85 replies to this topic

#1 Joe

Joe

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 05:08 PM

It looks like a man named Richard Alvin Priest, 47, of Folsom, was taken into custody for Child Molestation. He is a Sacramento International Airport firefighter that was arrested on suspicion of multiple child sexual molestation acts, according to a Folsom Police Department. I think thar article said four people have came foward indicating that they were victims, but it may now be as high as six.

This is gross and apalling. angry.gif I feel bad for the victims of this disgusting man.
http://www.sacbee.co...-14895620c.html

#2 nhardy

nhardy

MyFolsom's 12th Round Pick

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 06:20 PM

What a Loser, if it's true, I hope he get's it in the rear while in Prison.
To all you Freaks, don't stop the rock....

#3 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 12 January 2006 - 06:23 PM

Another sad and disgusting story. Those poor children.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#4 delta heavy

delta heavy

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE(Resume Lady @ Jan 12 2006, 06:23 PM) View Post

Another sad and disgusting story. Those poor children.

Fox 40 news channel also said police found an assualt rifle in his home, this guy will face many felonies !

#5 EDF

EDF

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 10:58 PM

he also had his own kids... and I imagine a wife.. probably soon to be an ex wife....

#6 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 13 January 2006 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE(Joe @ Jan 12 2006, 05:08 PM) View Post

It looks like a man named Richard Alvin Priest, 47, of Folsom, was taken into custody for Child Molestation. He is a Sacramento International Airport firefighter that was arrested on suspicion of multiple child sexual molestation acts, according to a Folsom Police Department. I think thar article said four people have came foward indicating that they were victims, but it may now be as high as six.
This is gross and apalling. angry.gif I feel bad for the victims of this disgusting man.
http://www.sacbee.co...-14895620c.html

grrr.gif if someone ever did that to my daughter I'd kill him

I hope he goes down hard and never gets out of prison - he should be shot

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#7 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 10:08 AM

WHOA there folks, remember - he has not been found guilty. Let the evidence prove what he did before you start bashing him.

Anyone can be charged.

Edited by c_vanderveen, 13 January 2006 - 10:08 AM.

#8 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 13 January 2006 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE(c_vanderveen @ Jan 13 2006, 10:08 AM) View Post

WHOA there folks, remember - he has not been found guilty. Let the evidence prove what he did before you start bashing him.

Anyone can be charged.

QUOTE(Resume Lady @ Jan 13 2006, 10:38 AM) View Post

According to the news, he's already admitted to these crimes.

From The Bee:

Once in custody, Priest made statements implicating himself in the crimes for which he was arrested, police said. He also reportedly stated that he was connected to an incident involving a fifth girl that had been reported to Folsom police in January 2005.

A sixth possible victim contacted police Thursday afternoon, Knudsen said.

All six girls are Folsom residents, Knudsen said.

And from KCRA's website:

"When they went to his residence last night, they located him in his driveway and took him into custody. He has since confessed to all the allegations," said Folsom Police Department spokesman Officer Kurt Knudsen.

Edited by Resume Lady, 13 January 2006 - 10:53 AM.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#9 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 10:56 AM

I just learned that this is the father of one of my daughter's kindergarten classmates (last year) at Natoma Station.

His wife asked me last year if I wanted my daughter to join a Girl Scout (Daisy) troop that she was organizing. We did not -- which I am now grateful for. Rumors (and I emphasize RUMORS-- I have not substantiated them) are circulating that Girl Scout slumber parties were the opportunity for his crime(s).

I am heartbroken to realize that there is a strong likelihood that some or all of the victims were classmates of my daughter.

It is also sobering to realize how little we can really protect our children. This man was a firefighter; his wife was an elementary school teacher and (apparently) a Girl Scout leader. --Knowing this, I would have let my children go to their house without hesitation, if the opportunity had arisen. --Just goes to show that we can never truly know where evil lurks.

#10 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE(Resume Lady @ Jan 13 2006, 10:44 AM) View Post

From The Bee:

Once in custody, Priest made statements implicating himself in the crimes for which he was arrested, police said. He also reportedly stated that he was connected to an incident involving a fifth girl that had been reported to Folsom police in January 2005.

A sixth possible victim contacted police Thursday afternoon, Knudsen said.

All six girls are Folsom residents, Knudsen said.

And from KCRA's website:

"When they went to his residence last night, they located him in his driveway and took him into custody. He has since confessed to all the allegations," said Folsom Police Department spokesman Officer Kurt Knudsen.

That text was not in the linked article above. If those statements are accurate, then yes, this guy is a filthy pig and should be roasted like one.

#11 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 12:34 PM

I was just over at Natoma Station dropping my younger daughter off at kindergarten.

The news has spread throughout the school like wildfire. The teachers were contacted last night. My daughter's kindergarten teacher told me that the principal has had a stream of concerned parents coming into his office all morning. She stated that the school will have additional psychologist services available for children who may be affected.

Sadly, it seems that many of our children will now be exposed to knowledge of this horror. This morning, I overheard my daughter's kindergarten classmate tell her that "a girl's father was looking at other girls' 'potty places.'" When my older daughter gets home from school (she was classmates with the perpetrator's daughter), I will have to question her about what she may have heard.

So very shocking and sad.

#12 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE(bordercolliefan @ Jan 13 2006, 10:56 AM) View Post

I just learned that this is the father of one of my daughter's kindergarten classmates (last year) at Natoma Station.

His wife asked me last year if I wanted my daughter to join a Girl Scout (Daisy) troop that she was organizing. We did not -- which I am now grateful for. Rumors (and I emphasize RUMORS-- I have not substantiated them) are circulating that Girl Scout slumber parties were the opportunity for his crime(s).

I am heartbroken to realize that there is a strong likelihood that some or all of the victims were classmates of my daughter.

It is also sobering to realize how little we can really protect our children. This man was a firefighter; his wife was an elementary school teacher and (apparently) a Girl Scout leader. --Knowing this, I would have let my children go to their house without hesitation, if the opportunity had arisen. --Just goes to show that we can never truly know where evil lurks.

BCF -- I'm very sorry for your daughter and all of her classmates that they have to live this reality at so young and precious and innocent an age. sad.gif

The only thing we can do is educate our children. Without going into scary detail, we need to make sure they know about appropriate and inappropriate touching, that they should never keep secrets other adults tell them to keep, that they have the right to say "stop that" and to scream, that they should never take any kind of pills or medicine from anyone but their parents, etc. We taught our children about dropping to the floor (dead weight) and screaming if a stranger ever tried to take them, while reassuring them that we didn't think anything like that would ever happen to them. We did educating in a casual way, discussing events that were in the news and empowering them with techniques -- again, reassuring them that this type of thing would probably never happen to them. I've heard stories about children who -- because they had been educated -- knew how to protect themselves, get away, etc.

In a perfect world we wouldn't have to even raise these subjects with our children, but it isn't a perfect world. While no amount of educating can keep them 100% safe 100% of the time, we can do what is within our power. It's a shame and a fact that evil can lurk in any person of any profession and of any community; we can't be lulled into a false sense of security that because we don't live in a urban setting we have nothing to worry about.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

#13 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 03:11 PM

Well, I've read some more updated stories on this and it appears this person has been suspected of molestation for a while.

I think we're in the clear if we want to start with the name calling.

#14 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 13 January 2006 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE(c_vanderveen @ Jan 13 2006, 03:11 PM) View Post

Well, I've read some more updated stories on this and it appears this person has been suspected of molestation for a while.

I think we're in the clear if we want to start with the name calling.

I've got a rope - you got the tree?

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#15 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 13 January 2006 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE(bordercolliefan @ Jan 13 2006, 12:34 PM) View Post

I was just over at Natoma Station dropping my younger daughter off at kindergarten.

The news has spread throughout the school like wildfire. The teachers were contacted last night. My daughter's kindergarten teacher told me that the principal has had a stream of concerned parents coming into his office all morning. She stated that the school will have additional psychologist services available for children who may be affected.

Sadly, it seems that many of our children will now be exposed to knowledge of this horror. This morning, I overheard my daughter's kindergarten classmate tell her that "a girl's father was looking at other girls' 'potty places.'" When my older daughter gets home from school (she was classmates with the perpetrator's daughter), I will have to question her about what she may have heard.

So very shocking and sad.

Truly horrible. Not only did he inflict untold psychological damage on the little girls, but think about what his own daughter will be put through as well. You can see from the above quote that there will be a ton of gossip about her father that she will never be able to escape (well, at least in Folsom).

That pig needs to roast.
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users