19 replies to this topic

#1 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 30 January 2003 - 10:50 PM

Breaking news...

This is absolutely terrible... a store clerk in Washington says she recalls a pregnant woman, very beautiful, told her that she was kidnapped... but she forgot to call the police. This was about a month ago. If this story is true, the office clerk probably got this poor woman killed. (Read on, you'll know what I mean) I cannot believe she did not run when she had the chance, in a public supermarket!

http://fox40.trb.com...s...ktxl-news-1

#2 kanda

kanda

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 08:03 PM

Looks like it was probably made up:
http://www.cnn.com/2...oman/index.html

"After reviewing dozens of hours of videotape Friday, police here discounted a store clerk's claim that she might have seen Laci Peterson..."

Ken

#3 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 08:35 PM

hope she's still alive, but in most cases it's not. Scotty did it.

#4 OctoberLily

OctoberLily

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Interests:My interests vary. However, they focus mainly on my husband and children. Getting my boys through college and creating a good life for themselves. I enjoy anything creative, artistic and thought provoking. Music ranges from Andrea Boccelli to some hiphop groups. I enjoy dancing, singing and life in general. Former U.S. Marine - pretty conservative in my opinions but always open to listening to what others have to say.

Posted 23 February 2003 - 11:43 PM

I agree Cyber. . .

He sure doesn't act like he's missing a wife or a baby.

The fact that he went to San Diego on the premise of helping to locate Laci and then ended up attending the Super Bowl truly disgust me.

Personally, I have a gut feeling he is involved in her disappearance. I mean, who joins an exclusive country club when you are on the verge of bankruptcy? It's also too much of a coincidence that he buys an insurance policy on his wife and then she disappears soon after. I believe that the insurance policy on his wife has a lot to do with her disappearance.

All of his media appearances seem to purposeful and they reflect only one thing ~ he's trying to save face and boost his image. He doesn't seem to genuinely miss his wife or his baby in any of his interviews.

Very suspicious indeed.
"The only thing we can take with us from this life is the good that we have done to others."

"Our strength will be found in our charity." [Betty J. Eadie]

"Being a mom is the most rewarding job I have ever had!"

"SEMPER FIDELIS! USMC"

#5 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 11:49 PM

OMG, He went to the Super Bowl????? What a jerk. This guy is either soooo guilty or just a major league a-hole, or both. I cannot believe he flew to the Super Bowl when his pregnant wife has been missing for a month. censored.gif

#6 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 24 February 2003 - 07:41 AM

Circumstances point to Scotty, no concrete evidences yet. We all know he did it.

#7 NRB

NRB

Superstar

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Interests:Secretary, FIDO Inc. (Folsom Independent Dog Owners) dedicated to bringing a dog park to Folsom and promoting responsible dog ownership. www.fidoinc.org <br /><br />Secretary, Friends of Folsom Parkways

Posted 24 February 2003 - 11:43 AM

I don't like to speculate on someones guilt or innocence especially when we all know that the media has a habit of flooding our TV's, radios and newspapers with alot of "speculation" and "sensationalism" but not necessarily alot of facts. I certaily hope he had nothing to do with it as I'm sure we all do. As far as the life insurance policy goes...My husband recently took out an insurance policy on me, at my request! I am very adimant about him staying home with the kids for a full year if anything should ever happen to me. It's very important to me that he can be there for my children for emotional support and to help them through the grieving process. The purpose of the policy is to pay for all of the funeral/burial costs and at least a years salary. Losing a loved one is hard enough without having to worry about money or having to go back to work right away! If I ever disappeared I would hate to think that people would assume his guilt over this matter!
Just my two cents!
Want a dog park in Folsom?
Go to www.FIDO Inc.org

#8 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 12:58 PM

I agree with you NRB, the media does tend to jump all over people, sometimes making them look guilty (classic example, Richard Jewel in the 1996 Olympics). At first, I really gave him the benefit of the doubt. Being the husband of a pregnant mom-to-be made me feel like he may have been unfairly portrayed.

But I no longer feel that way... what kind of person would sell the truck, put the house up for sale less than a month after she goes missing. What kind of jerk goes to the Super Bowl during this. He seems quite indifferent to all of it and I don't trust him as far as I can throw him. Plus he cheated on his wife and she found out about it days before...? This guy looks pretty guilty to me. I pray he has nothing to do with it and is still alive, but it doesn't look good she'll even show up at all...

#9 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 01:22 PM

I agree with that. Speculation and sensationalism is the way for the media to get an edge on readership. However, usually there are certain amount of true to most news. Scotty so far looks pretty bad....

#10 OctoberLily

OctoberLily

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Interests:My interests vary. However, they focus mainly on my husband and children. Getting my boys through college and creating a good life for themselves. I enjoy anything creative, artistic and thought provoking. Music ranges from Andrea Boccelli to some hiphop groups. I enjoy dancing, singing and life in general. Former U.S. Marine - pretty conservative in my opinions but always open to listening to what others have to say.

Posted 27 February 2003 - 11:19 AM

There is a book out entitled, "Bias in Mass Media".

I think that mass media should be held responsible for all their speculation, misinterpretation and misrepresentation of the news. Unfortunately, that probably will not happen soon enough.

Remember the presidential election when they proclaimed Gore as the winner? Sometimes, you have to take what they say with a grain of salt and take what you want from the news.
"The only thing we can take with us from this life is the good that we have done to others."

"SEMPER FIDELIS! USMC"

#11 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 09:00 PM

THe latest from Sacbee.com

Peterson case is now homicide investigation

BEE STAFF REPORTS

Published 4:13 p.m. PST Wednesday, March 5, 2003

Modesto police said Wednesday the Laci Peterson case has evolved into a homicide investigation.
Also, a $50,000 reward is being offered for information leading to finding her body. Soon after the 27-year-old Modesto woman was reported missing on Dec. 24, a $500,000 reward was offered for information leading to her safe recovery. Peterson was eight months pregnant when her stepfather reported her missing Christmas Eve.

"As the investigation has progressed we have increasingly come to believe that Laci Peterson is the victim of a violent crime," Detective Craig Grogan said. "This investigation began as a missing person case and we all were hopeful that Laci would return home safely. However, we have come to consider this a homicide case."

#12 OctoberLily

OctoberLily

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 08:35 AM

The latest news about Laci Peterson is very sad. The world has lost two beautiful spirits. Hopefully, they are in a better place right now and in peace.

"SEMPER FIDELIS! USMC"

#13 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 15 April 2003 - 06:21 AM

Posted on Tue, Apr. 15, 2003

Bodies of woman, fetus found
LACI PETERSON CASE: POLICE SEARCH FOR LINKS TO MISSING MODESTO WOMAN
By Linda Goldston, Yomi S. Wronge and Crystal Carreon
Mercury News

(Jim Gensheimer / Mercury News)

Law enforcement officials and the Contra Costa County coroners remove the remains of a body found at Point Isabel Regional Park.

The search for Laci Peterson took a dramatic turn Monday with the discovery of a badly decomposed female body along the shore near Richmond, about a mile from where a hiker on Sunday found a full-term fetus about the age of the missing Modesto woman's unborn son.

Police from Richmond and Peterson's hometown of Modesto swarmed the narrow beach at Point Isabel Regional Shoreline in the wake of the grim discovery, looking for evidence that the body is that of the 27-year-old substitute teacher who was eight months pregnant when she disappeared on Christmas Eve. Authorities said it could be days before tests determine whether the bodies that washed ashore were those of Peterson and her baby.

Sources told the Contra Costa Times that the woman's body was missing its head and legs. The sources also said maternity undergarments were on the body -- although a Contra Costa County sheriff's spokesman disputed that.

News of the discovery reverberated from the Bay Area to Modesto, where Peterson's parents posted a sign on their front door asking for privacy, to Southern California, where her in-laws still support her husband, Scott, as suspicion swirls around him.

Nationwide headlines

Revelations that Scott Peterson was having an affair helped propel her disappearance into national headlines, and a $500,000 reward offer for her safe return generated thousands of tips from across the world. Scott Peterson told police that he took a solo fishing trip to the Berkeley Marina and Brooks Island near Richmond on the day his pregnant wife vanished from Modesto.

Scott Peterson was not home Monday night and couldn't be reached for comment, but his mother, Jackie Peterson, said she broke the news to him after learning about the bodies from a reporter.

``He's just trying to get through the day and be positive about things,'' said Jackie Peterson, who said Scott told her he would continue to post fliers and not give up his mission to find his missing wife and the first-born child they planned to name Connor.

On Monday, Modesto investigators flew by helicopter to Point Isabel about two hours after a woman walking her dog spotted the body lying chest down, just up from the waterline, among concrete slabs designed to buffer the shore from erosion.

``It's not a pretty sight,'' said Norman Lapera, chief of East Bay Regional Park District Police, who said the remains were skeletal with some flesh attached.

He said the body recovered Monday appeared to have been in the water for some time.

``At the point where we looked at the victim and said it appeared not to be a man, we thought it prudent to contact Modesto PD,'' Lapera said.

Modesto Police Chief Roy W. Wasden would say only, ``We know there have been two bodies recovered, an adult and an infant.''

Nothing more found

Police with two search dogs combed the shoreline for about an hour Monday evening but called off the hunt without finding anything more.

``I feel confident that everything that's there, we've recovered,'' Lapera said. ``But there's no way of knowing what Mother Nature will do.''

Dog paw prints dotted the wind-whipped trail atop a 6-foot-high ledge that overlooks the spot where the dog walker found the body.

The spot offers panoramic views of Point Richmond, the Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco's skyline, and nearby Brooks Island.

On Sunday, about 1 1/4 mile north of Point Isabel, a man walking found the body of a full-term or near-full-term fetus near Point Richmond, said Sgt. Enos Johnson, spokesman for the Richmond Police Department.

The fetus's body was taken to the Contra Costa County Coroner's Office for an autopsy Sunday.

Johnson said he couldn't confirm reports that the umbilical cord was still attached. ``I saw a picture and I didn't seen an umbilical cord,'' he said, ``but then the body was very badly decomposed.''

In his 29 years with the Richmond police, Johnson said, he had seen hundreds of bodies wash ashore, from boating accidents to suicides to murders. Nothing stood out about this one.

``This is a big, busy bay. The water can sometimes send a body back and forth over rocks. By the time it washes up, it can look pretty bad.''

Searches came up empty

Investigators had come up empty in previous searches near the Berkeley Marina during the four-month hunt for Laci Peterson.

Sonar equipment detected a promising lead in January, but divers discovered it was an old anchor.

Modesto police called off a search of Brooks Island on March 13 because of bad weather.

Scott Peterson has remained the main focus of Modesto police. Investigators removed dozens of bags of evidence from the Petersons' home on Feb. 18 but refused to divulge what, if anything, they found.

What happens next with this Central Valley mystery continues to grip people around the country. From Modesto to Maine, dozens signed on Monday to a Web site dedicated to Laci Peterson's disappearance to offer their prayers and speculate whether Scott Peterson was involved.

His parents insisted he wasn't.

Jackie Peterson, who lives in the San Diego area, said she believes Laci is the victim of a kidnapping, not a homicide.

``It's not just a feeling, I'm a realist,'' she said. ``To date there is no evidence that Laci is dead or that that is her body. I don't think there is a connection to Laci at all.

``There are several missing pregnant women in that area,'' she said. ``I'm sorry for whoever it is. I'm sorry for their loved ones. I don't believe it's possible that it's Laci.

``It would just break my son's heart.''

#14 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 19 April 2003 - 03:10 PM

Hang Him High!!!!
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#15 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 20 April 2003 - 03:24 PM

He got arrested...... I knew he did it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users