11 replies to this topic

#1 Folsom Guy

Folsom Guy

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:53 AM

Car in the driveway was strewn with raw eggs. Someone bought bunch of eggs and did this between 11 pm and 5 am last night. Police came by and shrugged it off to be a summertime teenage prank. Did anyone else experience this? Any idea who might be behind this?

#2 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:03 AM

Can you let us know what area of this was in?

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#3 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:29 AM

Sorry to hear that happened to you.  Nothing like that here. I thought we'd seen the last those kind of pranks with the cost of eggs and TP these days.

#4 Folsom Guy

Folsom Guy

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:20 AM

I live on Broder Circle. The egg yolk is nasty piece of dirt that needs to be dealt with before the sun packs heat. Am gonna havta take my car to get it detailed. I think I know who did it - just can't prove it. It's a family where parents think it's OK for kids to go TPing.

#5 mac_convert

mac_convert

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:37 AM

Tping and egging are vastly different. One is a pain to clean up while the second can cause damage!

I live on Broder Circle. The egg yolk is nasty piece of dirt that needs to be dealt with before the sun packs heat. Am gonna havta take my car to get it detailed. I think I know who did it - just can't prove it. It's a family where parents think it's OK for kids to go TPing.

#6 Folsom Guy

Folsom Guy

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:46 AM

Agree with ur comment that egging can cause damage. If parents are OK with - i.e., kids say we are going out to TP the neighbor - some, then one should not be surprised if kids try to stretch it more.

#7 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:28 AM

tell the parents what happened, tell them you don't know who did it but that you are telling all the parents of kids of a certain age about, just in case.  they may at least ask the kids and find out for themselves.

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#8 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:43 PM

Put up security cams. It won't help with the egg situation but it will decrease or stop repeat attacks. It sure did in my neighborhood. You can install yourself, or check out my installer, Marcus @ Safe & Sound Solutions. 916-860-7123 (referred by John @ West One Security).

#9 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:01 PM

I purchased my SWANN 4 camera system from Fry's and had them install it.  They did a great job and it is all

still working two years later

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#10 Folsom Guy

Folsom Guy

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:22 AM

What do the costs run for such a system?

#11 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:57 PM

Ours was about $500 to buy and $300 to install. Includes infra-red for night use. Amazing how many animals are out and about at night time.

#12 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:52 PM

They have a 4 camera one for sale right now for $399.99

Not sure of the installation charge at this time.

I got mine on sale and it was cheaper.  Keep an eye out for sales.

http://www.frys.com/...mepage_hot:box1

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users