36 replies to this topic

#31 Folsom_Neighbor

Folsom_Neighbor

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE(hopeanelli @ Dec 13 2008, 03:07 PM) View Post
I agree with you Darth, Albert and his wife are hard working people and they are there every day always pleasant. He is a kick actually once you get to know him. It's not intending to be a full on liquor store, people come in constantly asking for hard alcohol so he wants to service the community... Yes people in Lexington Hills like their booze.. I live in Lexington Hills and love having that store there its great when I need something quickly and I know when I go in there it will be a little more expensive but that is why it's a convienence store.

I don't know all the particulars but doesn't the city or county generate some money from it... it's a good thing. Relax it will be ok just a couple trying to make a go of it in these hard times.

Who is Albert? The person applying for the permit is Sukhdev Singh.

#32 firemedic238

firemedic238

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:53 AM

Time for a reality check!!
As some of you know, I have worked in neighborhoods that I can safely say none of you have ever lived in (east Oakland, Richmond) or would ever even drive though! I now work in a very rich area and the problem is the same.
Then number on problem in the “hood” is good old beer. Beer is the number one substance by far. Beer is cheap and easy to get. The only time we see hard alcohol are the old times with their bottle a night gin habit or the kid that breaks into the liquor cabinet and that’s a one timer most of the time. Most of the old timers are “pro’s “so we don’t see them often .They stay home and drink, fall asleep, wake up and do it all over the next night.
As for the War on Drugs, and “just say no” Well that’s another subject! Watch the Showtime show WEEDS the first season. It pretty close to what’s happening out there.

Just a few thoughts
So pass around the Codine and valium and the other great drugs your Doc’s give you (problem #1) wash it down with a Lockdown brew and call it a day.
Have fun
The Firemedic

#33 fojimo

fojimo

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (jafount @ Dec 13 2008, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
transporting used grease? Seriously. How many people knew that was illegal?

one mans trash is another mans treasure!
the oil was not transported it was stolen from behind restaurants
do you know WHY the grease was stolen? the answer to that alone will tell you why it was stolen or "transported" in the first place. taking anything that doesnt belong to you is stealing. any type of stealing is illegal. so yeah most of us, if not all, do know it is illegal.

#34 fojimo

fojimo

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (Folsom_Neighbor @ Dec 16 2008, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who is Albert? The person applying for the permit is Sukhdev Singh.
i was wondering the samething. only the name i know him as is sukhdeep singh. the name on his credit card when he shops where i work. nice man. trying to stay above the water and just make a living. i hope he does get his licence and i agree with the other poster that said trouble comes more from beer and more easily afforable alcohols unless of course he uses that licence to sell md 2020 or something boons farmish.

#35 PathFinder

PathFinder

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (Folsom_Neighbor @ Dec 12 2008, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just an FYI that the convenience store in the strip mall at South Lexington and Oak Ave Parkway has applied for a permit to sell hard liquor (they can only sell beer and wine now). The notice from the city (attached) just calls it a liquor store so it's not clear if they will convert the whole store or not. This will be discussed at the planning commission meeting on Wed, Dec 17 at 6:30pm. If you can’t attend the meeting, please call the project planner to voice your concerns. The city counts every call and it will be reported to the planning commission. The project planner is Lisbet Gullone, 916-355-7364, lgullone@folsom.ca.us.

It's the Food Store and the owner(s) are just trying to scrape by...
PathFinder!

#36 HiC

HiC

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:I am a Christian who loves basketball, golf and baseball (go Giants).

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE (jafount @ Dec 14 2008, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
he didnt he had permission from restaurant management. He even brought the car over to show them how everything worked and they were fascinated.

The guy took all the appropriate steps in advance and even went over there during the day. This was a political homicide, not career suicide.

DA dropped the "misappropriation" charge because of this fact.

Sacramento Rendering company changed their procedure AFTER this situation so they now pay the restaurant to take used grease. When this happened, the restaurant paid them to haul it away.

So...bearing these facts in mind, I ask again...should the "time" for transporting used grease be losing your career? If you say yes, you lack humanity.

Glad to see that someone else has the correct information on this case. This cop is an ethical guy who did the right thing and got railroaded. I know him and I know the situation. He would never do something that is outside the law or below his lofty ethical standards. For people to slam him for what they think is right is just plain wrong. It helps to know the whole story before you cast stones. This is a tragic incident with political implications. It often seems that some people revel in the misery of others and that's just plain sad.

Sorry for my recent rant. I had not been into this section for quite some time and I just realized how old these posts were.

#37 GCM

GCM

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:19 AM

get over it guys! Albert is a cool dude and is a good person. He has every right to sell liquor and I'm glad he does! I'm sick of all this 19th Amendment Prohibition crap still going on with liquor licenses. When I was a kid, I would build bike jumps in the fields and go to the Lexington Food Mart and get hydrated. If you think about it, whether they sell liquor or not, people are gonna buy their booze regardless. Why not have it be local? support our local economy? prohibition tactics do not work because the basic fact that people drink alcohol. didn't work in the 20's, not gonna work now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users