- - - - -

Door Mats Stolen As A Prank

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:44 PM

Since nobody posted this, I guess I will....

Yesterday, there was a message taped on our neighborhood mail box that said that if anyone wanted their door mats back, they could find them at the Folsom High school, in the parking lot.

The high school students had pulled a prank of taking the door mats off the porches of the residents in Prairie Oaks, and placed them in the Folsom High School parking lot.

I feel it was theft and thought about calling the police, but figured somebody had already called. Or, I hope somebody called. If this occurs again, there will be a call from me to the police.

My neighbor said that the school told her there were about seventy door mats over at the High School, all laid out. So a person would have to take time out of their already busy day, to go look at seventy door mats and take back their own. Some may just have decided to take the best looking one, instead of their own. Who knows with people these days...

I will have to go out and buy another door mat, as my husband, nor I had time to go search for ours. It was a few years old anyway, but I still don't like the idea that I will have to go buy another one. They are not cheap.

If those who pulled this prank are reading this, I have a question. How would you like it if somebody stole your property and then dumped it somewhere along with about seventy other items? How would you feel about going to try and find it?

Teens....grow the hell up and get some respect for others!

#2 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:54 PM

Does anyone in the neighborhood have a security camera that may have caught them on video? It sounds like a senior prank sort-of thing. The little sh!t(s) need to be taught a lesson. We had things like this happen before and it pissed me off.

It is a rather brilliant idea, though.
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#3 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:02 PM

It is a rather brilliant idea, though.

It's mean, it's senseless, it's a huge inconvenience of time and money to the people of the neighborhood, the pranksters gain no real benefit, yet at the same time I had a great big grin on my face while reading about it.

#4 momof1

momof1

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:58 PM

It's mean, it's senseless, it's a huge inconvenience of time and money to the people of the neighborhood, the pranksters gain no real benefit, yet at the same time I had a great big grin on my face while reading about it.

Yeah, it sounds funny when you aren't one of the victims, I know I would be livid if it happened to me, and I would be triply livid if I found out my teenager had pulled that prank on a neighborhood.

#5 doj_gal

doj_gal

MyFolsom's Back at it Kid!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:37 PM

Life is too short to be angry over something like this. The teens should return them though.

#6 momtogirls

momtogirls

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:37 AM

Thank you for posting that it was a prank. My neighbor (in Briggs Ranch) was able to recover her mat today at the school. While I don't think it is the end of the world or something we should get all worked up about.
Some people are not doing well in this economy and to have $20 plus dollar item taken for just a joke. It is not funny.

Yes, they should return them but unless they kept an excel spreadsheet of what house the took it from, not sure it is going to be returned.

#7 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:55 PM

I see it as a total disregard for someone else's property. While it might not be enough to get worked up about, it is a sign of the times we live in and how wrong doing is played down and given a pass.

Yes, door mats CAN be expensive, depending on where they are purchased. I can think of a dozen things I need to buy, more than another door mat. With everything going up in costs, I'll probably be putting out about $30 for one. If, Wal-Mart still has any on the shelves!

And yes, we ALL are pinching pennies these days to try to keep from going under and losing our homes or paying bills late and losing our good credit rating. I DO like to treat myself to the beauty salon once in a while and $30 goes a long way to make that possible.

A friend of mine said she thought it was another example of our spoiled Folsom youth....driving nice cars, getting big allowances and never having to work to advance their own allowance, as I and many others had to do when we were teens. My Dad told me, "Want a car? Go get a job and buy one like I did!" My allowance was based on what I did around the house to help out. And if I whined about it, I got nothing. I didn't have time to play mean pranks on anyone, I was so busy doing more responsible things. I was cleaning houses, washing cars and caring for other peoples pets at age sixteen.

These hard times makes for a good opportunity for teens to get out and make some money, mowing lawns, cleaning houses and doing other things which are now too expensive for many people to afford. Charging less than the normal going rate, teens could really rake in the dough! But they won't do these things as long as Mummy and Daddy hand them money to do nothing.

I feel sorry for the parents of these pranksters, because these kids will always rely on them for support and probably will be a painful disappointment to them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users