104 replies to this topic

#16 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:46 AM

The article mentions that Kathi H has multiple fractures to her spinal column.

I can only guess that that is very serious. Will she lose her ability to walk or ride her bike?

This is so wrong--that this accident happened.

I can only pray that the best doctors can help these two ladies recover.

#17 leenda

leenda

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Jun 20 2008, 10:25 AM) View Post
Yep, 'ol Brandi's party days are over.

There's ZERO alcohol tolerance if you're under 21....not to mention that it'll be felony DUI with injury, which carries pretty harsh sentence, fine, suspended license, DUI school, etc.

And if one of the victims dies, then it gets even worse.

But, knowing her and people like her, she only feels bad for herself, and not the victims.

Make her an example and give her the MAX !!!

Ditto. Zero Tolerance!!!!

#18 kprincesskate

kprincesskate

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:43 AM

Kathi Sturgeon is a friend of ours. She is an amazing woman! From what I understand, she is in critical condition at Sutter Roseville. As far as Kathy H. goes, I understand that she is not paralyzed but will require back surgery. Please be praying for these women as well as Brandi. They all need to be covered with prayers!
The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it.

#19 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:30 AM

good to hear Kathy H is not paralyzed. Here's to a speedy recovery. Both need our prayers.

#20 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE(kprincesskate @ Jun 20 2008, 11:43 AM) View Post
Please be praying for these women as well as Brandi. They all need to be covered with prayers!

Sorry, Brandi made a conscious choice, she rolled the dice, and she lost...and 2 women, and their family and friends, are changed for life because of it.

Brandi's family and friends can pray for her, but not me.

Sorry...I don't sugar-coat stuff too well.

She, and people like her, deserve to be hammered by the justice system. That's the only way the message will get out.

Anything less is a slap in the face to the innocent victims, and to society in general.

Prison. And none of this "serve time on the weekends" garbage, either.
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#21 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Jun 20 2008, 12:42 PM) View Post
Sorry, Brandi made a conscious choice, she rolled the dice, and she lost...and 2 women, and their family and friends, are changed for life because of it.

Brandi's family and friends can pray for her, but not me.

Sorry...I don't sugar-coat stuff too well.

She, and people like her, deserve to be hammered by the justice system. That's the only way the message will get out.

Anything less is a slap in the face to the innocent victims, and to society in general.

Prison. And none of this "serve time on the weekends" garbage, either.

Yeah, they need to lock her a$$ up and throw away the key.

#22 kprincesskate

kprincesskate

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:31 PM

Not trying to sugar coat. You are absolutely right that Brandi made an awful decision and it had tragic results. I also agree that she needs some serious consequences for those choices. That said, we all need grace and prayer. Don't pray for her if you don't want to - that really is between you and God!
The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it.

#23 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:34 PM

guys, I can't condone posting the driver's MySpace page on here... I don't want this thread to turn in to a witch hunt. She will no doubt have her day in court, but let's leave that to the police and our legal system.

Focus your attention on the bikers.

#24 kprincesskate

kprincesskate

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:42 PM

Also wanted to add that one of the Pastor's from Lakeside was interviewed on channel 13 news. He said that "the church extends forgivnesss, grace, and compassion to the driver and her family. We are praying for her." It is all about grace!

#25 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE(john @ Jun 20 2008, 01:34 PM) View Post
guys, I can't condone posting the driver's MySpace page on here... I don't want this thread to turn in to a witch hunt. She will no doubt have her day in court, but let's leave that to the police and our legal system.

while I wont post the myspace url - _ it is on the comments section of the news article-
I find this quote from her a bit concerning

"Never ,lie,steal,cheat,or drink, but if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love, If you must steal, steal away from bad company, if you must cheat, cheat death, and if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breathe away..."

Female
19 years old
sac/folsom, California
United States

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#26 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:52 PM

.. and of course- I do wish the two ladies all my best and hope Brandi pays some time ...

DUI at 10 in the morning at 19 ? Jeez....

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#27 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE(folsom500 @ Jun 20 2008, 01:42 PM) View Post
while I wont post the myspace url - _ it is on the comments section of the news article-
I find this quote from her a bit concerning

"Never ,lie,steal,cheat,or drink, but if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love, If you must steal, steal away from bad company, if you must cheat, cheat death, and if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breathe away..."

Female
19 years old
sac/folsom, California
United States

Every time I flip through MySpace I am scared for our society. Browsing a few of her MySpace friends pages:

Have You Ever:
Been Drunk: Uhhhh yeah just a little
Been Stoned/High: Everyday!

"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#28 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE(john @ Jun 20 2008, 01:34 PM) View Post

Witch Hunt? Please. OK go to news10.net and find the story and look in the comments section, it's listed there.
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#29 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:56 PM

I am waiting for someone to worry about what this accident is going to do to Brandy's self esteem.

#30 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE(mylo @ Jun 20 2008, 02:43 PM) View Post
Every time I flip through MySpace I am scared for our society. Browsing a few of her MySpace friends pages:

Have You Ever:
Been Drunk: Uhhhh yeah just a little
Been Stoned/High: Everyday!

Yeah I noticed all of them had pix of themselves drinking and not a single one is legal age to drink

those myspace sites are very incriminating - this should be a very easy case to convict

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users