• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:03 PM

I live in Willow Springs but am close to Prairie Oaks. We love the neighborhoods and have always had block parties and tight relationships (not overbearing, though... you don't want the neighbors that need to know everything) with many of our neighbors.

The purple house is kind of funny. It does stand out. The area where the purple house is located is very nice, and I don't recall seeing any overgrown lawns, etc. over there or in any of the areas of Prairie Oaks off of Russi.

You might also like Willow Springs a lot. It depends on the size of home you want, whether you want to live near the school, near Livermore Park, near the Pond, etc.
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#17 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:34 AM

We live in the Larchmont homes by the high school and have had no problems except for a window issue in the 8 years we lived here-also our street is v. well maintained by all. HOWEVer, on the first Hansen Cirlce there are some odd houses where the paint colors are off-setting to the other houses-nothing weird but definitely not my first choice in colors and some of the yards look a mess. I totally agree with you about the lack of socialization. NO parties, no friendly hellos...just a lot of garage closing neighbors. With that said we have forced our neighbors to be friendly-lol.....there are a few kids on the street who play with our kids, however, many just stay inside-such a shame when they have backyards etc...Also, there are lots of daycare babies and parents don't get home until 6:30 and maybe that's why their kids are always inside b/c they never see their parents-v. sad .
Americans, don't just come in one color or race.

#18 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 24 April 2010 - 05:02 PM

Prairie Oaks/ Willow Springs freakin' rocks! It's awesome! Woo-hoo!

Learn it, live it, love it!

Obviously, you need to live near me.
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#19 Silverado

Silverado

Superstar

• Photographer
  • 782 posts
  • Interests:Photography, ATVs, Jeepin', the Great Outdoors

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (tgianco @ Apr 24 2010, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Prairie Oaks/ Willow Springs freakin' rocks! It's awesome! Woo-hoo!

Learn it, live it, love it!

Obviously, you need to live near me.

+1!
The inconsistencies are so compounded as to present a seemingly impossible phenomenon. -Mr. Spock

#20 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:43 PM

Well, that's a little reassuring, though I wonder if it's difficult to enforce? Otherwise I imagine neighbors would have tried to do so with that purple house...but maybe they all like it too! (If you haven't seen it, I'm not just talking about a slight purple undertone to a more neutral color...this is definitely PURPLE with purple trim).

I walked by the purple house today. I've been wanting to see it. Actually, I thought the shade was reasonable (almost exactly as described above "a muted purple undertone") but there was no mistake that it was purple. The neighborhood is very nice & the people I passed were very friendly.

I also walked over & around Palmer Circle and found that to be a very friendly neighborhood also. It really had a nice "feel"...lots of families out & about, children on bicycles..just had a different feel to it... could be a more diversified mix of houses, vs many of the other 'hoods full of McMansion's.

Anyways, my 2 cents for a walk thru PO today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users