The Many Faces Of Folsom Lake Tree Trunks

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:01 PM

While on a trek to the left  of Browns Ravine on 1/14, we came across the TRUNKS of trees long past and started to notice faces and odd and wonderful shapes ( we both love to look as tree trunks and roots anyway as they are so unique .  While some of the macro pics ( mostly not face worthy but worthy none the less) are not quite focused ( I intend to go out again to take more before the waters raise too high) they have such wonderful pattern.

Now- on the trunks- some are just trunks- others have faces of various manners and some have multiple ones if your eyes and mind can capture them.

We Spent 3.5 hours in a short range west of Browns Ravine and ended up walking 4 miles in the process without even realizing it...

Hope this link works... Look closely and let your imagination go -

https://goo.gl/photo...1mB6n8kxdFyb6j6

Cheers

F500

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#2 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:59 PM

Very nice photo work....!   Regards, Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#3 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:49 PM

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#4 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:22 PM

Very cool to see, they are like ancient sea creatures, each so unique. It's interesting to see the way they've decomposed under water over the years.

Wonder how old some of those are?

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#5 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 04:31 PM

Beautiful. Have you ever thought about having a show with your photographs? 

Hope this link works... Look closely and let your imagination go -

https://goo.gl/photo...1mB6n8kxdFyb6j6

Cheers

F500

#6 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 02:16 PM

Beautiful. Have you ever thought about having a show with your photographs? 

I love to  take them but likely need a better camera ( which I have always wanted) as I am just using an older Canon Powershot SD1000.   I had thought this type of photo would play well to a show though.... Obviously with better organization and some better focus... Might try the monopod next time before the water gets too high...  We hike alot, but we take a LOT of pictures- usually around 100-250 pictures per hike... 

I often say about most others running, riding, walking and hiking that they are not really experiencing the visual  wonders of the area, they are just passing through, while we are constantly looking at the experience of sight of our surroundings and we like to capture some of that in photos....While never the same as the eye and minds camera... it is a fair facsimile...

Most of the trees in this grouping are at the edge of the old road between Browns Ravine and Mormon Island... Seemed they were planted next to the old road. 

I sure wish there were resources that would explain many things about the history of the area...  like all the red bricks some showing a foundation but most spread out in one area here... and more info on the road itself ...

While I am glad that we are getting rain and the lake is rising for the need for water, I am a bit sad to see the water cover so many treasures that I would like to photograph... and so many unique areas that we will not be able to get to on our hikes.... especially since I never set foot on Folsom Lake until December of 2014....even though I have lived here since 2002...Over a Million steps and 243 miles of hiking just on and around the lake in the last 11 months...

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#7 olivia

olivia

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:37 PM

What a great collection.  If Star Wars is in need of some new creatures, they would have a plethora of shapes and forms to choose from by looking at those photos...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users