10 replies to this topic

#1 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:06 AM

http://www.kcra.com/...nz/-/index.html

Sophomore quarterback Jake Browning threw for 686 yards and 10 touchdowns in Folsom's season opener vs. Woodcreek on Friday, MaxPreps reports.

The game marked his varsity debut; final score 68-28.

MaxPreps says Browning's performace ties a national record.

Six players have thrown for 10 touchdowns in a single game, according to the National Federation of State High School Associations.

He also ties a California record set in 1999.

By halftime, Folsom led 41-28. Browning had thrown six by halftime.

The teen was previously in a quarterback battle for the starting position, said MaxPreps, citing a Folsom newspaper.

Before the season opener, Browning posted on Twitter: "So ready for this game."

Read more: http://www.kcra.com/...l#ixzz24fmPyYWf

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#2 benning

benning

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

AMAZING...well done!
"L'essential est invisible pour les yeux."

#3 2kids4me

2kids4me

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:20 PM

So awesome!

#4 dimeracer

dimeracer

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:04 AM

There's an article about this accomplishment, as well as about the Buldog football program in today's copy of USA Today. Just happened to catch it while sipping on my coffee at Starbucks. Cool!

#5 dimeracer

dimeracer

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:54 PM

Troll.... They didn't run up the score. The score was 41-28 at the half....not quite time to bring in the third string. There was still a game at that point. Folsom sealed it in the 3rd quarter scoring 20. Richardson then pulled the QB early in the 4th quarter, and Folsom scored 7 unanswered points in the 4th quarter.

#6 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:53 PM

Does running up the score mean, winning without competition? That is not un-classy. Just a message to the coaches that they have some work cut out for them this year.

The Bulldogs have practically become a corporation in Folsom. Don't know why his comments are always so negative toward Folsom HS kids. Most these kids were identified in MS and have trained hard to get onto positions on the FB team.

#7 dimeracer

dimeracer

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:44 AM

It is what it is.

#8 awood

awood

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

Nice job running up the score Richardson. Classy!

Ignorance speaks, I am sure you weren't at the game nor bothered to read any of the explanations throughout numerous articles.

#9 Doug Moore

Doug Moore

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:13 PM

Great job kid - go Bulldogs!

#10 39 degrees

39 degrees

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

Jake is a great athlete, but more importantly he is a great leader. His peers listen to him. A quality he either developed at an early age or was instilled with at birth. This will become more apparent when the Bulldogs pull off some amazing wins this year. I will not be surprised. Although I was blown away by the Bulldogs ten touchdown display. That was sick... another four this weekend...wow!

#11 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:14 AM

Yeah, it's horrible that FHS continues to receive the attention of national press and tv networks for its football program. Surely no one wants to waste time reading about or watching how a successful franchise works. <sarcasm off>

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users