• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 Parizienne

Parizienne

My Folsom Honeybee

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Interests:History, gardening, reading, antiquing, road trips, road food, the Blues, classic rock, travel.

Posted 26 September 2009 - 07:29 PM

Yes, they need a permit. That should send them on their way. When I was a Neighborhood Watch captain years ago, the police recommended we tell our fellow neighbors to ask, "Do you have a sales permit issued by this city?" If no, then politely decline, and call the police. They also showed us what the permits look like and said they should either have a laminated permit badge or a copy of the permit on their person.

Last Saturday morning -- fairly early, like 8 or 9 ish, the doorbell rang. My teenaged daughter answered it. A couple of young adults asked her if anyone here spoke Russian. She said "No, sorry," and then they asked if she knew anyone in the neighborhood who spoke Russian. Again she said, "No," and they went on their way. She did not say they, themselves, had an accent. It all seemed really weird to me. Our foyer was a mess (1 pre-teen, 3 teens... a cat and a dog... what more can I say?) so if they were casing the place, hopefully the mess conveyed the truth to them --- there's nothing here worth taking.

Pari.

QUOTE (camay2327 @ Sep 25 2009, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always as them if they have a permit to sell in Folsom and they never do so I send them on their way.

The kids that live in our area, I will and do purchase from. Not magazines though as we have to many now.

Pari

#17 Gina99

Gina99

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:54 AM

As long as you just buy the product and don't get roped into selling, you should be fine.

Fine as long as you don't mind paying $40 per year for a subscription worth $20. That's what one 'Sac State' student wanted for his trip at my doorstep.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users