3 replies to this topic

#1 SunshineServices

SunshineServices

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

One of my friends has a 2-year old male purebred with papers German Shepherd dog that needs a new home. The dog weighs 95 lbs, is about 3 feet tall and slender. Will probably fill out with age. They are looking for a new home for the dog as it has bitten several people including children. An Eldorado County recommended pet 'Therapist' has studied the dog and concluded that the dog is not vicious. The dog has been pink-slipped in Eldorado county. So they are looking for either a rescue, a police or military outfit. Any leads would be welcomed. They realize they might have to put the dog down but are willing to explore all options.

Jeff
When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace.

Jimi Hendrix

#2 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

Can the dog only be adopted by "a rescue, a police or military outfit"?

If a regular person can adopt, I'm interested. I rehabilitated an abused/abandoned german shepherd a few years ago. It was a very rewarding experience and I got a fantastic dog as a result.

Also, I recently came across a trainer in Sacramento that might be able to help. It's called Super Dog

And there is always Ceasar.

#3 SunshineServices

SunshineServices

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

Can the dog only be adopted by "a rescue, a police or military outfit"?

If a regular person can adopt, I'm interested. I rehabilitated an abused/abandoned german shepherd a few years ago. It was a very rewarding experience and I got a fantastic dog as a result.

Also, I recently came across a trainer in Sacramento that might be able to help. It's called Super Dog

And there is always Ceasar.

A regular person CAN adopt, just not in El Dorado county.
When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace.

Jimi Hendrix

#4 Fowler

Fowler

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

If you can't find someone locally to adopt him, German Shepherd Rescue Northern California is an excellent resource. I adopted my shepherd from them and they are VERY focused on finding the RIGHT home for each dog. I also recommed Mandy Kennedy (Unleashed Dog Training) in El Dorado Hills for dog training. She's very knowledgable and has a shepherd of her own. Good luck, and I commend your friend for seeking out other options. Sometimes euthanasia is necessary, but I believe the dogs deserve a chance to go to a home where their problems can improve and be contributing members to the K9 world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users