• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Folsom_Neighbor

Folsom_Neighbor

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 03:50 PM

Just an FYI that the convenience store in the strip mall at South Lexington and Oak Ave Parkway has applied for a permit to sell hard liquor (they can only sell beer and wine now). The notice from the city (attached) just calls it a liquor store so it's not clear if they will convert the whole store or not. This will be discussed at the planning commission meeting on Wed, Dec 17 at 6:30pm. If you can’t attend the meeting, please call the project planner to voice your concerns. The city counts every call and it will be reported to the planning commission. The project planner is Lisbet Gullone, 916-355-7364, lgullone@folsom.ca.us.

Attached File  public_hearing.pdf   173.62K   5 downloads

#2 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE(Folsom_Neighbor @ Dec 12 2008, 03:50 PM) View Post
Just an FYI that the convenience store in the strip mall at South Lexington and Oak Ave Parkway has applied for a permit to sell hard liquor (they can only sell beer and wine now). The notice from the city (attached) just calls it a liquor store so it's not clear if they will convert the whole store or not. This will be discussed at the planning commission meeting on Wed, Dec 17 at 6:30pm. If you can’t attend the meeting, please call the project planner to voice your concerns. The city counts every call and it will be reported to the planning commission. The project planner is Lisbet Gullone, 916-355-7364, lgullone@folsom.ca.us.

Attached File  public_hearing.pdf   173.62K   5 downloads

Do you often post these notices or is it only in this case? Are you against this for some reason?
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#3 Folsom_Neighbor

Folsom_Neighbor

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 03:57 PM

First time I've ever posted. Yes I'm against this. I live in Lexington Hills and don't want a liquor store around the corner from my house.

#4 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:08 PM

When cities need money..........
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#5 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE(Folsom_Neighbor @ Dec 12 2008, 03:57 PM) View Post
First time I've ever posted. Yes I'm against this. I live in Lexington Hills and don't want a liquor store around the corner from my house.

They sell beer and wine now. Bel Air is 1 minute away. You have to be 21 to buy so what's the issue? Being so close to Lakeside it will probably get rejected anyways.

#6 MSgt

MSgt

Living Legend

• 3,405 posts
  • Interests:Camping
    Reading
    Fishing
    Read and discuss about spiritual matters

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:15 PM

What if you want some milk or a loaf of bread late at night? You could just walk around the corner and pick it up or send your kids around the corner to the store.

#7 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:16 PM

Be thankful it's only a liquor store. I have a liquor store, pub, bowling alley, AND a massage parlor within walking distance of my house. Horrors.

I'm curious though. If they already sold beer and wine, what's the difference if they add hard liquor?

#8 Folsom_Neighbor

Folsom_Neighbor

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE(MSgt @ Dec 12 2008, 04:15 PM) View Post
What if you want some milk or a loaf of bread late at night? You could just walk around the corner and pick it up or send your kids around the corner to the store.

I went in there once to buy some hot dog buns. They had one bag that was hard and moldy. It was about 3 months past the expiration date. I don't think they care much about the grocery side of the business. And if they get their permit, what's to stop them from converting the whole thing into just a liquor store. I'm sure for some folks it's a don't care, but it's not something I want to see in my neighborhood.

#9 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:45 PM

A lot of people drink liquor and if they do it responsibly I don't have a problem with it.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#10 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE(Folsom_Neighbor @ Dec 12 2008, 04:23 PM) View Post
I went in there once to buy some hot dog buns. They had one bag that was hard and moldy. It was about 3 months past the expiration date. I don't think they care much about the grocery side of the business. And if they get their permit, what's to stop them from converting the whole thing into just a liquor store. I'm sure for some folks it's a don't care, but it's not something I want to see in my neighborhood.

Give the guy a break will ya. He and his wife work like 15 hours a day 7 days a week including most holidays. Plan ahead better if you want day fresh hot dog buns. And of course he can't compete with Bel Air because he is not a grocery store.

The city already busted him once because he had illegal signs up advertising beer. Yeah and illegal sign. Nice work meanwhile cops are stealing oil and hooking up with hookers. Geesh.

#11 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:04 PM

Oh gawd... how do some people make it through the day worrying about crap like this.
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#12 jafount

jafount

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE(Darthvader @ Dec 12 2008, 05:04 PM) View Post
Give the guy a break will ya. He and his wife work like 15 hours a day 7 days a week including most holidays. Plan ahead better if you want day fresh hot dog buns. And of course he can't compete with Bel Air because he is not a grocery store.

The city already busted him once because he had illegal signs up advertising beer. Yeah and illegal sign. Nice work meanwhile cops are stealing oil and hooking up with hookers. Geesh.

seriously with the oil thing??

Apples≠firetrucks

We all dream of a world of sunshine and rainbows and peace. The problem is some people think this would be a great place to live, while others think it would be a great place to pillage.

#13 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:09 PM

why do you have to bring firetrucks into it?????

#14 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE(Darthvader @ Dec 12 2008, 05:04 PM) View Post
Nice work meanwhile cops are hooking up with hookers. Geesh.

Behind OSH, no doubt.... laugh.gif
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#15 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE(jafount @ Dec 12 2008, 07:35 PM) View Post
seriously with the oil thing??

Apples≠firetrucks

Seems pretty serious since that officer was TERMINATED from the FPD. Way to blow a 20+ yr career.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users