#16 jafount

jafount

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE(Darthvader @ Dec 13 2008, 01:11 PM) View Post
Seems pretty serious since that officer was TERMINATED from the FPD. Way to blow a 20+ yr career.

Seems you have no idea the politics involved in that job.

Then again you were one of the ones calling for his head on a plate, so you got what you wanted.

We all dream of a world of sunshine and rainbows and peace. The problem is some people think this would be a great place to live, while others think it would be a great place to pillage.

#17 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE(jafount @ Dec 13 2008, 02:37 PM) View Post
Seems you have no idea the politics involved in that job.

Then again you were one of the ones calling for his head on a plate, so you got what you wanted.

I guess if he would have kept within the law (ya know, that thing he was supposed to uphold) he wouldn't have been in that mess right?

As for punishment that was from the law enforcement agency? Or did the City Council decide to boot him? I never called for his head on a plate and I have no idea how the punishment is decided. If it's politics then he and all others who may be in a position of authority and abuse it should not be surprised by the results they get or deserve.
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#18 hopeanelli

hopeanelli

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Interests:Drag Racing, Motocross, boating and my boys....

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE(Darthvader @ Dec 12 2008, 05:04 PM) View Post
Give the guy a break will ya. He and his wife work like 15 hours a day 7 days a week including most holidays. Plan ahead better if you want day fresh hot dog buns. And of course he can't compete with Bel Air because he is not a grocery store.

The city already busted him once because he had illegal signs up advertising beer. Yeah and illegal sign. Nice work meanwhile cops are stealing oil and hooking up with hookers. Geesh.

I agree with you Darth, Albert and his wife are hard working people and they are there every day always pleasant. He is a kick actually once you get to know him. It's not intending to be a full on liquor store, people come in constantly asking for hard alcohol so he wants to service the community... Yes people in Lexington Hills like their booze.. I live in Lexington Hills and love having that store there its great when I need something quickly and I know when I go in there it will be a little more expensive but that is why it's a convienence store.

I don't know all the particulars but doesn't the city or county generate some money from it... it's a good thing. Relax it will be ok just a couple trying to make a go of it in these hard times.

#19 jafount

jafount

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE(Darthvader @ Dec 13 2008, 02:57 PM) View Post
I guess if he would have kept within the law (ya know, that thing he was supposed to uphold) he wouldn't have been in that mess right?

As for punishment that was from the law enforcement agency? Or did the City Council decide to boot him? I never called for his head on a plate and I have no idea how the punishment is decided. If it's politics then he and all others who may be in a position of authority and abuse it should not be surprised by the results they get or deserve.

I know...transporting used cooking oil is heinous.
We all dream of a world of sunshine and rainbows and peace. The problem is some people think this would be a great place to live, while others think it would be a great place to pillage.

#20 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE(jafount @ Dec 13 2008, 03:19 PM) View Post
I know...transporting used cooking oil is heinous.

Don't do the crime if ya can't do the time.....

-Baretta
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#21 jafount

jafount

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE(Darthvader @ Dec 13 2008, 03:27 PM) View Post
Don't do the crime if ya can't do the time.....

-Baretta

Once again...should the "time" for transporting used cooking grease be losing your 22 year career?

In this case punishment≠crime.

#22 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 05:05 PM

with the economy the way it is the more sources for booze the easier it will be to endure.

didn't hear the cop hooker story what was that about. the grease one I heard, and my only thought was the act was so stupid that a cop that did that might always get outsmarted by the bad guys

#23 SunshineServices

SunshineServices

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE(jafount @ Dec 13 2008, 03:33 PM) View Post
Once again...should the "time" for transporting used cooking grease be losing your 22 year career?

In this case punishment≠crime.

If you are stupid enough to arrest people for 22 years for breaking the law and then break it yourself, yes I think the punishment fits the crime. I have several friends in different agencies, and I know cops are only human and blah blah blah, but you signed on to uphold the law, not break it. Maybe he needs a change of career. Cops break the law cause they think they will get away with it. In the last two days I have seen several unmarked cop cars cruising in the carpool lane, yes single, cops all over on their cellphones, and cops traveling at speeds that they would arrest me for doing.
When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace.

Jimi Hendrix

#24 legofamily

legofamily

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:Reading
    Hiking
    Photography
    Sports
    Science

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:38 PM

I live in Lexington Hills, and I am only a little concerned. I don't have a problem with the store being there, but I do worry about who the hard liquor will attract. However, it is already selling beer and wine and it didn't seem to do any harm to the neighborhood. There are so many places nearby that sell booze anyway. Based on some of the litter in the parks, hard liquor is already being purchased somewhere and left to rot in the bushes. The couple who own store are probably just trying to keep afloat in this difficult economy.

#25 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE(Darthvader @ Dec 13 2008, 02:57 PM) View Post

Off topic\thread hijacking.

#26 jafount

jafount

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE(SunshineServices @ Dec 13 2008, 06:23 PM) View Post
If you are stupid enough to arrest people for 22 years for breaking the law and then break it yourself, yes I think the punishment fits the crime. I have several friends in different agencies, and I know cops are only human and blah blah blah, but you signed on to uphold the law, not break it. Maybe he needs a change of career. Cops break the law cause they think they will get away with it. In the last two days I have seen several unmarked cop cars cruising in the carpool lane, yes single, cops all over on their cellphones, and cops traveling at speeds that they would arrest me for doing.

transporting used grease? Seriously. How many people knew that was illegal?

#27 SunshineServices

SunshineServices

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE(jafount @ Dec 13 2008, 08:06 PM) View Post
transporting used grease? Seriously. How many people knew that was illegal?

I think the great majority of humankind knows that when you go and take something that is not yours, it's probably a bad idea.
When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace.

Jimi Hendrix

#28 futile

futile

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE(Folsom_Neighbor @ Dec 12 2008, 04:23 PM) View Post
I went in there once to buy some hot dog buns. They had one bag that was hard and moldy. It was about 3 months past the expiration date. I don't think they care much about the grocery side of the business. And if they get their permit, what's to stop them from converting the whole thing into just a liquor store. I'm sure for some folks it's a don't care, but it's not something I want to see in my neighborhood.

Best they buy liquer and go somewhere else to drink it than live next to a bar. Could be worse.
-The 'Toph

#29 jafount

jafount

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE(SunshineServices @ Dec 13 2008, 10:28 PM) View Post
I think the great majority of humankind knows that when you go and take something that is not yours, it's probably a bad idea.

he didnt he had permission from restaurant management. He even brought the car over to show them how everything worked and they were fascinated.

The guy took all the appropriate steps in advance and even went over there during the day. This was a political homicide, not career suicide.

DA dropped the "misappropriation" charge because of this fact.

Sacramento Rendering company changed their procedure AFTER this situation so they now pay the restaurant to take used grease. When this happened, the restaurant paid them to haul it away.

So...bearing these facts in mind, I ask again...should the "time" for transporting used grease be losing your career? If you say yes, you lack humanity.

#30 northlexer

northlexer

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:59 PM

I do not see the problem in allowing them to sell hard liquor. Its one more way for them to make some cash, and as someone already mentioned they work so hard. Plus its a convienence for us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users