186 replies to this topic

#1 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:24 PM

The latest accusations from Mr. Trump about the Obama administration tapping his phone prior to the election raise some troubling questions.

First, there seems to be no evidence to support it at this point.

Second, he is basically throwing one of his own departments (FBI) under the bus as they would actually do the wiretapping and would know that a court order is required.  Apparently there was no court order.  It would be illegal to wiretap without a court order, so he’s accusing the FBI of illegal activities. 

Third, he won the election so why is it a problem?  Why is he wasting time on this when so many are worried about their healthcare, an actual important issue?

Incidents like this confirm my belief the current administration is an amateur show, willing to damage their own house to defend their paranoia while having no regard for the citizens who elected them.

Americans should neither accept nor defend this.  We should demand professional behavior. 

P.S. – Chris please don’t respond with a long list of transgressions from previous administrations from Obama all the way back to the ancient Greeks.  Defending these shenanigans by reviewing previous shenanigans is no defense.

#2 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

Just visiting this planet.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts
  • Interests:Truth Prevails

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:36 PM

First, there seems to be no evidence to support it at this point.  (Wiretapping of Trump Tower)

This is deceptive tactic he's used before. The breadcrumb trail exposing his links to Putin are causing so much concern he has to make a diversionary move, and the trick is to change the subject. It doesn't matter to him if there's no "there" there.

Second, he is basically throwing one of his own departments (FBI) under the bus as they would actually do the wiretapping and would know that a court order is required.  Apparently there was no court order.  It would be illegal to wiretap without a court order, so he’s accusing the FBI of illegal activities. 

A tell-tale sign of mental imbalance, paranoia, and narcissism. The intelligence services are magnificently professional and competent. When they find something that the Mango Mussolini disagrees with, then his ego is threatened, and his self image is more important than the truth.

Third, he won the election so why is it a problem?  Why is he wasting time on this when so many are worried about their healthcare, an actual important issue?

Same mental health issues as above.

Fortunately (though no one will admit it yet) there are discussions behind closed doors
of invoking the 25th Amendment, the Constitutional Amendment that applies to replacing
the president for mental or physical incompetency.

Meanwhile, it's providing quite the spectacle for impartial observers.
They are taking bets on when and how the Trump fiasco will end.

1 God: 1 World: 1 People     :peaceman: 

#3 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:52 PM

The Democrats *last-ditch effort*, as illustrated below. Pathetic and immature:

69623667.jpg

#4 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:31 PM

I am going to reserve judgement on this until more facts come out.  If there was indeed a FISA court warrant for monitoring a Trump Towers server, that will be quite a story. The left will say, "Aha! There was something there to obtain a warrant!" And the right will say, "Aha! We knew Obama was colluding with Hillary before the election!"

IF his emails, etc were indeed being monitored (under the flimsiest of FISA reasoning), it would be a clear partisan attack by the former administration. Remember, that administration had plenty of abuse of power going after political opponents. Remember the IRS? Remember the Dept of Int? Remember the press investigations?

We are pretty sure there was a failed FISA wiretap warrant in June, and an okayed FISA electronic surveillance warrant  in October.

I would like to see documentation of this. I would also like to see the warrant sworn out and the evidence presented for said warrant. I would like to know what relevant information was gathered, and why there has been no further action.

lastly, my political spidey sense is telling me that there is SOMETHING there. Could it be that Sen Coons on the Foreign Relations Committee is the canary in the coalmine? He starts off last week by stating,

"I think it’s important that the outcome of that counter-intelligence investigation be fully shared with the intelligence committees, both in the House and the Senate. There are transcripts that provide very helpful, very critical insights into whether or not Russian intelligence and senior Russian political leaders, including Vladimir Putin, were cooperating, were colluding with the Trump campaign at the highest levels to influence the outcome of our election... I believe such transcripts exist."

I find myself wondering where they got transcripts from the Trump campaign conversations (if any) with various Russian actors. Certainly the Trump campaign did not release them.  That would mean they came from either surveillance by the FBI, or NSA monitoring.

Trump then drops the bombshell that he was "wiretapped." An inaccurate term for the ok'ed electronic surveillance, but generally right.

Suddenly, Sen Coons is saying,

"What I was trying to make clear, Chris, and I appreciate a chance to restate this, is that I don't have -- and I don't know of -- any conclusive proof, one way or the other." 

Why the walkback? Could it be that Trump WAS under surveillance, nothing incriminating was found and now it would be more damaging to Dems than Trump if that information came out?  Makes one wonder....

On the other hand, it could just be Trump sending the media into a frenzy the day before he relaunches Immigration control 2.0.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#5 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:40 PM

Well said, Joe.

One other possibility is that in the NSA's general tapping of foreign spies, someone from Trump Tower called a Russian intelligence officer, not knowing the call would be recorded.

No previous warrant required.

#6 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:05 PM

On the other hand, it could just be Trump sending the media into a frenzy the day before he relaunches Immigration control 2.0.

I'm starting to think the plan is for Trump to create the distraction with some kind of BS like the wire tape craziness, while others are behind the scenes changing everything that's been done over the past 25 years and they don't want to get caught in the act.  

#7 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:17 PM

Wiretapping was going on and leaking it is a felony. That's how the Wash Post had the Flynn stuff. No doubt Obama directed it. The Russian thing is a lie and the Sessions thing was overblown. To ignore that is blather and partisan propaganda. Essentially, the Left is going crazy. I enjoy watching it.

#8 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:23 PM

................................We should demand professional behavior. 

P.S. – Chris please don’t respond with a long list of transgressions from previous administrations from Obama all the way back to the ancient Greeks.  Defending these shenanigans by reviewing previous shenanigans is no defense.

I agree absolutely, we should demand professional behavior.....!   Can you call some of your journalist friends in the MSM and let them know....?   I've been waiting a long time.....!  

And you telling me how I can respond once again....?   More rules from the left....?   Rules that only apply to conservatives...?   In pointing out past behaviors I am not attempting to defend anything or anyone.  Why I do this is to point out the absolute hypocrisy of the left in the fact that you never complained or even mentioned similar behaviors when Obama did it, Bill or Hillary did it........  Not a peep, the press was silent, and so were those on the left....   Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#9 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:25 AM

In pointing out past behaviors I am not attempting to defend anything or anyone.  Why I do this is to point out the absolute hypocrisy of the left in the fact that you never complained or even mentioned similar behaviors when Obama did it, Bill or Hillary did it........  

Chris,  pointing out past transgressions as examples of hypocrisy usually isn’t very useful.  As I’ve noted before, everyone is a hypocrite, and probably 3 times a day.  I know I am, and suspect you are too.  Pointing out my hypocrisy is like telling me I have 10 fingers and 10 toes.  I already know it.  And the ultimate hypocritical act is a hypocrite pointing out the hypocrisy of another.

#10 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:02 PM

Chris,  pointing out past transgressions as examples of hypocrisy usually isn’t very useful.  As I’ve noted before, everyone is a hypocrite, and probably 3 times a day.  I know I am, and suspect you are too.  Pointing out my hypocrisy is like telling me I have 10 fingers and 10 toes.  I already know it.  And the ultimate hypocritical act is a hypocrite pointing out the hypocrisy of another.

Oh yes it is....!   Very helpful.  Pointing out past behaviors and events and contrasting the reactions to them from certain parties tells you a whole lot.....!   The reason you don't want me to do it and don't like me doing it is that the amount of hypocrisy on the left and their MSM water carriers is just staggering....!   

1A - 2A = -1A

#11 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:31 AM

No doubt Obama directed it.

And you know this because . . . . . ?

Maybe you have your own network of intelligence officials?

#12 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:49 PM

Oh yes it is....!   Very helpful.  Pointing out past behaviors and events and contrasting the reactions to them from certain parties tells you a whole lot.....!   The reason you don't want me to do it and don't like me doing it is that the amount of hypocrisy on the left and their MSM water carriers is just staggering....!   

Since everyone is a hypocrite, the ultimate hypocritical act is a hypocrite pointing out the hypocrisy of another. And when you do, you become what you hate.  A position I would never put myself into.    

#13 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:02 PM

Since everyone is a hypocrite, the ultimate hypocritical act is a hypocrite pointing out the hypocrisy of another. And when you do, you become what you hate.  A position I would never put myself into.    

I do not buy into your "hypocrite" theory.....   If you want to think of yourself as a hypocrite go right ahead.....  And I would tend to agree with you on that one...... 

1A - 2A = -1A

#14 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:18 PM

Trump-Care D.O.A.

https://www.nytimes....ealth.html?_r=0

Health Groups Denounce G.O.P. Bill as Its Backers Scramble

The groups, including the American Hospital Association, the Association of American Medical Colleges, the Catholic Health Association of the United States and the Children’s Hospital Association, said they could not support the bill “as currently written.”

Republican leadership and President Trump appear to be facing an uphill climb.

For some reason the term "Monkey Island" seems to describe the new administration,

with the Orange Orangutan at the helm.

#15 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 11:40 AM

I do not buy into your "hypocrite" theory.....   If you want to think of yourself as a hypocrite go right ahead.....  And I would tend to agree with you on that one...... 

Funny.   so you're Mr. Perfect.  Congratulations.  I bet you've never told a lie either.  right?  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users