Photo
- - - - -

Red Brick Wall At Corner Of Blue Ravine & School Street?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

Something to consider is this wall might be on private property and owned by the person who owns the house? If it is, then the owners might not be so agreeable to all of our ideas on what we want to do with their property.

#17 Pool Runner

Pool Runner

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:04 AM

Something to consider is this wall might be on private property and owned by the person who owns the house? If it is, then the owners might not be so agreeable to all of our ideas on what we want to do with their property.

You certainly could be right sir, as if I remember correctly while the wall extends all the way to the corner, it appears it may be part of the residence? That said it still looks like it was built to have something on it. Only reason I even brought it up is that I live in that neighborhood and turn at that corner daily, that’s all. It really doesn’t bother me one way or the other, whether it says something or is just a wall.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming
"Wow! What a Ride!"

http://www.weservicepools.com/

#18 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:24 AM

You certainly could be right sir, as if I remember correctly while the wall extends all the way to the corner, it appears it may be part of the residence? That said it still looks like it was built to have something on it. Only reason I even brought it up is that I live in that neighborhood and turn at that corner daily, that’s all. It really doesn’t bother me one way or the other, whether it says something or is just a wall.

I wonder if that wall wasn't constructed as a barrier to prevent vehicles who maybe traveling too fast from crashing into the house as they try to make a left turn?

It would be interesting to know the reason behind it.

#19 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

Same here, Pool Runner. I've always been curious about the wall and whether it had a name at one time or not.

#20 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:25 AM

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but the house across the street on the corner also has some sort of concrete footing with a little bit of brick left on the bottom, but it's curved the opposite way.

#21 tony

tony

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

I hear of an observation one time, called the broken window theory/

....It just takes one--and the neighborhood goes to pieces.

Supermom; Exactly. When Guliani was mayor of New York, he oversaw a radical improvement of the safety of the subway system and the city as a whole, based primarily on the theory that if you crack down on the little crimes and have a larger police presence in neighborhoods, then you stop the petty criminals before they become serious ones. Fix the broken windows and people won't break more of them. On the subways, they started cleaning graffiti from the cars on a regular basis, and the graffiti problems, and much of the crime on subways, largely went away. Folsom subscribes to this theory and has a policy of removing graffiti within 24 hours of being reported (at least they did before all the budget cuts).

As for the wall, my curiosity is piqued!

#22 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:59 AM

So why can't you carve the letters in rather than glue them on? The Romans knew to do this.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users