47 replies to this topic

#1 Erika

Erika

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 12:51 PM

There was a thread on TJ's and I thought I would start one on Costco. I'm curious to find out what people like to buy at Costco since there are so many here that love Costco.

The regular items we like are...

Toilet paper KS (Kirkland Signature)
Paper towels KS
Starbucks houseblend KS - 2 lbs for $10...wow!
Razor blades - Mach 3
Dial Soap
Books
Diapers KS
Wipes KS

Other items we have found we like are...
Spinach and mozzarella ravioli
Lasagna KS
Juices
Sushi - new and improved now

I could go on but I'll wait to see what other people enjoy buying. They also have great deals on seasonal products.

I noticed they are selling makeup and was wondering if anyone has tried it. What did you think?

#2 JMH

JMH

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 12:54 PM

I love Costco's rolls. There are way too many (maybe 24) in the pack, but they are very good. I should try to freeze them. Ah, I never have any left over anyway!

#3 Erika

Erika

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 12:58 PM

They also have Chaka's MMM sauce right now which is a MUST for a good steak.

#4 OceanGirl

OceanGirl

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:The ocean, boogie boarding, biking, martial arts, camping, hiking, skiing- pretty much anything outdoors, family, pets

Posted 17 June 2006 - 01:54 PM

Cute kiddie clothes sometimes

Beef Jerky

Flats of applesauce

Big boxes of fish crackers

The berry or mocha freezes at the snack bar

Organic bean and cheese burritos

Dinosaur chicken nuggets

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I could think of for now......
I like to reminisce with people I don't know
~Steven Wright~

http://www.waterfallswest.com

#5 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 17 June 2006 - 02:50 PM

The deals at Costco are phenomenal. There are many food and office supply items I buy on a regular basis. Here are just a few:

Sheet Protectors ~ I use these for the packets I put together for my clients. A box of 200 at Costco is $8.99; two boxes of 100 at Office Depot (IF I buy a minimum of three to get the lowest rate) costs $14.58.

Large Cans of Tomatoes/Portabella Mushrooms/Italian Sausages ~ for making pasta sauce.

Kirkland Balsamic Vinegar ~ Actually quite good. I don't care for the Kirkland Olive Oil, so I still buy Bertoli elsewhere.

Romaine Lettuce/Spinach Salad/Broccoli Flowerettes~ Can't beat the deals.

Aidelle's Sausages ~ These chicken-based sausages (chicken & mango, chicken & sundried tomato, etc.) are great. My only, and continued, disappointment is that Costco doesn't carry Aidelle's Andouille sausage, so I have to buy it elsewhere at regular store prices.

Cheese, Yogurt, Butter, Eggs ~ Again, unbelievable deals.

Ciabatta Bread ~ MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#6 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 03:05 PM

I love the large tubs of hummus and the tubs of feta cheese. Chicken tamales. Coffee, too, but only if you plow through it like I do before it gets too stale. Large boxes of veggie burgers are quite a deal. Wine! Also the best place to go when you need to stock up for a big party.

Besides the fact that I swear I got pantry moths from buying boxed food at Costco, the only problem is that Costco has such cool stuff that I always end up blowing my "money saved" on things I never knew I couldn't live without.

#7 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 17 June 2006 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Jun 17 2006, 04:05 PM) View Post

I love the large tubs of hummus and the tubs of feta cheese. Chicken tamales. Coffee, too, but only if you plow through it like I do before it gets too stale. Large boxes of veggie burgers are quite a deal. Wine! Also the best place to go when you need to stock up for a big party.

Besides the fact that I swear I got pantry moths from buying boxed food at Costco, the only problem is that Costco has such cool stuff that I always end up blowing my "money saved" on things I never knew I couldn't live without.

Have you ever made your own Hummus? If not and you want to try it, check out my recipe: http://www.tomatopag...topic=7586&st=0

I have to say I'm pretty good about not buying things at Costco I don't really need. I tend to stay away from the aisles containing things not on my list unless I'm in the market for a gift or something.

Oh, another great buy: picture frames. Costco always has some nice ones; they make great gifts.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#8 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE(Resume Lady @ Jun 17 2006, 05:05 PM) View Post

Have you ever made your own Hummus? If not and you want to try it, check out my recipe: http://www.tomatopag...topic=7586&st=0

I have to say I'm pretty good about not buying things at Costco I don't really need. I tend to stay away from the aisles containing things not on my list unless I'm in the market for a gift or something.

Oh, another great buy: picture frames. Costco always has some nice ones; they make great gifts.

I make my own hummus often, but love the convienence of the big tub, esp. handy when I'm having people over.

You have a much stronger resolve than I do!

#9 Solartide

Solartide

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 04:28 PM

Batteries! More than you'll ever need in one simple package!

#10 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Jun 17 2006, 05:25 PM) View Post

I make my own hummus often, but love the convienence of the big tub, esp. handy when I'm having people over.

You have a much stronger resolve than I do!

Na, I just haven't tasted a hummus I like as much as mine. wink.gif It's really not difficult-- takes no more than five minutes to whip up.

QUOTE(Selbstbeobachtung @ Jun 17 2006, 05:28 PM) View Post

Batteries! More than you'll ever need in one simple package!

Yep, batteries! Great deal.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

#11 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 17 June 2006 - 05:17 PM

Vino, DVD's, CD's, Electronics

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#12 JMH

JMH

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 05:59 PM

Great selection of wine, DVD's, Cabo Wabo Tequila...

#13 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 07:14 PM

Dino's, batteries (essential for any parent), seasonal stuff (like snorkel sets, wetsuits, etc), blueberry muffins, and all the free food!

My wife and I like the woman with the Norweigan accent. "Multi-grrrain butterrrmilk brrread!"

#14 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE(Resume Lady @ Jun 17 2006, 05:31 PM) View Post

Na, I just haven't tasted a hummus I like as much as mine. wink.gif It's really not difficult-- takes no more than five minutes to whip up.

I like to add tahini to my hummus. And when I'm looking for a change of pace, some cumin.

#15 Erika

Erika

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE(john @ Jun 17 2006, 08:14 PM) View Post

My wife and I like the woman with the Norweigan accent. "Multi-grrrain butterrrmilk brrread!"

Yes, she's quite nice. I think she was sampling the lemon cake today. We went because I wanted to show my husband the tools and see if he wanted any and they had quite the samples today. They had all the manly food-steak, meat balls, sushi (lots), nuts, jelly beans, lemon cake, drink mix...gosh, so much.

They also had very small samples of the makeup. It was just a sheet with a peel-off and a minimal amount under but it was nice to see what they had.

Gas!!!!! Batteries!!!! How did I forget those. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users