• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:07 AM

Community: Australian (Cattle Dog) Rescued from Bottom of Cliff

At approximately 7:00 PM on Sunday August 26, 2012 a correctional sergeant from the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation noticed a dog stuck on a ledge at the bottom of the cliffs of Lake Natoma near the Folsom Lake Crossing. Personnel from the Folsom Fire Department responded to the scene and deployed a rescue boat to save the animal. It is believed the female Queensland Heeler mix may have fallen into the water upstream near the Folsom Lake Crossing. She was very weak when rescued but is currently recovering at the City of Folsom Animal Shelter.

Anyone with information regarding this event is encouraged to contact Folsom Police Animal Control Officer Cindy Walden at (916) 439-2268.

For full details, view this message on the web.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#2 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:34 AM

I've had three different Queensland/ACD/Blue Heeler's over the years and they are definately a great breed to own.

#3 quietlythinking

quietlythinking

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:people, gardening, pets, running, books, life :)

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

I met this dog, she is older, slightly scared (who wouldn't be), but warmed up quickly. Her favorite "trick" appeared to be to shake as she offered it up without me even prompting her. Someone owns this dog, I hope they reclaim her or she gets adopted soon. I would have taken her home, but I have 3 of my own so no room at this inn.

#4 quietlythinking

quietlythinking

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:people, gardening, pets, running, books, life :)

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

Yay, the dog was reunited with it's family.

#5 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

Yay, the dog was reunited with it's family.

YEEAAAHHHHH!!!!!! I LIKE GOOD NEWS!!!
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users