53 replies to this topic

#16 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:55 AM

Let 'em go to Vegas, they wore out their welcome in my book a long time ago.

Why? What kind of statement is that? What did the team ever do to you that they "wore out their welcome?" I really don't understand the small-minded mentality that is so pervasive in the Sacramento region. I also don't understand why people like nomad seem to think they know what they Maloofs think. Very weird buncha people that live here.

#17 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:39 PM

Why? What kind of statement is that? What did the team ever do to you that they "wore out their welcome?" I really don't understand the small-minded mentality that is so pervasive in the Sacramento region. I also don't understand why people like nomad seem to think they know what they Maloofs think. Very weird buncha people that live here.

It's a personal opinion kind of statement. What kind of statement did you think it was?
Personally, I object to being insulted, just because you might be a Kings Fan, doesn't mean anyone that isn't is small-minded.
I would rather be Backpacking

#18 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:47 PM

So you have to be an open-minded person to be a Kings fan? Yeah that sounds about right!

Funny people call you weird for expressing an opinion.

#19 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:55 PM

It's a personal opinion kind of statement. What kind of statement did you think it was?

Have you ever been to a King's game or watched them play on TV?
- just curious

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#20 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:52 PM

So you have to be an open-minded person to be a Kings fan? Yeah that sounds about right!

Funny people call you weird for expressing an opinion.

You wrote the following: "Because the Maloof's don't really care, they wouldn't mind moving the team to Vegas or someplace else."

That is not an opinion. It's a childish insult coupled with an assertion of facts you can't possibly justify. So yeah, I would classify that as small-minded.

#21 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:16 PM

You wrote the following: "Because the Maloof's don't really care, they wouldn't mind moving the team to Vegas or someplace else."

That is not an opinion. It's a childish insult coupled with an assertion of facts you can't possibly justify. So yeah, I would classify that as small-minded.

Who exactly does that statement insult?

#22 texson

texson

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:fishing, camping, snow skiing, my wife

Posted 30 September 2010 - 05:14 PM

Adios...viva las vegas! or wherever they wind up!

#23 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:09 PM

Adios...viva las vegas! or wherever they wind up!

Why would you want them to leave - the arena situation notwithstanding? What harm otherwise can you possibly conjure up that they inflict? Probably useless questions since you're obviously a troll.

#24 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:15 PM

Why would you want them to leave - the arena situation notwithstanding? What harm otherwise can you possibly conjure up that they inflict? Probably useless questions since you're obviously a troll.

I'm gonna take a guess that these folks have not not and will never watch or attend any basketball game anyways, that's why they don't care about any team being here in Sacto.

I'm not even a big fan of basketball but I've had some good times going to a few games and I like having a local team here

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#25 texson

texson

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:11 PM

wow, hello to you too C_vanderwhatever, i guess opinions count only if they agree with you. i dont consider myself a troll since i have been posting for a little while now, and havent posted one thing and left. but i can see how people dont really want to stick around this site because if they dont agree with an almighty "superposter" such as youself,then they get bullied out or called hurtful things like "troll!" As for the Kings, maybe i just dont like basketball, maybe i dont agree with the way the kings have been run, recruiting and personnel issues. maybe too many of our youth are idolizing too many overpaid street thugs throwing a ball around! Or..maybe, just maybe, someone just flat out doesnt agree with your opinion! have a nice day your highness "c-vandernerd"

#26 texson

texson

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:15 PM

Wow, hey c_vandersleep, i just realized you were 31, and do civil war reenactments. i APOLOGIZE, maybe if i had realized you like to wear "historical" uniforms and play war instead of actually doing it and served, i would have slacked off a little.
Signed your new troll friend

#27 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:18 PM

I've been to several Kings games. Good times and bad times. Usually drop a few Hundred $$$ on the whole evening. My choice. What I don't like is when they start looking to use taxpayer dollars to finance a stadium for the profit of the Maloofs. Now, like it was mentioned, if the city is an equal partner and receives equal revenue, that might be something to look at. Especially when you finance the deal with tourism dollars. My problem, and my problem only, with the deal is when the taxpayers foot the bill and the Maloofs live high on the hog because of it. So, if a deal is made that the city receives revenue from the parking, ticket fees, concessions, etc. at an equal amount, I don't think anything like that sounds too bad.

#28 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:18 PM

wow, hello to you too C_vanderwhatever, i guess opinions count only if they agree with you. i dont consider myself a troll since i have been posting for a little while now, and havent posted one thing and left. but i can see how people dont really want to stick around this site because if they dont agree with and almighty "superposter" such as youself!As for the Kings, maybe i just dont like basketball, maybe i dont agree with the way the kings have been run, recruiting and personnel issues. maybe too many of our youth are holding the overpaid thugs from the street. Or..maybe, just maybe, someone just flat out doesnt agree with your opinion! have a nice day your highness "c-vandernerd"

+1. He seems to have a soft spot for the Kings. I would bet he's a season ticket holder who is not too thrilled with his investment over the last, what, 10 years since they did anything good??

I've been to several games, mostly on free tickets. It's over-priced for sure but kinda fun. Except for the time these punk thugs behind us were dropping F bombs the entire game and me and my buddy had our 8 yr olds there. Yeah that was a good time. What a great family event that was.

#29 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:12 PM

wow, hello to you too C_vanderwhatever, i guess opinions count only if they agree with you. i dont consider myself a troll since i have been posting for a little while now, and havent posted one thing and left. but i can see how people dont really want to stick around this site because if they dont agree with an almighty "superposter" such as youself,then they get bullied out or called hurtful things like "troll!" As for the Kings, maybe i just dont like basketball, maybe i dont agree with the way the kings have been run, recruiting and personnel issues. maybe too many of our youth are idolizing too many overpaid street thugs throwing a ball around! Or..maybe, just maybe, someone just flat out doesnt agree with your opinion! have a nice day your highness "c-vandernerd"

dude, how old are you? 15?

#30 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:59 PM

dude, how old are you? 15?

But you are ok with cvaderveen calling another person a troll because they expressed an opinion and may not like the Kings? He even said I made a childish insult. He never said WHO I insulted, he just hurled mean spirited words at me.

What gives? Is there some secret "Kings fan" club that gets bashed for not being a true fan??

I think this board is more tense about the Kings than all of Sac.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users