• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Parizienne

Parizienne

My Folsom Honeybee

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Interests:History, gardening, reading, antiquing, road trips, road food, the Blues, classic rock, travel.

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:37 AM

My ex-husband sent a package addressed to my daughter to our home. The package was her and her brother's Christmas gifts to me. On Christmas morning they were unhappy because they had nothing to give me. Of course, I let them know it was okay, but they felt awful. The tracking number says it was delivered on Monday, Dec. 21 at 4:02 P.M. It was raining cats and dogs that day. We were home. I remember because we had to leave for El Dorado Hills at 4:45. The package was NOT delivered as the tracking system indicates.

Either -- it was delivered but not to our house. Perhaps the address was hard to read? Has anyone who reads this forum in Hannaford Cross seen it?

Or.. it simply wasn't delivered and the postman lied about dropping it off. Either way -- WHERE is it? Why would a mail carrier do that? Seems ridiculous to me.

If it was misdelivered, wouldn't the recipient return it to the sender?
If it was not delivered, where would it be?
Could be that it was stolen from the porch, but that's never happened. We received other packages this week with no problems at all. Plus -- how likely would it be for someone to do that in pouring rain with only a 45 minute window of opportunity? Seems unlikely to me.

I already filed a complaint with the postal service which in itself took nearly an act of God. Getting through to a live person on that 800 number you have to call is next to impossible. They wouldn't let me speak to the local post office. I think maybe I'll leave a note in the box for the carrier.

Pari.
Pari

#2 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (Parizienne @ Dec 29 2009, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My ex-husband sent a package addressed to my daughter to our home. The package was her and her brother's Christmas gifts to me. On Christmas morning they were unhappy because they had nothing to give me. Of course, I let them know it was okay, but they felt awful. The tracking number says it was delivered on Monday, Dec. 21 at 4:02 P.M. It was raining cats and dogs that day. We were home. I remember because we had to leave for El Dorado Hills at 4:45. The package was NOT delivered as the tracking system indicates.

Either -- it was delivered but not to our house. Perhaps the address was hard to read? Has anyone who reads this forum in Hannaford Cross seen it?

Or.. it simply wasn't delivered and the postman lied about dropping it off. Either way -- WHERE is it? Why would a mail carrier do that? Seems ridiculous to me.

If it was misdelivered, wouldn't the recipient return it to the sender?
If it was not delivered, where would it be?
Could be that it was stolen from the porch, but that's never happened. We received other packages this week with no problems at all. Plus -- how likely would it be for someone to do that in pouring rain with only a 45 minute window of opportunity? Seems unlikely to me.

I already filed a complaint with the postal service which in itself took nearly an act of God. Getting through to a live person on that 800 number you have to call is next to impossible. They wouldn't let me speak to the local post office. I think maybe I'll leave a note in the box for the carrier.

Pari.

Wow, sorry to hear that happened to you. I think it is likely someone stole it off your porch. Someone probably saw the postman drop it off and quickly scammed on it as soon as the postman drove off.
I would rather be Backpacking

#3 Parizienne

Parizienne

My Folsom Honeybee

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Interests:History, gardening, reading, antiquing, road trips, road food, the Blues, classic rock, travel.

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:48 AM

Heh. Well, if that's true, they were probably seriously disappointed. It was a package of books.

QUOTE (Bill Z @ Dec 29 2009, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, sorry to hear that happened to you. I think it is likely someone stole it off your porch. Someone probably saw the postman drop it off and quickly scammed on it as soon as the postman drove off.

Pari

#4 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:16 AM

That happened to me earlier this year. They said they had delivered it to our house but we never got it. This one came from Amazon.com. I contacted them and they sent me out a new book and this one was autographed. About 5 days later a young boy brought the package with the original book in it to our house. They live about 7 houses up the street and it was delivered to them while they were on vacation. When they came home they brought it to me.

I then contacted Amazon and told them I had two books. What to do with the original one. I asked them if I could just pay for the other book, I would have two, and I sent one to my brother in Michigan.

It all worked out.

I think that your package went to a wrong address. They will tell you that it was left at your house but people do make mistakes.

Mine was UPS though...
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#5 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:17 AM

Did you try the 983-0371 # for the post office?

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#6 traceyl

traceyl

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE (ChefRaven @ Dec 29 2009, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you try the 983-0371 # for the post office?

That's the # I called for the Folsom PO and they were very very helpful. I had ordered books from Amazon and mailed them to my mom in West Sac, but put the Folsom zip on it... doh!! The pkg was delivered to the Folsom post office and they searched for it for me.

#7 maggiesmom

maggiesmom

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 03:43 PM

So weird but the same thing happened to us last week. My brother in law sent a package with UPS to my daughter and the tracking # says it was placed on our porch on December 24th. Well, we have no package. My brother in law says it may have been stolen off of our porch...he feels awful that my daughter did not get his gift and I'm a little weirded out that someone possibly stole a box off our porch!!

#8 pet lover

pet lover

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:27 PM

I too have had problems with UPS. I ordered a computer from Costco three summers ago and never received the computer. When I filed a complaint they said it was signed for by a man at the door. Funny thing is I am single and there isn't a man here to answer my door! Unfortunately I cannot have anything left by the door anymore and it is a great inconvenience. I think the UPS guy stole my computer and scribbled someone's name. What he didn't know is a man doesn't live at my house!
QUOTE (maggiesmom @ Dec 29 2009, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So weird but the same thing happened to us last week. My brother in law sent a package with UPS to my daughter and the tracking # says it was placed on our porch on December 24th. Well, we have no package. My brother in law says it may have been stolen off of our porch...he feels awful that my daughter did not get his gift and I'm a little weirded out that someone possibly stole a box off our porch!!

#9 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:27 PM

All the packages I've "lost" in the last couple years have turned out to be languishing in the apartment office but I suppose that doesn't apply to you.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#10 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:35 PM

I know the original poster was talking about the USPS (United States Postal Service), but your post refers to UPS (United Parcel Service). You might want to find out if the package meant for your daughter would have gone through the Fairfield distribution center for UPS.

http://www.mercuryne...ews/ci_14064354

We've had both UPS packages and USPS packages delivered to people down the street by accident. They've always returned them to us... sometimes embarrassed because they had already opened them without looking at the address label. We're lucky our neighbors are honest people.

#11 erfamof4

erfamof4

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:33 AM

I have noticed that the USPS tracking system is very unreliable. I've had many things sent via USPS and the tracking info never gets updated past the "Left the Shipping Facility," however I still receive the packages, so no qualms there. But, I also had an issue with USPS not delivering a package this holiday season. The tracking info does not say "delivered," but it is more than a week past estimated delivery and assumed to be "lost." It was a small enough package to fit in the community mailbox so I do not think it was stolen off our porch. I'm thinking in our case it was misdirected to a house on another court near us....there are 4 courts in a row, each with the same numbered houses (i.e. 1860 is the same position on each court)....so postmaster could've easily mis-delivered, especially if he/she was filling in during the holidays. The nice thing is that it was an order from Amazon and when I contacted them, they immediately offered to send me a new shipment or process a full refund, no questions asked (and not even their fault!) I Love Amazon!

#12 traceyl

traceyl

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (erfamof4 @ Dec 30 2009, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The nice thing is that it was an order from Amazon and when I contacted them, they immediately offered to send me a new shipment or process a full refund, no questions asked (and not even their fault!) I Love Amazon!

I agree on the Amazon thing. My pkg mishap was clearly my mistake. They issued a full refund, and it's still possible the books will show up. However, I just re-ordered them and they arrived yesterday.

#13 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:59 AM

QUOTE (traceyl @ Dec 30 2009, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree on the Amazon thing. My pkg mishap was clearly my mistake. They issued a full refund, and it's still possible the books will show up. However, I just re-ordered them and they arrived yesterday.

My experience is Amazon "groks" customer service.

The Oxford English Dictionary defines grok as "to understand intuitively or by empathy; to establish rapport with" and "to empathize or communicate sympathetically (with); also, to experience enjoyment."

I would rather be Backpacking

#14 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE (Bill Z @ Dec 30 2009, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My experience is Amazon "groks" customer service.

Now if only we could get them to grok charity
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#15 Howdy

Howdy

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:57 PM

I'm a little weirded out that someone possibly stole a box off our porch!!

This time of year you get people follwing FDX and UPS tucks around, noting where they stop and going back and picking the packages right off the porch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users