dnell

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE(Folsom4Now @ Mar 22 2006, 07:10 PM) View Post

My top three are Mandisa, Chris, and Taylor. smile.gif

I agree with you! I love watching all three peform. I'd say out of all of the contestants, the only CD's I would actually buy are Chris and Taylor's...everyone else is to pop-y for my taste.

#17 benning

benning

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 03:55 PM

So many Idol fans on myfolsom. Maybe we could get together and watch a show then dish about it. My place? April sometime? pm me if interested.
"L'essential est invisible pour les yeux."

#18 nhardy

nhardy

MyFolsom's 12th Round Pick

• Premium Member
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 09:44 PM

Once again Katharine Mcphee rocked the house!

I'm also glad Simon finally told Chris what he needs to hear. Glad I'm not the only one bored with the "Hi, I'm a Toughguy Rocker Dude" gig.
To all you Freaks, don't stop the rock....

#19 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 28 March 2006 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE(nhardy @ Mar 28 2006, 09:44 PM) View Post

Once again Katharine Mcphee rocked the house!

I'm also glad Simon finally told Chris what he needs to hear. Glad I'm not the only one bored with the "Hi, I'm a Toughguy Rocker Dude" gig.

tonite was the worse week I've ever seen - they were all bad - cept for Katharine and Elliot

and yeah Chris went a bit too far off the rocker edge with that song tonite - it was too hard and the others picked out very lame songs, cept Paris did a nice rendition of that Beyonce song - but its still wierd seeing a 17 year old sing those adult songs

Simon may be harsh but he's the only one who gives them all a 100% accurate critique

I think that gal that sang first tonite will get the axe

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#20 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE(davburr @ Mar 28 2006, 09:48 PM) View Post

tonite was the worse week I've ever seen - they were all bad - cept for Katharine and Elliot

and yeah Chris went a bit too far off the rocker edge with that song tonite - it was too hard and the others picked out very lame songs, cept Paris did a nice rendition of that Beyonce song - but its still wierd seeing a 17 year old sing those adult songs

Simon may be harsh but he's the only one who gives them all a 100% accurate critique

I think that gal that sang first tonite will get the axe

Elliot's performance was my favorite tonight and I have to agree that tonight was Weak, with a capitol W. Chris was really, really rockin' it and even though I like it heavy, Simon was right in that the metalers don't watch Idol. That said, as Randy kept pointing out, this shows what kind of record you'd put out and Chris' would definitely have a huge audience. I think that he's not too concerned with winning it, but instead he's marketing himself (but in a much better way than that East Coast nasty girl who got booted early on). Katherine's solid.

My guess is that Lisa or Ace will be gone tomorrow. I wish Bucky would go because he's definitely not one of "the ten best singers in America!" but I think he did what his fans like. We'll see.

Does anyone else here think that Kelli Pickler is a box of rocks?

#21 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Mar 28 2006, 10:28 PM) View Post

Elliot's performance was my favorite tonight and I have to agree that tonight was Weak, with a capitol W. Chris was really, really rockin' it and even though I like it heavy, Simon was right in that the metalers don't watch Idol. That said, as Randy kept pointing out, this shows what kind of record you'd put out and Chris' would definitely have a huge audience. I think that he's not too concerned with winning it, but instead he's marketing himself (but in a much better way than that East Coast nasty girl who got booted early on). Katherine's solid.

My guess is that Lisa or Ace will be gone tomorrow. I wish Bucky would go because he's definitely not one of "the ten best singers in America!" but I think he did what his fans like. We'll see.

Oh yeah Elliots performance definately was the most unique with style that was different then the original song and he gets my vote for best performance tonite. I liked Chris's song too (heck I have that creed album) but it was too hard rock for the show and audience as you noted....and I bet you're right that he's using the show as a marketing tool.

I laffed hard when Simon and Randy gave Paula grief about asking Ace to talk later about his scar lmaosmiley.gif

#22 nhardy

nhardy

• Premium Member
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Mar 28 2006, 10:28 PM) View Post

Ace butchered one of Trains best songs. He should be booted off for even attempting it.

I agree - Kelli Pickler is dumber than a box of rocks. She won't be around much longer.

#23 MSgt

MSgt

Living Legend

• 3,405 posts
  • Interests:Camping
    Reading
    Fishing
    Read and discuss about spiritual matters

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:16 AM

yes, what was up with Ace and his scar. I couldn't believe he answered Paula saying "Yes it is a REAL scar". That was lame. I thought McPheever was the best.
Also Taylor was good. It looks like they are going for slogans and nicknames now. Taylor came up with soul patrol, we have Pick Pickler and Mc Pheever. Probably a smart idea for Taylor. Don't you think he looked younger last night?

#24 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE(nhardy @ Mar 29 2006, 07:51 AM) View Post

Ace butchered one of Trains best songs. He should be booted off for even attempting it.

I agree - Kelli Pickler is dumber than a box of rocks. She won't be around much longer.

I agree - those two are the worse - and Ace's version of the song was very cheesy, especially that stupid scar reference

and yeah Pickler sucks -the only reason she's still on there is cause she's blonde

#25 FolsomBarb

FolsomBarb

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 01:17 PM

I thought Kellie looked like a robot when she was singing......I'm personally a fan of Taylor's. specool.gif .....thought he did OK last night, but not as good as he's been. I did think he looked younger....must be the leather jacket/outfit they had him in?

Lisa is definately my choice to go home tonight thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif ......she was so off-key in so many places, I was cringing at the tv through the whole song.... Bucky should have gone home 2 weeks ago, IMO.....but he wasn't the worst last night, so I'll be surprised if he gets voted off tonight. I don't think he has what it takes to win, so sooner or later, he'll be gone.

McFee is very good, as is Mandisa (even tho I didn't like her song last night) and Paris. I have a feeling Chris will end up winning it all as long as he takes the advice he was given last night, and comes back from the Dark Side. evilguy.gif .... I'm tired of Ace and his "making love to the camera". cuss3.gif ........ Elliot is OK.....not sure if he's consistent enough to stay till the end....

In a couple weeks, we'll be down to the best of the bunch, and any of them could have a relatively bad evening and blow it.... You can't predict how the public will vote, and each season always has at least one shocking elimination. We haven't had that yet, so it's anyone's guess.

I pay attention to what Simon says.....and I agree with him 99.9% of the time.

I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are someone else's fault.

#26 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 09:46 PM

Ummmm, McPhee's in the bottom three and Bucky isn't???

#27 nhardy

nhardy

• Premium Member
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Mar 29 2006, 09:46 PM) View Post

It was rigged - they had to throw someone good in the bottom 3 just to keep the people guessing. I don't buy it for a second.

#28 dnell

dnell

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:51 AM

I heard next week's theme is 'Country.' Anyone know if it's true?

If it is, that should be good news for Kellie and Bucky- it's giving them a good chance to shine. Kind of like if they had "Hard Rock" week for Chris.
It'll be interesting to see what Chris will do next week, if the theme is country and seeing that Simon told him he needs to try something new.

#29 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE(dnell @ Mar 30 2006, 10:51 AM) View Post

I heard next week's theme is 'Country.' Anyone know if it's true?

If it is, that should be good news for Kellie and Bucky- it's giving them a good chance to shine. Kind of like if they had "Hard Rock" week for Chris.
It'll be interesting to see what Chris will do next week, if the theme is country and seeing that Simon told him he needs to try something new.

I think country will be easier for Chris to do than hard rock would be for Kellie.

#30 MSgt

MSgt

Living Legend

• 3,405 posts
  • Interests:Camping
    Reading
    Fishing
    Read and discuss about spiritual matters

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Mar 29 2006, 09:46 PM) View Post

We couldn't believe that either THAT IS NUTS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users