5 replies to this topic

#1 MnT

MnT

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:34 AM

Just a warning to keep an eye out for two males handing out fliers for Northern Star Electronic Recyclers. I noticed someone was lurking around my front door area (usually, they just drop off the flier and leave). I looked closer, and he was near my flower pot for quite some time. After he left, I looked and saw my Amazon.com box there, opened. The only thing missing is the packing slip (nothing of interest in the package!).

I called NSE Recyclers and told them what happened. I also called the non-emergency number for Folsom PD to let them know.

#2 mikat

mikat

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

Thanks for the warning. What area of town do you live in?

#3 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

Just a warning to keep an eye out for two males handing out fliers for Northern Star Electronic Recyclers. I noticed someone was lurking around my front door area (usually, they just drop off the flier and leave). I looked closer, and he was near my flower pot for quite some time. After he left, I looked and saw my Amazon.com box there, opened. The only thing missing is the packing slip (nothing of interest in the package!).

I called NSE Recyclers and told them what happened. I also called the non-emergency number for Folsom PD to let them know.

well, your name and billing information may be on that packing slip. that's not good.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#4 MnT

MnT

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

We live in the Kentfield area (off Riley St...the 'old' Broadstone). I called Amazon and they said they don't always include packing slips, so that's good. She said they can't do much with the slip; no credit info is on it if they do have it. Just my name and address, which they could see on the address label. I'm just glad there was nothing important/valuable in the package.

My neighbor said she saw them looking suspiciously in another neighbor's bushes. Very odd. Folsom PD sent an officer around the area just to check around.

#5 Devdave

Devdave

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

Perhaps he was interested in what NEW electronics you bought, so as to know what to encourage you to recycle.

Seriously though, you did the best one can do, be vigilant, and call Folsom PD.

#6 MnT

MnT

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:53 PM

Perhaps he was interested in what NEW electronics you bought, so as to know what to encourage you to recycle.

Seriously though, you did the best one can do, be vigilant, and call Folsom PD.

Ha! ;) Good one!

He must've been so disappointed with our box's contents!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users