351 replies to this topic

#1 watstein

watstein

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:03 PM

The telegraph had in article about the mall today. I am attaching the link so you can read. http://folsomtelegra...ories/03pal.txt in short the telegraph says that Elliott's representatives said that the Achor stores will not be department stores but more like specialty stores. The rep gave Crate and Barrel or Barnes & Noble as examples. They also said that the anchors will be 3 not the rumored 2. Also they said that the mall will start contruction this comming summer and that the tenents should be signed soon. The plans are to probably clump the stores together like womens and mens and sporting goods so it's easier.

My problem with this mall besides the traffic is lets use the example of Crate and Barrel / Barnes & Noble is the 3rd anchor going to be the movie theatre or is that off the table or what. I was wondering what people think of the new mall.

#2 kprincesskate

kprincesskate

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE(watstein @ Oct 4 2006, 09:03 PM) View Post

The telegraph had in article about the mall today. I am attaching the link so you can read. http://folsomtelegra...ories/03pal.txt in short the telegraph says that Elliott's representatives said that the Achor stores will not be department stores but more like specialty stores. The rep gave Crate and Barrel or Barnes & Noble as examples. They also said that the anchors will be 3 not the rumored 2. Also they said that the mall will start contruction this comming summer and that the tenents should be signed soon. The plans are to probably clump the stores together like womens and mens and sporting goods so it's easier.
My problem with this mall besides the traffic is lets use the example of Crate and Barrel / Barnes & Noble is the 3rd anchor going to be the movie theatre or is that off the table or what. I was wondering what people think of the new mall.

At this point, I will believe it when I see it! I have lived in Folsom for 13 years and have heard of rumors of a mall being built since we first moved here!
The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it.

#3 Redone

Redone

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 04:29 AM

QUOTE(kprincesskate @ Oct 5 2006, 02:42 AM) View Post

At this point, I will believe it when I see it! I have lived in Folsom for 13 years and have heard of rumors of a mall being built since we first moved here!

Believe then since you can see it on E. Bidwell when you drive by. I know there's no structure yet but they are working on it. This month I saw 4 trucks installing phone , cable, etc.

#4 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:11 AM

I understand that a movie theatre is completely off the table due to proximity to Century Folsom and EDH.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#5 FolsomBarb

FolsomBarb

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:27 AM

I'm confused......

Reading the article, it mentions that Palladio will be just south of Highway 50 on E. Bidwell.

I thought that Palladio was going into the large piece of land between Iron Point and Broadstone Parkway, which is NORTH of Highway 50. That's where all the work is currently taking place, at least that I've seen.

huh.gif
I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are someone else's fault.

#6 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE(FolsomBarb @ Oct 5 2006, 09:27 AM) View Post

I'm confused......

Reading the article, it mentions that Palladio will be just south of Highway 50 on E. Bidwell.

I thought that Palladio was going into the large piece of land between Iron Point and Broadstone Parkway, which is NORTH of Highway 50. That's where all the work is currently taking place, at least that I've seen.

huh.gif

Most likely a typo. The new mall location is north of Hwy 50 of course.

#7 DalOwnerX3

DalOwnerX3

Fuzzy Folsomite

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 05:07 PM

Does this mean there will be Borders and Barnes and Noble right across the street from each other?

#8 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE(DalOwnerX3 @ Oct 5 2006, 06:07 PM) View Post

Does this mean there will be Borders and Barnes and Noble right across the street from each other?

Sure why not. We've pretty much got a Starbucks on every corner these days.... laughcry.gif

#9 watstein

watstein

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE(DalOwnerX3 @ Oct 5 2006, 06:07 PM) View Post

And there already is the Sams Cross from Costco and Circuit will be the same thing to Best when finished. So no big deal.

#10 MSgt

MSgt

Living Legend

• 3,405 posts
  • Interests:Camping
    Reading
    Fishing
    Read and discuss about spiritual matters

Posted 06 October 2006 - 09:51 AM

I like the century theaters where they are because they are so close to Natoma Station but if they were smart they would move to the new mall and give Regal a run for their money.

#11 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 11:10 AM

I think that if we are big enough for two high schools, we are big enough for two theaters.

I would like to see an AMC theater come in and give Century some competition.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#12 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE(camay2327 @ Oct 6 2006, 12:10 PM) View Post

I think that if we are big enough for two high schools, we are big enough for two theaters.

I would like to see an AMC theater come in and give Century some competition.

The MPAA disagrees. We have a choice over the number of schools, they completely own the distribution rights. Competition brings down prices, and profits, and is kept at an absolute minimum.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#13 555

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:44 AM

Just seems like a saturation issue with a huge Regal complex only one exit down from where Palladio is.

I mean, the Roseville Galleria doesn't even have theatres. Those folks have to head to Eureka.

#14 johncam

johncam

Netizen

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE(watstein @ Oct 4 2006, 09:03 PM) View Post

I'm pretty excited about the new mall, even though it's a ways off. At least I won't have to go all the way to Roseville or Sunrise for some of the stores. We'll see. I live in Empire Ranch and so my only worry is the added traffic.

#15 ericm2031

ericm2031

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:19 PM

I would like to let you know that I have seen a partial tenant list for the anchors. I cannot release names yet, but it is nothing that great. All I can say is that it won't be anything new to Sacramento area yet. The Fountains in Roseville will be getting the brunt of "lifestyle" retailers that are catered toward a certain niche. I have seen full tenant lists for that and most of them are new to the Sacramento area. Most of their closest locations are in the bay area, especially Santana Row.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users