#31 kellismom

kellismom

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (stacycam @ Jul 8 2009, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am sooooooo sick and tired of this freaking entitlement generation. I'm disgusted right now.

I'm with you stacycam. I think I want to sue this woman and the Kemper guy (or whatever his name is) for annoying me with their frivolous lawsuits. They're wasting time and money of others--and for what when they can simply communicate with the owners/administrators in a mature manner rather than going straight for the jugular. Yes, it's sad that they're disabled, but obviously they are also bored and looking to blame others for their disabilities. Get over it already.

angry.gif

#32 legofamily

legofamily

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:Reading
    Hiking
    Photography
    Sports
    Science

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:27 PM

I can sympathize with handicapped individuals, but why should they receive money from these lawsuits. Is this lady more important than every other handicapped patron of this or any other business? I don't feel it is fair for owners to lose their businesses over these types of lawsuits. There has to be a better way. I think a good process would be to have a system, where if a complaint is filed against a business, an individual could be appointed to visit the business in question and find out if a solution is possible or if the complaint is viable or not. Business owners should be given ample time to find funds and comply with ADA standards.

#33 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (legofamily @ Jul 8 2009, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can sympathize with handicapped individuals, but why should they receive money from these lawsuits. Is this lady more important than every other handicapped patron of this or any other business? I don't feel it is fair for owners to lose their businesses over these types of lawsuits. There has to be a better way. I think a good process would be to have a system, where if a complaint is filed against a business, an individual could be appointed to visit the business in question and find out if a solution is possible or if the complaint is viable or not. Business owners should be given ample time to find funds and comply with ADA standards.

I like that solution much better then handing over wads of cash to the lawsuit happy plaintiff

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#34 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:49 PM

Well, eliminating this kind of abuse of the law will be one of my campaign issues when I run for state assembly.

#35 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:12 AM

Squeeze Inn to close:
http://www.news10.ne...x?storyid=62889

#36 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:06 PM

Looks like he will try to find a new location-
I think most of these ADA lawsuits stink - but not more than those that file them... The B can go through a Burger King Drive though - or just die

http://www.sacbee.co...ry/2013324.html

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#37 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:13 PM

The sad fact is it is cheaper to close up business, send several workers to unemployment, loss of business to vendors (meat, cheese, produce, restaurant supplies etc). Oh god the whole CA Diary association will be hard hit with this.

The only positive thing from this is parking for the next door businesses will be better but that is it. This women will still fail to get a burger there with ADA compliant wheelchair access so everyone loses.

Time for a riddle - What do you call 1 million lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

#38 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (eVader @ Jul 9 2009, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Time for a riddle - What do you call 1 million lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

A good start!
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#39 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (mylo @ Jul 9 2009, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A good start!

I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate bottom feeding scumbag lawyers that support bogus lawsuits!

I hope moving the biz means they do not have to pay the plaintiff a single penny, if so there is a serious injustice going on here

#40 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:19 PM

I think she (and her lawyer) should be required to buy the building and renovate it.

#41 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (mylo @ Jul 9 2009, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think she (and her lawyer) should be required to buy the building and renovate it.

that would seem completely fair, or they should at least make some sort of contribution since they're so concerned

#42 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (davburr @ Jul 9 2009, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that would seem completely fair, or they should at least make some sort of contribution since they're so concerned

Or at least they should be accountable for blight and vagrancy. The city should also be able to sue them for the loss of tax revenue, which I'm sure is quantifiable.

#43 stacycam

stacycam

blah blah blah

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:59 PM

Well, at least the lawyer and the "plaintiff" (is that better than gold-digger?) will not see any money out of this. I'm sure they will find somebody else to screw over, though.

#44 a little bean

a little bean

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (eVader @ Jul 9 2009, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The sad fact is it is cheaper to close up business, send several workers to unemployment, loss of business to vendors (meat, cheese, produce, restaurant supplies etc). Oh god the whole CA Diary association will be hard hit with this.

The only positive thing from this is parking for the next door businesses will be better but that is it. This women will still fail to get a burger there with ADA compliant wheelchair access so everyone loses.

The article said that he was simply going to change locations. No one is going to be out of work. Oh the drama!!

#45 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE (mylo @ Jul 9 2009, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or at least they should be accountable for blight and vagrancy. The city should also be able to sue them for the loss of tax revenue, which I'm sure is quantifiable.

Can I sue them for making me unable to get my Squeeze Inn fix at the location to which I have a severe emotional attachment? Or if they don't reopen, can I sue because she's taken away my Squeeze?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users