6 replies to this topic

#1 DalOwnerX3

DalOwnerX3

Fuzzy Folsomite

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 03:03 PM

Okay, let's dial back down the tension on the threads.

What are some good ideas for kiddie birthday parties? I heard that Chuckie Cheese is booked months in advance and that indoor playground (Wild Things?) in Rancho Cordova has closed down. Any ideas?

Another concern is that my kid was born at the end of October (I guess it's a result of a successful Valentine's day. tongue.gif ). The weather at that time is iffy - so having a party in the park is chancy.

So any suggestions for boy or girl party? Also, age-appropriate stuff. My kid will turn 5 this fall, so I'm not sure if Granite Arch will be a good idea.

#2 Love Folsom

Love Folsom

Netizen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 03:32 PM

What about Tricks Gymnastics on East Bidwell?

#3 NRB

NRB

Superstar

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Interests:Secretary, FIDO Inc. (Folsom Independent Dog Owners) dedicated to bringing a dog park to Folsom and promoting responsible dog ownership. www.fidoinc.org <br /><br />Secretary, Friends of Folsom Parkways

Posted 12 February 2004 - 12:03 PM

I never have scheduled a Chuckie Cheese B-day party more than 2 weeks in advance. So don't rule them out. They take care of everything and best of all you don't have to clean your house afterwards! My youngest son's b-day is in March, another iffy weather month. We had his party in the garage w/ the doors open. We have a playhouse with firepole and climbing wall and a basketball hoop. You'd be surprised how much fun everyone had. If you don't have the play equipment you can always rent a jumper (most rental places also offer indoor inflatables)! Dal's suggestion for Tricks is also a good one. There's also Bounceopolis in EDH. Been to a couple parties where they take the kids to a movie and then McDonalds or Burger King afterwards. Although, I don't know if five year olds can sit through a whole movie or not and it's dependent on a good G rated movie playing. There's also bumper bowling. Hope this helps! Good luck!
Want a dog park in Folsom?
Go to www.FIDO Inc.org

#4 zach5

zach5

Superstar

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 10:03 AM

Bumper bowling, may be a little hard for 5 year olds though.
Come Support Me This Year For Relay For Life!
http://www.acsevents.../ca/folsom/zach

#5 Not a Folsom Snob

Not a Folsom Snob

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 08:37 PM

We've been to several B.D. parties at Bounceapolis (sp.) in El Dorado Hills the kids seem to really enjoy it

#6 Brett911

Brett911

Hall Of Famer

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 09:12 PM

We have done Granite Arch - 5 yrs old is okay if the kids are somewhat adventerous.

You can do ice skating in Roseville. We did that a few times and the kids loved it.

We just did Folsom Sport's Complex today for our older son, 8, and he said it was his best b-day party ever (Basketball party). The staff there were great!

There's always bowling which kids love. There's Laser Tag too if you do bowling at Country Club lanes on Watt Ave.

Bounceopolis is always a winner. We've been there a few times as guests.

There's also a kids park with rides in Land Park near Fairy Tale Town. The name escapes me though. 5 year olds would really dig that.

My Gym in Folsom is also a great place for 4-5 year olds. The kids have lots of fun there (next to Raley's on RIley).

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know." -- Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

#7 DalOwnerX3

DalOwnerX3

Fuzzy Folsomite

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 12:14 PM

FYI - The amusement park next to Fairytale town is called Funderland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users