• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:18 PM

We decided to try out a new place tonight. After checking out a movie at Regal Cinemas in EDH, we went to visit Debbie Wong's, over by the new Nugget Market.

It was a Sunday night, probably around 7:00, and we were literally the only ones there, the entire time we ate. The place looked very clean however, and in the mood for Chinese, so we took a seat. We got the impression the place was brand new, as it was spotless, but no customers. Turns out they've been here 6 years! Go figure. Sounds like they have a decent weekday crowd with all the travelers.

Annie's a big vegetable fan so she had some sort of Eggplant veggie dish, while I had the Mu Shu Pork. We both enjoyed our dishes very much. My dish was short on the pancakes, but that seems to be the case every time I order Mu Shu Pork.

Demerits for the TV being on in the back table (I mean, seriously, move it to the kitchen and keep it down), but the food was good, we'll be back. Good place to grab a bite before/after a movie.

#2 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 06:35 AM

I honestly don't know how they pay the mortgage, overhead, employees, etc. I have always wondered about that place because othern than an occasional lunch rush, the place is dead.

#3 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:19 AM

We liked that place until my husband got food posioning there....We had usually eaten there during lunch time...Then one day we decided to go there on a Sat. and had to wait for them to open the restaurant 10 minutes late...Well, he must have had something that was left out the night before or maybe someone didn't wash their hands and by the time he got home he was vomiting profusely....
So Debbie Wong was wrong that day.....
Americans, don't just come in one color or race.

#4 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE(asbestoshills @ Jul 21 2008, 08:19 AM) View Post
We liked that place until my husband got food posioning there....We had usually eaten there during lunch time...Then one day we decided to go there on a Sat. and had to wait for them to open the restaurant 10 minutes late...Well, he must have had something that was left out the night before or maybe someone didn't wash their hands and by the time he got home he was vomiting profusely....

what did they say when you called and told them about this?

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#5 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE(asbestoshills @ Jul 21 2008, 08:19 AM) View Post

Food poisoning typically takes 4 to 6 hours to set in. If your husband got sick right after leaving the resutaurant, it may have been what he ate for breakfast or something else that caused his problem.
I would rather be Backpacking

#6 EDH Jen

EDH Jen

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE(palango @ Jul 21 2008, 07:35 AM) View Post
I honestly don't know how they pay the mortgage, overhead, employees, etc. I have always wondered about that place because othern than an occasional lunch rush, the place is dead.

They do quite well at lunch, as I understand it. Several of my co-workers (we're in the EDH Business Park) go there frequently.

#7 555

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:34 PM

We love the place. rolleyes.gif Some of the best Chinese food in the Sacramento area. They have awesome General Chicken. Probably the 2nd best in the metro area (to me) -- only slightly behind Lucky Dragon near American River Canyon in Folsom.

I think the place does a lot of take-out. I have NEVER eaten in there. We always do take-out. Maybe that explains the crowds, although I have noticed random spikes of people in there on certain nights. It is usually pretty quiet in there though. I really hope they make it though. South EDH needs a good Chinese place. We did go to the other Chinese place over off Francisco and thought their food was only mediocre. unsure.gif

#8 MSgt

MSgt

Living Legend

• 3,405 posts
  • Interests:Camping
    Reading
    Fishing
    Read and discuss about spiritual matters

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:59 AM

We eat lunch at Debbie Wongs all the time. Three or four of us are always going over there from work. It is pretty full during week days at lunch time. The food is pretty good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users