Photo
- - - - -

What's With All The Power Outages Today?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 04:57 PM

Just experienced our FOURTH power outage of the day. Anyone know what the culprit is?

P.S. I already tried calling SMUD to no avail. MyFolsom members seem to be more "in the know" anyway, which is why I ask here. :)

#2 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:26 PM

Where in Folsom are you in?  Guess we were lucky not to have any in Prairie Oaks.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#3 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:56 PM

Sorry, Camay; I thought posting in the North Folsom forum might give a hint that we are in North Folsom. :)

Glad to hear it isn't city-wide. The longest outage was this morning with each subsequent outage becoming shorter and shorter, until the last one just before I posted lasting less than one minute. Really messes with trying to do computer-based work at home this weekend.

If it continues I'll try calling SMUD during business hours tomorrow.

#4 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 08:34 PM

AZT, I didn't have any power outage today, but there were multiple issues with my company's VPN & programs. Sorry, but I haven't heard anything about what happened over on your side of town.

#5 Deanna H

Deanna H

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:19 AM

Sorry, Camay; I thought posting in the North Folsom forum might give a hint that we are in North Folsom. :)

Glad to hear it isn't city-wide. The longest outage was this morning with each subsequent outage becoming shorter and shorter, until the last one just before I posted lasting less than one minute. Really messes with trying to do computer-based work at home this weekend.

If it continues I'll try calling SMUD during business hours tomorrow.

I think a lot of people go straight to the New Content section and don't really notice which forum messages were actually posted in. At least that's true for me.

#6 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:26 PM

New content page says "in North Folsom."

"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#7 Deanna H

Deanna H

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:38 PM

New content page says "in North Folsom."

Yes it does, but I don't really notice that when I look at the topic. I thought that others might not as well. Since the topic is bolder than the rest of the info., it's really all that stands out. Maybe it's just me.

#8 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:51 PM

Regardless of what forum topic a thread is posted in, people like to respond. And do.

#9 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:31 PM

Thanks for the kind responses. :)

All was well today. Out of curiosity, I called SMUD morning anyway. The rep asked if he could place me on hold while he researched it and when he came back about 10 minutes later said he could find no record of the incidents and wondered if it might have been isolated to our house. I responded that although I hadn't gone door to door to our neighbors to ask, I figured it was unlikely since during the first and longest outage my husband received a phone recording that the power was out for thirteen thousand six hundred and something residents. He then said something to the effect of maybe it was a fuse ???

Oh well. glad things are back on line today and I was able to get stuff done. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users