31 replies to this topic

#1 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:28 PM

I have a neighbor who behaves very oddly. Gives me the willies. Follows my kids around.
Flashing a flashlight into my kitchen window at 11 pm. Find him standing on my porch staring at the wall-standing really still--when I come back from outings. Always seems to happen, when my car isn't around.

So, its an apartment. he doesn't own. How do you find out what his name is? The apartment managers won't tell me--"privacy act". WTFE.

Should I just plaster his face all over Folsom as a frickin peeping tom and see if that makes his behavior stop?

Starting to piss me off--but technically he hasn't done anything illegal--I don't think.

what do you think?

#2 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:47 PM

If this guy is peeping in your window I'd call the police.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#3 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:55 PM

Have you looked on the sex offender website? You can pinpoint by address and they usually have the photo on there. Found a neighbor down south like that. :-(

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#4 jtroiano

jtroiano

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (supermom @ Oct 24 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a neighbor who behaves very oddly. Gives me the willies. Follows my kids around.
Flashing a flashlight into my kitchen window at 11 pm. Find him standing on my porch staring at the wall-standing really still--when I come back from outings. Always seems to happen, when my car isn't around.

So, its an apartment. he doesn't own. How do you find out what his name is? The apartment managers won't tell me--"privacy act". WTFE.

Should I just plaster his face all over Folsom as a frickin peeping tom and see if that makes his behavior stop?

Starting to piss me off--but technically he hasn't done anything illegal--I don't think.

what do you think?

Call the police! Sooner rather than later. Pay attention to your own feelings, you are probably right. Talk to your kids about this guy and how they should never have anything to do with him. If you catch him in the act (on your porch, looking in windows) call 911 right away! Document everything and share it with your property management. They may be more likely to act if they think he may be a threat. Good luck.

#5 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (jtroiano @ Oct 24 2009, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Call the police! Sooner rather than later. Pay attention to your own feelings, you are probably right. Talk to your kids about this guy and how they should never have anything to do with him. If you catch him in the act (on your porch, looking in windows) call 911 right away! Document everything and share it with your property management. They may be more likely to act if they think he may be a threat. Good luck.

Yep, document it. Can you take a picture or video of him spying on you?
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#6 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:13 PM

OMG, remember those apartments on Creekside and the little girl was raped? You need to call the cops b/c at least they can warn him and let them know that his behavior is noticed and he is being watched. If I were you, I would move as soon as you could. If someone followed my children around, that would be reason to call the police immediately. Maybe you can get a small house when your lease is up. Also, get a locksmith in there to put a separate lock. Make sure you have window locks and put another lock on your front door...Also, make sure you leave the lights on and possibly have someone check on your apt. when your not there (preferrably a male) so the creep doesn't think that no one is in the house at certain times....Change your schedule around etc....Also, there is a service in Folsom for when your out of town the volunteers can come around and check your place. Maybe they can come by when your at work, just to let this guy know you mean business.
Americans, don't just come in one color or race.

#7 femmesavante

femmesavante

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Homeschooling, cooking, theatre....

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:58 PM

what do you think?

Okay, I am not sure which apts you live in, but we have a couple who almost exactly fits this description living in our apartment complex! They stare at the wall down by the pool and are often looking into random apartments. They moved in during the summer and would sit down at the pool watching all the kids. They never engaged the parents or any adult for that matter. Very odd behavior that made my husband and I nervous. I did check out the sex offender lists and can't find anyone who is reported to be living in our complex. Even so, we have been extra cautious especially when it comes to the kids (we don't let them out of our sight, when before, we might let them run to the mailbox ahead of us). Anyway, do you guys have security on-site? If you do, maybe keep their number handy, and don't hesitate to call them OR the police if you have a gut instinct that something isn't right.

#8 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 04:50 PM

It doesn't help you now, but I was able to find out the full names of a few neighbors last election... by typing in the address into a polling lookup site.

#9 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 07:33 PM

When I first read your post it made me think of this recent story in the Sac Bee.

http://www.sacbee.co...ry/2278115.html

Here's a paragraph from it.

"In testimony during the trial, the Ahlbergs and two other neighbors described an escalation of verbal abuse and confrontations they said stretched over two years and included O'Rourke peering into their windows, shining flashlights into their living rooms, running through their yards and vandalizing their property"

#10 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:17 PM

what do you think?

See if this helps in identifying the people.

http://www.reversead...sdirectory.com/

#11 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:30 AM

Stupid neighbor.

Messing with my dog-this weekend.

When I called the PD--the dispatcher sounded a bit incredulous that I was calling to report a neighbor messing with my dog. (I guess they are used to dogs messing with people?)

So he sat in his apartment and stomped around the rest of the night.
and last night.

Fricking need to get a hotel room if I want any sleep.

Stupid neighbor.

#12 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (supermom @ Nov 23 2009, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stupid neighbor.

When I called the PD--the dispatcher sounded a bit incredulous that I was calling to report a neighbor messing with my dog. (I guess they are used to dogs messing with people?)

and last night.

Stupid neighbor.

have you tried talking to him?
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#13 FolsomBarb

FolsomBarb

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE (supermom @ Oct 24 2009, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what do you think?

Did you ever report the behavior you posted about on Oct. 24? In my opinion, flashing a flashlight into your kitchen window at 11pm = prowler, and finding him on your porch staring at the wall when you come home = just plain creepy. Following your kids around is a big, fat, red flag too, in my opinion. I hope you reported this to the PD.... I would have been on the phone to them PRONTO as soon as he was shining that flashlight in my window.....but that's just me.

If this guy is as creepy as he sounds, I'm not sure "talking to him" would be a good idea. Normally, talking to your neighbor about something that's happening that bothers you is a good first step, except when the "creep factor" is involved. That should be handled by professionals.....
I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are someone else's fault.

#14 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (supermom @ Nov 23 2009, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stupid neighbor.

and last night.

Stupid neighbor.

Hi Supermom,

I'm a little unclear on this. After you called the PD, did they send someone out? Did the cops talk to your neighbor? Is that why he stayed in his apartment and stomped around all night? Is he living directly above you?

the above is all serious inquiry, but now for some comedic relief

Does he know who you are? Have you told him you are supermom on folsomforum and that no one messes with supermom and gets away with it?
That you have an ARMY of online supporters that will hunt him down and ... biggrin.gif
I would rather be Backpacking

#15 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:21 PM

Funny, thanks Billz..

I did tell PD that he is an issue and said a few things that have been going on--originally the dispatcher wasn't inclined to send a PD out to talk to the guy--until she asked if I had had previous issues-and I told her.

I knew that would prolly be her response when I called.

And yeah-its the guy right above my apartment.

But he goes into these wierd fits around 2 or 3 almost every morning. starts slamming kitchen cupboards around-stomping on the floors, opening his sliding glass door around 30-40 times-takes a break and opens it again another 30 or 40 times. On bad nights it sounds like he is literally throwing his furniture across the room.

But yeah, i yelled at the guy. he freaked me out, he wasn't petting the dog nicely.
he had grabbed the dogs snout in one hand and and was petting the top of the dogs head with the other hand. when I brought the dog in the house-the first thing he did was rub his face into the rug then start yelping in pain.sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users