18 replies to this topic

#16 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 03:56 PM

Wow, you are the first one in Folsom that I have heard had a problem with Kitec.  Sorry you had to go through all that anguish and expense....!  Were you able to get some funds from the Kitec settlement to offset  your costs....?   Regards, Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#17 Agent_007

Agent_007

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:48 PM

claim with Kitec is in progress. i will update as info comes available. i am sure it will take a while to receive settlement funds.

i've seen some crazy and illegal repairs made on my neighbor's homes with kitec in them. one repair, done by a licensed plumber, used pvc pipe and massive amounts of glue to resect Kitect pipes.

after our flood, we did the full repipe and are happy we did. i no longer wonder if my home will still be there when i come home from vacation.

kitec is a disaster. flood is the next worst thing that can happen to a home with fire being first.

#18 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 06:45 PM

If this is a widespread problem, then OK...but if it's a tiny percentage of homes (which it seems), then it's an aberration.

Tiny percentages of EVERYTHING happen every single day on this planet.

And "lawsuits" happen every single day too...and many of them are bogus and/or exaggerated.

Just wanted to present the *other side* of this "problem"...

Additionally, if anyone is paranoid about their house *flooding* while they are on vacation or at the grocery store, then simply shut off the water supply valve when you leave your home. Seems like overkill, but to each his own.

#19 giasmom

giasmom

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 02:15 PM

Hello~Regarding the HOA, we live in the Miramontes (Elliott). We have been here over 11 years and so far have never had issues with our home. The quality and workmanship stands out against our previous homes (3). We have never had issue with the HOA. We know neighbors who have, but that was due to a very unkept yard. They are not "yard" people so hired a gardner and its all been good since. Good luck with your home search, that is so exciting!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users