7 replies to this topic

#1 knittychick

knittychick

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:53 PM

I am looking for suggestions or a referral to someone who can figure out my computer related problems:

1)      I have pictures that I would like the background and other people removed from. I know I can Photoshop them myself, but these pictures are important to me and I don’t want them to look like an amateur Photoshopped them. I contacted a company I found online, Tucia, with questions, but it’s been well over a week and they have not responded. Any suggestions for who does this kind of work?

2)      My older Toshiba laptop stopped connecting to the Internet and I can’t figure out why. AT&T U-Verse was out for a repair call and changed our network connection address and password. I changed our three computers to the new info – all three say they are successfully connected and two are working perfectly. When I try to access the Internet on the older laptop it says it’s not connected, however, when I click to find a connection it says it is connected. I’ve rebooted the wifi ‘gateway’, restarted the computer several times, disconnected and re-entered the info to connect again and run a malware program (0 issues). Any suggestions what I can try or who in Folsom I can take it to for help?

3)      I would like to transfer my itunes account from the older Toshiba to my new Toshiba. I have set up itunes sharing on both computers, but it really isn’t sharing. The new computer only shows what I have purchased from itunes and none of the music I have downloaded myself over the years. I tried to download my itunes account from the cloud and again it gave me only purchased music and the music it showed was not in the Playlists I created on my old computer. Is there a way to open my itunes account on my newer computer to appear exactly as it does on my older computer?

If you have suggestions to share please use layman’s terms - my knowledge of the inner workings of computers is very limited.

Thanks.

"Peace is always beautiful." - Walt Whitman

#2 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:58 AM

I recently used a local guy for some configuration issues, He came to my house & was very helpful & reasonably priced. 

Dror Kinel

Tech1 Computer Services

Ph 916-612-8409

I've also recently used the services of local shop where you have to take your equipment in for services. They were fantastic. 

Bitwise Computers

Folsom Auburn Rd.

Ph 916-987-5474. 

#3 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:51 PM

I am looking for suggestions or a referral to someone who can figure out my computer related problems:

1)      I have pictures that I would like the background and other people removed from. I know I can Photoshop them myself, but these pictures are important to me and I don’t want them to look like an amateur Photoshopped them. I contacted a company I found online, Tucia, with questions, but it’s been well over a week and they have not responded. Any suggestions for who does this kind of work?

2)      My older Toshiba laptop stopped connecting to the Internet and I can’t figure out why. AT&T U-Verse was out for a repair call and changed our network connection address and password. I changed our three computers to the new info – all three say they are successfully connected and two are working perfectly. When I try to access the Internet on the older laptop it says it’s not connected, however, when I click to find a connection it says it is connected. I’ve rebooted the wifi ‘gateway’, restarted the computer several times, disconnected and re-entered the info to connect again and run a malware program (0 issues). Any suggestions what I can try or who in Folsom I can take it to for help?

3)      I would like to transfer my itunes account from the older Toshiba to my new Toshiba. I have set up itunes sharing on both computers, but it really isn’t sharing. The new computer only shows what I have purchased from itunes and none of the music I have downloaded myself over the years. I tried to download my itunes account from the cloud and again it gave me only purchased music and the music it showed was not in the Playlists I created on my old computer. Is there a way to open my itunes account on my newer computer to appear exactly as it does on my older computer?

If you have suggestions to share please use layman’s terms - my knowledge of the inner workings of computers is very limited.

Thanks.

Our son takes photos professionally and he has a person that edits them for him. If you want I can ask him to see if they would contact you. ???

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#4 knittychick

knittychick

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 06:29 PM

Thanks for the recommendation Caligirl!

Thank you Camay. I will PM you with my info.

#5 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:04 PM

I got it and will talk to my son and contact you back via email.

Cal

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#6 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:41 PM

I tried to email you and the email address did not work.I will call you tomorrow.

Cal

#7 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:35 PM

Thanks.

My son was very busy today but will try to contact you tomorrow sometime.

#8 knittychick

knittychick

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:18 PM

No worries Camay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users