167 replies to this topic

#106 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 12:18 PM

Has anyone else noticed the cold water coming out of their tap isn't very cold?   I just noticed this in the last two weeks or so.

Yes I have. But if you are hinting that we could be headed for a problem with water, don't worry...Rich_T and Robert Gary told me earlier in this thread that there is *NO WAY* that we would have any problem with water. They are the experts, so I am going to take their word for it !! :)

#107 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 12:35 PM

Has anyone else noticed the cold water coming out of their tap isn't very cold?   I just noticed this in the last two weeks or so.

Happens every summer at our house.

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#108 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 12:55 PM

Happens every summer at our house.

Been here over 30 years and this is a first for us, but maybe it's the new normal.

#109 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 12:59 PM

Yes I have. But if you are hinting that we could be headed for a problem with water, don't worry...Rich_T and Robert Gary told me earlier in this thread that there is *NO WAY* that we would have any problem with water. They are the experts, so I am going to take their word for it !! :)

I don't remember them saying that, funny guy :)

I don't know it's a problem as much as an oddity.  If others have noticed it as well then I know it's not due to some sort of problem with water delivery to my home in particular.

#110 Rich_T

Rich_T

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 12:59 PM

Get back to me in October when there is no water coming out of Folsom taps.  THAT is what I said wouldn't happen.  You're down to 2 more months to be proven right or wrong about that.

#111 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:00 PM

I have noticed it- but I do every summer so it is not unusual...

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#112 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:46 AM

Looking at the rate the lake is dropping, unless the BOR slows down releases, it looks like that 120,000 acre feet number will be closer to September than October.

From July 11 to August 11 the storage went from 384,485 acre feet to 246,948 acre feet.  If the same amount is released (137,538 AF), the lake will hit 109,411 AF in another 30 days.

#113 Robert Gary

Robert Gary

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:53 AM

Driving by the lake this morning it was shocking to see how low it is. This level is more typical in the fall. We may be able to see Mormon island in the summer this year.

-Robert

#114 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:56 AM

this may be the year the plane finally appears.

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#115 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:02 AM

this may be the year the plane finally appears.

That's what I'm thinking.  Unless there is more silt in front of the dam than they think there is from the coffer dam collapse in 1986 or that landslide along Highway 50 in 1997.

Add:  I remember all the debris that got washed down.  They were telling anyone that wanted firewood could haul out the large trees that had flowed into the lake and were now sitting on shore.  The bureau was finding appliances and propane tanks that had washed down in the spring of 1997.

www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-83854231.html

#116 maestro

maestro

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:59 AM

That's what I'm thinking.  Unless there is more silt in front of the dam than they think there is from the coffer dam collapse in 1986 or that landslide along Highway 50 in 1997.

Don't forget soil ran off after heavy rains on the 100,000 acres of the King Fire 2014.    

The last time Reclamation did any investigation of Folsom Reservoir's TRUE capacity was a glib paper in 2004. 

It has been over a decade since this agency bothered to correct the "capacity claim" made in the 1950's -- which is the 1,000,000 acre feet.        We are long overdue, because Reclamation and state water board OVERSTATE the water in Folsom reservoir,  and UNDERstate the number of humans 100% dependent upon this limited water.    

The water releases are still at the very high release level of 3,300 cubic feet per second.    500cfs would be more realistic.     Don't you wish more people would pressure Reclamation and state water board members for some realistic information??

#117 JohhnyCash

JohhnyCash

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:04 PM

Meastro.... stop with it please, you sound like chicken little.

I've seen the lake lower than it is now at this time of the year twice in my life.  I've walked onto Mormon Island in early August before and I can't currently get there.  I've ridden my bicycle across the old salmon falls bridge earlier in the year before.  The bridge is currently 23 feet under water and may not even break the surface of the lake for another month.

60 days from now you will be howling about the lack of flood control how the government has done EVERYTHING wrong as we are being pummeled by the huge winter storms spawed by the El Nino.

You claim to be that absolute *edit* expert on water and sewage yet to the best of my knowledge you are just a house wife that runs around in her moomoo taking videos of the "crimes of the world" in your neighborhood and posting them to Youtube.  If Folsom is sooooo *edit* bad please move to East Sacramento.

JC

#118 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:56 AM

I've seen the lake lower than it is now at this time of the year twice in my life.  I've walked onto Mormon Island in early August before and I can't currently get there.  I've ridden my bicycle across the old salmon falls bridge earlier in the year before.  The bridge is currently 23 feet under water and may not even break the surface of the lake for another month.

Just a REAL fact- The Old Salmon Falls Bridge has been out of water since June sometime. On July 1rst the top rail was over 6ft above the water and on August 4th only two of the support columns were in water over 1 foot deep.

Also JC- cut the personal attacks like the last paragraph that I have edited.

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#119 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:29 AM

Just a REAL fact- The Old Salmon Falls Bridge has been out of water since June sometime. On July 1rst the top rail was over 6ft above the water and on August 4th only two of the support columns were in water over 1 foot deep.

Thanks for the real facts, folsom500. 

#120 maestro

maestro

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:26 PM

folsom 500 moderator,    it's a shame you have to edit obscenities.      If you knew more about ranting "johnny cash" you'd erase posts.       .  Go back and check the comments about jc showing up to intimidate people whose area he can identify.       He thinks Maestro is either a woman/housewife or a coward --   not a Private Enforcer.     

This is the type of comments & commenter NOT belonging online, especially without their law-bending history being publicly known.   It's person sitting around with nothing to do --  for good reason, as we can all read.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users