42 replies to this topic

#1 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:14 AM

Not sure if anyone noticed but there is a huge PG&E effort going on here in Folsom right now. I noticed about 50 trucks at the dirt lot in front of Lakeside last night.Then several trucks in the neighborhood where I live (S. Lexington). I saw a PG&E guy walking around and I asked him what happened.

He said there was an "Over-pressurization event" and that they had to look for gas leaks at about 25,000 houses in the area. FB Chat said there was a big leak by Bittercreek. The guy sniffed my meter and it was good. However a lot of people said PG&E gave the response of "doing maintenance on the gas lines" for all the activity. 

I guess they didn't want to alarm anyone but at the same time they are not being very forthcoming. I guess after the San Bruno event they don't want to scare anyone.

#2 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:16 AM

Also a major digging effort on Riley next to McAdoo.

#3 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:23 AM

Here is a word from the city I got in an email this morning

https://local.nixle..../?sub_id=655047

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#4 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:39 AM

Here is a word from the city I got in an email this morning

https://local.nixle..../?sub_id=655047

Yep saw that. Doesn't tell you why they are doing repairs though or if there is any immediate danger. I am fairly certain there is not but whenever people talk "gas leak" Hollywood type explosions immediately come to mind. 

#5 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:34 AM

Yep saw that. Doesn't tell you why they are doing repairs though or if there is any immediate danger. I am fairly certain there is not but whenever people talk "gas leak" Hollywood type explosions immediately come to mind. 

Or San Bruno ones

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#6 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 01:51 PM

I noticed more and more trucks at Riley & Blue Ravine kitty-corner from the new PIG station yesterday.  Then last night there was an automated call saying PG&E crews were working in the area and we should call if we smell gas.  Not exactly reassuring.

I hope they found the cause of the overpressurization event.

#7 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 01:54 PM

I noticed more and more trucks at Riley & Blue Ravine kitty-corner from the new PIG station yesterday.

That is a trouble spot for some reason. In the last 2 years, there have been at least 2 occasions where that spot had MAJOR activity that lasted for DAYS!

#8 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 01:56 PM

I think they just don't want another San Bruno event. That was a "come to Jesus" moment for them - they don't want to risk it happening again, so it's all hands on deck. I'm not particularly alarmed - they are actively working the issue.

#9 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 01:56 PM

Maybe tangent to all this but my PG&E bill DOUBLED from what it typically is. Some have said theirs is even 3x normal for Winter. Wondering if there was some huge rate increase or maybe something wacky with the meters from this (or some other unbroadcasted/unexplained event) that caused the huge increase. 

#10 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:31 PM

They apparently detected a leak across the street from me and they spent last night (into the weeeee early hours this morning) repairing it. It was quite loud with the jack-hammering and all, but I'm glad they found and repaired the leak.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#11 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 07:44 PM

Maybe tangent to all this but my PG&E bill DOUBLED from what it typically is. Some have said theirs is even 3x normal for Winter. Wondering if there was some huge rate increase or maybe something wacky with the meters from this (or some other unbroadcasted/unexplained event) that caused the huge increase. 

mine was the highest its every  been.  went from $69 last month to $128 or so this month, and I swear it was colder last month..

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#12 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:04 PM

Thank heavens we don't have pg&e for electric! Their costs are astronomical....

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#13 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 01:41 PM

Is there any news on this?  I am out of town (rest of family is home) and was quite alarmed when I heard what was going on.  

#14 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 02:03 PM

Is there any news on this?  I am out of town (rest of family is home) and was quite alarmed when I heard what was going on.  

As of this morning they had located 29 leaks and were hoping to have everything fixed today.

It didn't look like there was any more work being done at Riley & Blue Ravine when I went by around noon.

I did see the "sniffer" car on Wales yesterday afternoon.

It seems like they are doing everything possible to make sure things are safe again and are taking things seriously.

Thank heavens we don't have pg&e for electric! Their costs are astronomical....

A little history on that.  Folsom elected to go join SMUD in 1984.  We elected 68 to 32 percent to join SMUD.  As someone who lived here and voted then, you're welcome :)

#15 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 04:35 PM

As of this morning they had located 29 leaks and were hoping to have everything fixed today.

Do you have a news report link for that? I saw that posted on facebook chat, but at that time, did not see a source. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users