5 replies to this topic

#1 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:24 AM

All you hunters check this out. haha

.950 CALIBER RIFLE
Put aside your girly-man .458 Win Mag or your wimpy .50 cal and watch guys shoot a real gun, the largest center fire rifle ever made, the .950 JiDJ by SSK Industries (Ohio). Only $40.00 for each round!

Only three have been made. This was the lightest, the carbine version, weighing in at 50 lbs. It shoots a .95 caliber 2,400 grain bullet at 2,100 FPS using 240 grains of powder, which generates 25,400 ft/lbs of muzzle energy and 277 ft/lbs of recoil energy.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#2 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:20 PM

Yeah, everyone should have one of those.

#3 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:38 AM

What an odd gun, especially the weird caliber and the smaller case.  The projectile is twice the size and much slower than the 20mm cannon shell it's converted from.  It reminds me of the short story "A Gun For Dinosaur" where the time travel safari agency won't allow the wimpy guy to come along because he can't heft the cannon.

"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#4 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:45 PM

Awesome! Totally going fishing with that!

#5 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:28 PM

You'd think they would have a larger area to rest against your shoulder to help disperse the kick.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#6 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:53 PM

You'd think they would have a larger area to rest against your shoulder to help disperse the kick.

You could always go redneck with a dish towel and a rubber band.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users