374 replies to this topic

#361 NSFather

NSFather

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 05:12 AM

As a father who lives just blocks from Big Foot Park, I followed this whole thing fairly closely. It was through the news that I learned of these forums which lead me to join. I believe the police knew fairly early what happened in that park that night, but being cautious, they continued to investigate other possibilities.

One of the points of contention was some neighbors felt they had some information to share, but the police never contacted them. It was obvious to some the FPD was just doing a bad job. I never bought that argument. As my wife and I talked about this case, be both believed that they were in a no win situation. The public and presumably the family were demanding more information regarding the investigation that ultimately would prove uncomfortable to the family.

If I had to fault the FPD for something, it would be poor communication. Not with us, but the family. The police chief seemed to believe they were doing a good job, the family did not. I'm guessing that if I were in that situation, I likely would not be satisfied unless I had an officer next to me all the time telling me exactly what was going on.

I must say that I'm a law and order type of guy. I have great respect for the police; I have never had a bad incident with them. Just the opposite. Some years ago I was away on a business trip. My wife came home from work and as she tried to open the front door it felt as if someone was on the other side pushing back. She ran back to her car, got out of there and called the police. Several cars responded, including a K9 unit. They let officer woof check the house first, then they went in and checked. I sure the hardest part of the call was them trying not to laugh as they told my wife we needed to be careful about the throw rug in front of the door as it curled up on one side and got stuck under the door preventing it from opening up easily. OK - here's that part that impresses me so much. My wife was terrified. One of the officers parked his car just around the corner where he could see the house and my wife could see him and he stayed there for much of the night. Because of that my wife felt reassured and was able to get some sleep that night.

Once the news broke and the police could talk about that case, one officer posted quite a long explanation of what they did and went through. What stuck with me is how affected all the officers were by the case; they too are Folsom residents.

I'm saddened because I've seen so many posts blasting the FPD and their handling of this case. All I know is that will three pushes of some buttons they will be here to protect me and my family.

I wish the Anderson family peace.
I may be old, but I make up for it by being immature - me

I'm not prejudiced, I hate everyone - Paul Y'Barra

#362 jafount

jafount

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 06:05 AM

QUOTE(c_vanderveen @ Apr 3 2007, 11:10 AM) View Post
Because too many people here want this to be a sinister conspiracy when it isn't.

PS, your graph is awesome!
We all dream of a world of sunshine and rainbows and peace. The problem is some people think this would be a great place to live, while others think it would be a great place to pillage.

#363 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 06:34 AM

This thread has 25 pages....when is enough enough, folks ?????
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#364 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Aug 23 2007, 07:34 AM) View Post
This thread has 25 pages....when is enough enough, folks ?????

Depends on your preferred page view and layout. Mine's only ten pages long. But, yes. I see your point.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#365 MSgt

MSgt

Living Legend

• 3,405 posts
  • Interests:Camping
    Reading
    Fishing
    Read and discuss about spiritual matters

Posted 23 August 2007 - 06:57 AM

This is just wrong. It is a witch hunt - we are all vunerable when members of this forum take it upon themselves to find out an IP address in an attempt to discredit an individual they don't agree with or take offense to. It is embarrasing and a discredit to this forum. How can we feel free to say what we want when the forum police (F500 and others??) are on the hunt? I am writing this from work - are you going to locate the ip address and call my company and tell them that I am making personal posts during work hours? GET A LIFE!!!
Why do we have aliases? What good are they when you are going to post the names on the forum? Lets just do away with them.
Is this forum still a safe place to say what you want? Doesn't look like it. Big Brother is watching and tattling. What happened to this officer is proof! I am disgusted.

#366 nlove4ever

nlove4ever

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE(Redone @ Aug 22 2007, 09:32 PM) View Post
I'd choose him over you anyday.......
Don't you have some ISP's to check over on your site ?????????

Agree, the facts are the facts. Many people are foolish in believing that they cant be caught posting things using a fictitious name. There are many many ways to catch people. Maybe he posted directly from his house, that would have been a easy one. If he posted from work, well there are video cameras all over the place. ISP can be verified with the date and time stamp. I don’t believe that F500 in spreading any rumors at all and I appreciate him coming on here and letting us know what happened. There is rarely a day that goes buy that I don’t wonder what happened.

#367 nlove4ever

nlove4ever

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE(MSgt @ Aug 23 2007, 07:57 AM) View Post
This is just wrong. It is a witch hunt - we are all vunerable when members of this forum take it upon themselves to find out an IP address in an attempt to discredit an individual they don't agree with or take offense to. It is embarrasing and a discredit to this forum. How can we feel free to say what we want when the forum police (F500 and others??) are on the hunt? I am writing this from work - are you going to locate the ip address and call my company and tell them that I am making personal posts during work hours? GET A LIFE!!!
Why do we have aliases? What good are they when you are going to post the names on the forum? Lets just do away with them.
Is this forum still a safe place to say what you want? Doesn't look like it. Big Brother is watching and tattling. What happened to this officer is proof! I am disgusted.

What the police officer did was wrong and he was obviously in violation of some sort of code otherwise the findings would not have been substantiated. Also NOTHING online is safe, so don’t ever fool yourself in to believing that. If you don’t want someone to find something out, then don’t say anything at all. The internet can be a very dangerous thing and it is great that they can identity people by their IP. Imagine what people could get away with if we didn’t have this technology. If someone tried to bust you for posting while you were at work as you suggested above is one thing (unless you were a complete slacker), but for an officer of the law to do what he did is another and whether it was F500 or not who filed the complaint, the right thing was done!

#368 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:27 AM

QUOTE(folsom500 @ Mar 13 2007, 10:33 AM) View Post
The Son of some friends of ours on Hopfield Drive appears to have been murdered and then strung up in a tree last night at the local park. I believe he was a junior at Folsom High. He was an avid skateboarder. I sure HOPE it was not race related as he is one of very few semi-black kids in the area.

No other details - more later-

Just for perspective, this was the third post that morning. Though what the officer may have done might be technically wrong, I think it was an effort to quell rumors like this.

#369 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE(Robert Giacometti @ Aug 22 2007, 10:42 PM) View Post
People, remember what Rodney King said, "Can't we all just get along."

If an officer, any public official or public employee tries to control information or manipulate a situation beyond its factual reality that is when complaints should be filed and investigations should occur. When this happens the public isn't being served, its being controlled and that is always wrong!

....and this is really a major part of the complaint as I have heard... ( first hand ) ...
I am not the complainant and just thought I would post the new updates - I have no vested interest in this matter Other than I was a neighborhood acquaintance of Andres- and his parents...
despite what Randb has suggested - this was NOT a form letter as far as 'they' know and should it turn out to be - then I would suspect - ( conjecture on my part ) that further pursual of the truth will be taken by the originator...

unless other things arise in posts or news , this will be my last post on this subject- but if I do hear more- I feel the rest might like to know ....

Cheers
F500

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#370 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:09 AM

Wait, what did I say? Why you bringing me into this?
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#371 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE(mylo @ Aug 23 2007, 12:09 PM) View Post
Wait, what did I say? Why you bringing me into this?

sorry Mylo- really sorry- - I turned 53 yesterday and having an early Alzhieners moment- I have edited it --
My Apology ...

cheers
F500

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#372 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE(folsom500 @ Aug 23 2007, 11:47 AM) View Post
unless other things arise in posts or news , this will be my last post on this subject- but if I do hear more- I feel the rest might like to know ....

Cheers
F500

We spoke the complainant this morning as he was walking by when I was leaving for work and not only did he get a letter from the PD - sustaining all allegations- he also recieved a phone call from the Chief stating the same thing...
The only question now is what are the disciplinary actions... but regardless - the system can work ....

Cheers
F500

#373 randb

randb

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE(folsom500 @ Aug 24 2007, 12:26 PM) View Post
We spoke the complainant this morning as he was walking by when I was leaving for work and not only did he get a letter from the PD - sustaining all allegations- he also recieved a phone call from the Chief stating the same thing...
The only question now is what are the disciplinary actions... but regardless - the system can work ....

Ken you are being taken for a ride by Gary. Have you asked Gary to see the officer’s personnel file? The officer was not let go from the PIO position due to this complaint and he was not found to be guilty of lying as the complaint claims. He was reprimanded (letter in his file) for posting from a city owned network and not identifying himself as an officer. Had he posted from home he would not have needed to identify himself. That is the only thing that was “substantiated” , nothing more. Move on.

#374 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE(randb @ Aug 24 2007, 03:05 PM) View Post
Ken you are being taken for a ride by Gary. Have you asked Gary to see the officer’s personnel file? The officer was not let go from the PIO position due to this complaint and he was not found to be guilty of lying as the complaint claims. He was reprimanded (letter in his file) for posting from a city owned network and not identifying himself as an officer. Had he posted from home he would not have needed to identify himself. That is the only thing that was “substantiated” , nothing more. Move on.

Who is Gary ?

I only post what I get from the complainant.... but if what you are saying is true- then I think some thing smells in city hall...

No offense to you and dont want to stir the waters- just reporting what I hear... I can get the letter on request.. but not sure I would post it - but this does need to be sorted out - if nothing more to clear up things...

Cheers
F500

-Margaret Mead-

#375 Duke

Duke

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 04:56 PM

So, is this finally the last post or an addendum to the last post, making this officially the last post when, of course, considering the contents of said addendum?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users