• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 GuyVs.DCSniper

GuyVs.DCSniper

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 03:45 PM

I was wondering if anyone has heard about the new Folsom Bike and Grind over by the new dam road? I would love to know if theyre hiring as i am looking for a job at a bike shop and no other shop in the area is hiring right now. Thanks for your interest. Any help in contacting them would be greatly appreciated.

#2 GuyVs.DCSniper

GuyVs.DCSniper

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:26 PM

really? no one? haha.

#3 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:48 PM

Haven't heard of the place but the best way to get the answer you seek is to physically visit their shop and show your enthusiasm and skills. They may or may not have an opening but if you are a good fit, a job may suddenly open.

#4 folsom4us

folsom4us

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:05 PM

We were at that gas station the other day and noticed something a sign that said "bike shop" or something to that effect. There was paper on the window. I had never noticed it before.

#5 GuyVs.DCSniper

GuyVs.DCSniper

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:44 PM

ya i drove up there but theres nothing in the store yet and now their websites down. i just dont wanna miss out on a possible job since its so hard to find a decent one these days.

#6 JMB83

JMB83

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:17 PM

Open for business! I stopped by today. It's a very nice shop. I'm not a coffee guy, but the coffee shop was nice too. Wilson (formerly of Bicycles Plus) is the owner. Good guy. He hired a former Cannondale pro team mechanic to head up the service dept., as well as a former pro road racer to help with sales. Nice guys.

Looks like they carry Gary Fisher, BMC and Felt. A flyer at the counter said the Grand Opening is this weekend, with lots of freebees.

As we don't have a bike shop in EDH anymore, this is the closest to my house and if all goes well, will be my "home" shop smile.gif

www.folsombike.com

#7 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:05 PM

We stopped by last weekend when they first opened - nice people! Just show up, I think that's your best bet!

#8 Devdave

Devdave

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:16 PM

Wilson is good people...

QUOTE (JMB83 @ Oct 26 2009, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Open for business! I stopped by today. It's a very nice shop. I'm not a coffee guy, but the coffee shop was nice too. Wilson (formerly of Bicycles Plus) is the owner. Good guy. He hired a former Cannondale pro team mechanic to head up the service dept., as well as a former pro road racer to help with sales. Nice guys.

Looks like they carry Gary Fisher, BMC and Felt. A flyer at the counter said the Grand Opening is this weekend, with lots of freebees.

As we don't have a bike shop in EDH anymore, this is the closest to my house and if all goes well, will be my "home" shop smile.gif

www.folsombike.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users