86 replies to this topic

#16 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:36 PM

Can God build a missile that goes so fast that even He can't catch it?

#17 brown

brown

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE(mylo @ Aug 15 2007, 03:33 PM) View Post
Chinese plastics

Hey, that lead paint is tasty.
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine

#18 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE(brown @ Aug 15 2007, 03:39 PM) View Post
Hey, that lead paint is tasty.

mmm...red CARC paint is sooooo much tastier

#19 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE(c_vanderveen @ Aug 15 2007, 03:36 PM) View Post

Of course He can, He can do anything! Oh wait, then that means He can catch it too. So I guess He can but then He can't, but then He can(or can't). tongue.gif

#20 forumreader

forumreader

Living Legend

• Registered Members
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Aug 15 2007, 03:23 PM) View Post
Yep, it's expensive. There's very few people who take the bus and it's probably a catch-22 situation. Still cheaper than driving, however.

I would like a definitive answer on this, however. I'm sure that it has everything to do with costs.

Many school districts in this state have discontinued bus service due to the cost. We should be glad that it is still available in the FCUSD. Additionally, reduced cost bus passes are available to those in the district who demonstrate financial need.

#21 brown

brown

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE(c_vanderveen @ Aug 15 2007, 03:36 PM) View Post

God's a lover, not a fighter.
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine

#22 (Gaelic925)

(Gaelic925)
  • Visitors

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE(forumreader @ Aug 15 2007, 04:21 PM) View Post
Many school districts in this state have discontinued bus service due to the cost. We should be glad that it is still available in the FCUSD. Additionally, reduced cost bus passes are available to those in the district who demonstrate financial need.

If they really loved this planet they would bus our kids for free to cut back on global warming!

#23 forumreader

forumreader

Living Legend

• Registered Members
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:37 PM

I don't dare type, "+1." But, I agree.

#24 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE(Gaelic925 @ Aug 15 2007, 04:28 PM) View Post
If they really loved this planet they would bus our kids for free to cut back on global warming!

If they really loved the environment-our kids would have their classes under a tree.

The real reason why most districts have cut buses is that they are in impacted neighborhoods where the kids all can walk to school. Also--the city is smart enough to value that by putting sidewalks and frigging speedbumps and lights and signs near school areas.

#25 DalOwnerX3

DalOwnerX3

Fuzzy Folsomite

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:27 PM

Actually what really annoys me is when the comment has nothing to do with the orignal post such as stories that don’t go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on ‘em. “Give me five bees for a quarter,” you’d say. Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones…

#26 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Aug 15 2007, 02:58 PM) View Post
It's an interesting study in human psychology, and mildly obnoxious. No offense.

It's called "wanting to be in with the cool crowd" of Folsomites or whatever the term is. If you comment a lot and babble it gives certain people the feeling of being included and accomplishment.

Also people these days slack off completely at work, especially at places like Intel where they sit in front of PC's all day so a few hour diversion here is nothing to them even though it's a lot to the company bottom line.
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#27 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE(DalOwnerX3 @ Aug 15 2007, 05:27 PM) View Post
Actually what really annoys me is when the comment has nothing to do with the orignal post such as stories that don’t go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on ‘em. “Give me five bees for a quarter,” you’d say. Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones…

I can relate.

Tension is a killer. I used to be in a barbershop quartet in Skokie, Illinois. The baritone was this guy named Kip Diskin, big fat guy, I mean, like, orca fat. He was so stressed in the morning...
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#28 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE(Darthvader @ Aug 15 2007, 05:36 PM) View Post
It's called "wanting to be in with the cool crowd" of Folsomites or whatever the term is. If you comment a lot and babble it gives certain people the feeling of being included and accomplishment.

Also people these days slack off completely at work, especially at places like Intel where they sit in front of PC's all day so a few hour diversion here is nothing to them even though it's a lot to the company bottom line.

That's what I thought, DV....But over-kill is obnoxiuous....Just my .02
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#29 EDF

EDF

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE(brown @ Aug 15 2007, 03:17 PM) View Post
So my daughter started 7th grade on Monday. Monday night we found out that the bus pass for the year for the PUBLIC SCHOOL BUS is $240. What gives? When I took the bus to school it was free. Am I that old?

well.. a little history here...

Back in 1995 when the "split of the district" was on the ballot... the stinking "educrats" that didn't want us to split from Rancho Cordova said in their campaign pieces and to the state, that "if we split the district, we would lose free home to school bussing"...

The split failed for a lot of reasons I won't go into here now, but here's my response....

too bad... so sad... they just lied... I mean can you believe them stinkin education establishment types that care for "the kids" would do something like that....?

my kids are grown and out of that district... so.. Now it's up to you new parents to do the battles with the district.... go have fun and complain... see how much sympathy you get from them....

remember sympathy is located in the dictionary in between "Sh-t and Syphillis"....

Get back to me...

#30 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE(Gaelic925 @ Aug 15 2007, 04:28 PM) View Post

Conversely, if we (parents) really loved this planet we'd walk/bike our kids to school/other activities more to cut back on global warming!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users