7 replies to this topic

#1 GrumpyOldGuy

GrumpyOldGuy

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 05:34 PM

To forum wizards - How do you post an image on these forum pages?  I've tried the Photobucket thing and couldn't make it work.  I've seen others post images, but I can't figure it out.  The copy/paste icons don't seem to work.  Running Windows 7 here.  Any suggestions are appreciated.   thanks.

#2 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 06:25 PM

Test.

I just tested "the Photobucket thing" and it worked. I went to Photobucket and searched for photos tagged with "Folsom" and found one of the library. Copied the URL and pasted it here in the body of my post. Then when I saved the post the image appeared.

I went ahead and deleted it because I didn't ask permission of the person who took the picture.

Not that it matters (and maybe it does) -- I am running Windows Vista.

To be clear, when I was in Photobucket, to the right of the photo I saw "Share This Photo." Below that I saw, "Email & IM," "HTML," "IMG," and "Direct." I clicked on the URL next to "IMG" and the text immediately changed to "Copied." Then I came here and within this box that I am typing in right now, I clicked Ctrl V (paste, utilizing my keyboard shortcut) and the URL appeared here. Then when I clicked Save (or whatever I clicked to post the message) the photo appeared.

P.S. I didn't utilize any of the "icons" above this white box.

#3 GrumpyOldGuy

GrumpyOldGuy

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 10:14 PM

AZ - thanks for your response.  I've tried everything you listed.  I get to the point of selecting IMG on Photobucket.  the box shows "copied" but only for a second, then goes back to a blank.  When I do a Ctrl V in this box, nothing copies.  Do you recall if the "copied" remains in the box on Photobucket when you selected it?  I'm not sure this is working right for me. 

#4 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:17 AM

Ok- Try this-- After you have copied the URL for IMG within Photobucket start or continue your post but do not use the Cntl V. Instead use the Image Icon above the text portion here.  It is a small Square just to the left of the <> icon.   Click on it and paste your IMG url there.

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#5 GrumpyOldGuy

GrumpyOldGuy

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 08:03 AM

Appreciate your response.  Some progress...sort of.  I did what you suggested.  Clicked on the Image icon and a dialog box comes up that says "Image properties".  I go to Photobucket and click IMG and it appears to copy.  Go back to the dialog box and paste (Ctrl V) into the "Image properties" box, then click OK.  Everything except the dialog box greys out, wait...wait...wait, and then nothing happens.  I can't close the dialog box, cancel it, "X" it, can't do anything with it.  Appears the computer just locks up.  I have to go back (<---) one screen and start over.  So it looked like it was going to do something, but then just freezes halfway thru the process.  Appreciate your help however.  Took two steps forward, one step back....progress!!?   any other ideas?

#6 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:30 PM

AZ - thanks for your response.  I've tried everything you listed.  I get to the point of selecting IMG on Photobucket.  the box shows "copied" but only for a second, then goes back to a blank.  When I do a Ctrl V in this box, nothing copies.  Do you recall if the "copied" remains in the box on Photobucket when you selected it?  I'm not sure this is working right for me. 

Hey, Grumpy --

I tried again and noticed that when I click on the URL in Photobucket the innards of the box changes from white to yellow highlighted and the word "Copied" for a couple seconds and then changes back to white with the URL -- not a blank box.

I opened a Word doc and did Ctrl V there and the entire URL copied just like it does for me here.

I'm running Firefox, btw. I tried it in IE as well, and it was more of a PITA with pop-ups and junk, but it still worked.

I'm certainly no techno wiz, so don't know what else to say. I hope Santa brings you a solution!
:santa:

P.S. When I try folsom500's suggestion of pasting the URL into the Image dialogue box that appears when I click on the Image icon above, I get this error message:

"You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

#7 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:01 AM

Steve, being able to post photos easier would really make the site a lot more interesting and I think more people would get into it.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#8 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 11:09 PM

Steve, being able to post photos easier would really make the site a lot more interesting and I think more people would get into it.

exactly, that's another plus for facebook.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users