Town Center Blvd

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:13 PM

Half of the street was blocked off today (Bistro 33 block) as the crews were repainting the parking lines & doing other work. The diagonal parking lines are being changed to perpendicular to the curb (not parallel). Of the cars parked in the old diagonal spots, nearly 50% were over the line. I'm just wondering how many spaces they gained, and if people will actually be able to park in these revised spaces.

#2 Redone

Redone

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:17 PM

They were over the line because of substandard width less than 9 feet. EDH doesn't have the same parking guidelines as Folsom.

#3 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:10 AM

They were over the line because of substandard width less than 9 feet. EDH doesn't have the same parking guidelines as Folsom.

I'd buy that IF all the cars were over the line. When a car is over the back right corner line, it looks like the driver did not either judge the distance accurately & did not bother to make the correction, or just does not care.

I always make sure my car fits, even when I had a big truck. I don't like dings in my door.

I don't even use Folsom as my point of reference, since I haven't lived here that long. Is EDH that backwards in comparison to the rest of the state? That's really hard to believe.

#4 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:19 AM

I too hate dings and park strategically when possible but if you think EDH is tight (I don't), try Roseville where a non-compact car slot is for a Geo, Smart or other mini car. If you have a truck or the larger SUVs, dings will happen or will park in the boonies to utilize more than one space. Fry's and Target shopping center (Target, Chevy's, new Performance Bike) are perfect examples.

#5 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:44 PM

I do not understand why they would go from diagonal to perpendicular... As a driver is it so much easier to get into a diagonal space. If I was driving my truck I would have to back in as it cannot do a perpendicular space very well due to its length.

I am sure they do not gain that many spaces with the change.

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#6 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:47 AM

I do not understand why they would go from diagonal to perpendicular... As a driver is it so much easier to get into a diagonal space. If I was driving my truck I would have to back in as it cannot do a perpendicular space very well due to its length.

I am sure they do not gain that many spaces with the change.

what does everyone think of the new parking on Sutter Street?
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#7 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:29 PM

Just got back from walking down Town Center Blvd. I noticed something pretty interesting.

The majority of the drivers parked in the perpendicular spaces were actually between the lines. Of course, they had to pull in, then back out, then back in to readjust (I watched one driver doing it). But there were pretty evenly parked between the lines. Not many big vehicles in these spaces though.

On the other hand, those parking in the remaining diagonal spaces were over the back right line...forcing the next driver to do the same. One black BMW SUV had actually forced a handicapped driver/vehicle half way out of the handicapped space.

#8 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:49 PM

cars are too big.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#9 quilt-n-golf gal

quilt-n-golf gal

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:31 PM

Perhaps they are converting from diagonal to perpendicular because it may be easier for two way traffic to park either on the left or the right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users