30 replies to this topic

#1 PathFinder

PathFinder

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 11:20 PM

I was walking around Oak Chan during the day time and stumbled upon a very bizarre looking symbol...

I found it on the backboard of one of the basketball hoops on the court. From what I could see it was a giant "A" inside a circle. Similar to the Anarchy symbol, but with some extra lines added to it. I wasn't able to take a picture, but if anyone else could go check this symbol out, please get back to me. I am curious to know if this means anything...

Thank You.
PathFinder!

#2 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:18 AM

QUOTE (PathFinder @ Jul 9 2009, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was walking around Oak Chan during the day time and stumbled upon a very bizarre looking symbol...

I found it on the backboard of one of the basketball hoops on the court. From what I could see it was a giant "A" inside a circle. Similar to the Anarchy symbol, but with some extra lines added to it. I wasn't able to take a picture, but if anyone else could go check this symbol out, please get back to me. I am curious to know if this means anything...

Thank You.

I think you should call the PD and let them know. Graffiti abatement 355-7229.

#3 SunshineServices

SunshineServices

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:27 AM

Kids will be kids.
When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace.

Jimi Hendrix

#4 glad2Bme

glad2Bme

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:51 AM

Thank You.

hey ducky,

Here is a site with symbols......does anything look familiar? I've never even seen the anarchy symbol before. I hope this helps: http://www.crossroad...s/symbols1.html

#5 dori2u

dori2u

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:30 AM

That's what makes Oak Chan a great school. Even the graffiti is top notch.

#6 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:36 AM

My bet is some stupid kid who doesn't know the Anarchy symbol.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#7 Inwit

Inwit

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:22 AM

I haven't seen it, but if someone drew a Peace symbol, and then someone drew the Anarchy symbol over it, that would match the description of an Anarchy symbol with extra lines in it.
n. 1. Inward sense; mind; understanding; conscience.

#8 PathFinder

PathFinder

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (Inwit @ Jul 9 2009, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't seen it, but if someone drew a Peace symbol, and then someone drew the Anarchy symbol over it, that would match the description of an Anarchy symbol with extra lines in it.

No, no, I should be more specific...
The lines were added at the bottom of the symbol of the "A". There were two lines coming from it.

I can't really explain it, so you are going to have to take a gander for yourselves, or I might try to upload a picture of it later. If anyone goes to check it out please tell me what you think. It's very bizarre!
PathFinder!

#9 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (ducky @ Jul 9 2009, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you should call the PD and let them know. Graffiti abatement 355-7229.

Actually, you should call the school. The City of Folsom shouldn't have the expense of cleaning up graffiti on Folsom-Cordova school property.

#10 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:13 PM

Thank You.

If you are so fascinated by this you should check out the bizarre symbols that are all over Stockton, those taggers and gang bangers are really creative and mysterious with their writings.
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#11 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (Terry @ Jul 11 2009, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, you should call the school. The City of Folsom shouldn't have the expense of cleaning up graffiti on Folsom-Cordova school property.

Graffiti abatement doesn't come clean it up. My understanding is they are interested in documenting it (photographically) It would also alert them to gangs in the area if it turned out to be a gang sign.

#12 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 11 July 2009 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE (glad2Bme @ Jul 9 2009, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is a site with symbols......does anything look familiar? I've never even seen the anarchy symbol before. I hope this helps: http://www.crossroad...s/symbols1.html

Wow, the rest of that site is rather... strident.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#13 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 05:35 PM

Oh No, is the Old Parkway becoming the new Folsom Ghetto! Say it ain't so....Devil worshippers, gang bangers, anarchists...etc etc etc
Americans, don't just come in one color or race.

#14 PathFinder

PathFinder

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 06:30 PM

I got the picture...

(Click for bigger size)

Attached Files

• Attached File  l.JPG   16.12K   86 downloads

PathFinder!

#15 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (PathFinder @ Jul 11 2009, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got the picture...

(Click for bigger size)

buwahahahaa!
that was simply a very lame attempt to draw the anarchy symbol while hanging from a basketball hoop

but its ok, it was all just good innocent teenagers playing after dark having fun in our schools and parks tongue.gif

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users