17 replies to this topic

#1 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:51 AM

Did I read that in another thread correctly? Office Max is leaving Folsom? I hope they're just moving to a better location. It's in a terrible place now, unless you knew it was there, you wouldn't find it.

UGH, I'm there at least twice a week and don't care for Office Depot or Staples anywhere near as much.

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#2 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:07 AM

Did I read that in another thread correctly? Office Max is leaving Folsom? I hope they're just moving to a better location. It's in a terrible place now, unless you knew it was there, you wouldn't find it.

UGH, I'm there at least twice a week and don't care for Office Depot or Staples anywhere near as much.

Don't they all have essentially the same stuff? What's the difference between Office Max/Depot/Staples? Office Max is always empty whenever I am go there.

#3 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:17 AM

Cleaner, nicer, higher end products. Better customer service.
Their ImPress services are better. I also receive discounts there through my organizing memberships.

Kimberly Purcell

#4 mando

mando

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:27 AM

They seemed to have better deals on things like monitors and printers.

#5 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:06 AM

Plus no bloody rebates to deal with.

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#6 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:09 AM

Sorry to burst your bubble, but from this article, OfficeMax is indeed closing its Folsom location:

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/10/18/3986315/deep-discount-retailer-wise-buys.html

Nicole Miller, a spokeswoman for Naperville, Ill.-based OfficeMax, confirmed Monday that the company will be closing its Folsom store, which employs 16 people. She said efforts will be made to relocate those employees to other OfficeMax stores in the Sacramento area.

OfficeMax has been shedding some of its 900-plus outlets amid an office supplies store industry that some retail analysts contend is too crowded. Competitors include Office Depot and Staples.

Oops! Just realized this is the same article that started the original thread. Sorry for double-posting. :(

#7 Harold

Harold

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:41 AM

I get them confused, is this the one near Walmart?

I know that's the one I like to go to. I know I'm getting low on Xmas bordered paper for printing my newsletters to be inserted into Xmas cards. I may have to find my paper elsewhere now.

Bummer, but not surprised. I think I agree with the news article that the marketplace is over-represented. I never seem to find an office supply store swamped with customers. I know my purchases are a mere pittance.
Where have all the flowers gone?
Posted Image

#8 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:48 AM

I get them confused, is this the one near Walmart?

I know that's the one I like to go to. I know I'm getting low on Xmas bordered paper for printing my newsletters to be inserted into Xmas cards. I may have to find my paper elsewhere now.

Bummer, but not surprised. I think I agree with the news article that the marketplace is over-represented. I never seem to find an office supply store swamped with customers. I know my purchases are a mere pittance.

Lots of great options online for stationery.

Kimberly Purcell

#9 Harold

Harold

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:06 PM

Lots of great options online for stationery.

too many, can you recommend a site you have used?
Posted Image

#10 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:36 PM

too many, can you recommend a site you have used?

Haven't used any in a long time but check this out. For $10.95, you can download the templates and print them yourself.

Kimberly Purcell

#11 rpo

rpo

Hall Of Famer

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:36 PM

From what I have seen, 90%+ of a typical office store's sales are delivery. The physical location is basically a warehouse that happens to do retail sales as well.

#12 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:42 PM

From what I have seen, 90%+ of a typical office store's sales are delivery. The physical location is basically a warehouse that happens to do retail sales as well.

They typically offer free shipping, making online purchases/delivery a great option. That's how I purchase most of my supplies.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#13 Harold

Harold

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:56 PM

Haven't used any in a long time but check this out. For $10.95, you can download the templates and print them yourself.

Check what out?

No hyperlink, no picture, no nothing.

Also, I'm not sure my printer will print to the edge of the paper like the stuff I can buy is.
I guess next month I'll see what the office supply store nextdoor to Petco has.
Posted Image

#14 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:10 PM

http://www.downloads.../Christmas.html

I've used Stationery Studio for all my printed notecards in the past.

Kimberly Purcell

#15 Harold

Harold

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:13 PM

http://www.downloadstationery.com/Samples/holiday-stationery/Christmas-stationery/Christmas.html

I've used Stationery Studio for all my printed notecards in the past.

Thanks for the link.

However, call me picky poopy if you like, but I noticed every single one of those designs has that 1/2 inch wasted blank space along the borders, the exact place many printers can't print. That's where I want the majority of the artwork to be so it doesn't take away from my typing space so much. That's why I want to buy pre-printed paper with bleed-out in the design so the colored art goes to the edge and doesn't have to waste up the part of the paper I can print on.

Anyway, Thanks for trying.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users