Photo

What Is Being Build Off Of Greenback & Hazel?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 johnc79

johnc79

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 09:19 AM

Any idea what is being build of off Greenback & Hazel Ave? I tried to look it up on the internet but I couldn't find anything and I'm curious

#2 Warren G

Warren G

Fancy Title goes here

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 01:02 PM

Wal-Mart.
"Is that your bike? It sure looks fast."

#3 DalOwnerX3

DalOwnerX3

Fuzzy Folsomite

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 03:19 PM

Ding Ding Ding. You're a winner. I found this doing a Google search

http://www.loopnet.c...1lww2t006a00001
Property Description:
New shopping center near the intersection of Greenback Lane and Hazel. This is a very busy location and will only get busier with construction of WalMart directly across the street.

Location Description:
Near the intersection of Greenback and Hazel

#4 granto

granto

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE(johnc79 @ Feb 9 2008, 09:19 AM) View Post
Any idea what is being build of off Greenback & Hazel Ave? I tried to look it up on the internet but I couldn't find anything and I'm curious

It is a modified Wal-Mart super-center. It will have groceries but no garden or auto.

#5 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:58 PM

should be a HUGE improvement over what used to be there. It was a (really) run-down strip center that's been in need of replacement for 20 years.

#6 Warren G

Warren G

Fancy Title goes here

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 09:07 PM

I can not figure out how the traffic will get in and out of there without huge problems with the flows along GreenBack and Hazel.

Today, Bare-root fruit trees...
Capitol Nursery: $29.95
Lowe's: $14.95
Wal-Mart: $12.95
"Is that your bike? It sure looks fast."

#7 granto

granto

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE(Warren G @ Feb 9 2008, 09:07 PM) View Post
I can not figure out how the traffic will get in and out of there without huge problems with the flows along GreenBack and Hazel.

Today, Bare-root fruit trees...
Capitol Nursery: $29.95
Lowe's: $14.95
Wal-Mart: $12.95

without the garden center, you won't have to worry about getting those trees out of the parking lot. Give it a few months, and a number of accidents and there will be a Wal-Mart signal light on Greenback.

#8 Oldschooler81

Oldschooler81

Lived in Orangevale from 1991-1996.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Interests:Music and movies (especially anything '80s), computers, thrift shopping, talking and hanging out with people, writing, geography, mini golf, etc. Anything from the past interests me too, of course!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:24 AM

I know this is an old post, but I'm surprised it took them that long to demolish what was there before! That little lot seems small for a Walmart, esp since it's right next to Cable Park center (which looks basically the same as I remember circa '95), but even back then, the old strip mall was already run down looking.

#9 legofamily

legofamily

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:Reading
    Hiking
    Photography
    Sports
    Science

Posted 13 November 2009 - 10:41 AM

I know there used to be a furniture store at that location before they tore it down. I am curious if any one knows what was in that building before it was a furniture store. I always wondered what was in that old building.

#10 Squidward

Squidward

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (legofamily @ Nov 13 2009, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know there used to be a furniture store at that location before they tore it down. I am curious if any one knows what was in that building before it was a furniture store. I always wondered what was in that old building.

It was Capri Market owned by the Woo family.

#11 legofamily

legofamily

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:Reading
    Hiking
    Photography
    Sports
    Science

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (Squidward @ Nov 13 2009, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was Capri Market owned by the Woo family.

Thanks for the info. I had a feeling it was probably a market at some point. I always wondered if it was one of the chains or an independent grocery store. Even though the building was run down, I found the architecture interesting for some reason.

#12 Seth

Seth

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:02 AM

Hello all, I have been trying to figure out what year Capri Market closed their doors... just an attempt to satisfy an old memory from when I was a kid.   Thanks!

#13 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:34 AM

should be a HUGE improvement over what used to be there. It was a (really) run-down strip center that's been in need of replacement for 20 years.

John, nice to see you are still here.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#14 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 11:58 AM

john, on 09 Feb 2008 - 6:58 PM, said:snapback.png

-------------------------------------------------

Hi Camay,

Not sure if you noticed that John's quote to which you are responding was posted in early 2008 -- over 8 years ago! :)

#15 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:24 PM

john, on 09 Feb 2008 - 6:58 PM, said:snapback.png

-------------------------------------------------

Hi Camay,

Not sure if you noticed that John's quote to which you are responding was posted in early 2008 -- over 8 years ago! :)

WOW, no I didn't notice that this link was that old.  Sorry.   I do think that John is still in the area, but not sure.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users