639 replies to this topic

#601 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 03:29 PM

Why would the email from the B&N guy only have his first name ?? Seems odd.

I don't think they are coming...if so it would be widely known by *official* people and publicized bigtime. There would be no reason to keep it a secret.

Bet you a beer. :drink:

#602 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:32 PM

Wow....Funny...Well the fourth option is to go find out for yourself and then apologize for your rudness towards me....or wait till it opens and apologize to me...Either way at the end you will be apologizing for your comments....

Yeah, predicted this reply. It's no wonder everyone had moved to Folsom Chat and Folsom Watch. These days everyone is "offended" even with the slightest bit of sarcasm. It's no wonder that there are only like 10 people who post here now. 

#603 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:54 PM

Disappointed to hear the Barnes & Noble might not be coming to Folsom.

Is Sports Authority really leaving, too?

#604 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:17 PM

Found out today that Sleep Number Systems is adding a store next to AT&T.... and I did talk to the construction people that are working on the Barnes and Noble and was able to verify that as well... It's finally looking like a mall.

Thank you

Where is the B&N located? Between Jakes & ATT?

I'm sending an email to all 3 of the contacts at the Palladio leasing department for confirmation. http://gopalladio.com/leasing/contact

#605 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:25 PM

You know, it's rather funny....we've had many discussions in the past on this forum about whether the use of nicknames vs real names changes the poster's attitude/behavior. But now that many people are active in Facebook chats, it's quite clear that using one's real name does not always guarantee respect or kindness. It's a much deeper issue.

People are going to be rude, because that's just them.

#606 Folsomsince73

Folsomsince73

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:50 AM

B&N is going in between Jakes Desserts and the New Sleep Number store...with the big curved section in the center...just as someone had said last year....

Yeah, predicted this reply. It's no wonder everyone had moved to Folsom Chat and Folsom Watch. These days everyone is "offended" even with the slightest bit of sarcasm. It's no wonder that there are only like 10 people who post here now. 

#607 Folsomsince73

Folsomsince73

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:56 AM

Yeah I am sure you did...but calling someone a liar because they have nothing better to do or because they like to stir the sh** pot isnt the right thing to do....but I guess thats how you like to live your life...this board is for discussion and news...not a chat line...All I did was discover some new news and reported it...I didnt even rumor the information... I got confirmation before I even posted it.... and as for not having in the information about construction the buildings already been built, all the work going on inside is tenant improvements so you need to contact the right people for the right information...

#608 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:38 PM

Is Sports Authority really leaving, too?

I've seen reports of all 25 Texas stores closing, 3 in CO, 2 in Omaha, and 1 in Redding. I haven't yet seen anything about the Folsom store.

#609 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:47 PM

Sports Authority bankruptcy

http://consumerist.c...-as-next-month/

And with Dick's Sporting Goods coming to Folsom, not sure who survives in the long run.

#610 granto

granto

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:58 AM

Sports Authority bankruptcy

http://consumerist.c...-as-next-month/

And with Dick's Sporting Goods coming to Folsom, not sure who survives in the long run.

Comes down to if the Folsom store is making money it will stay.  They expanded on debt which does not work well in the long run.

#611 Folsomsince73

Folsomsince73

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:19 PM

I CONFIRMATION FROM BARNES & NOBLE....

The reality is, it's all about how you ask for information. So I will take that apology that I have coming to me along with the beer that was offered to me... And now for what I sent and what I got back.....
Hello there... I was trying to get some information about employment at your new location opening in Folsom California at 280 Palladio Parkway at the Palladio Mall. Can you please assist me in the location for job opportunities. . Thank You....

Tim

Tim

Thank you for expressing interest in opportunities for our new store, which will be opening later this year. We will soon be posting our manager roles for the store and later will be posting the remainder of the staff. All of our jobs will be posted on our website www.bn.com/storecareers. Is there a particular type of role that you are looking for? While you will still have to apply online, I can at least send your information to the district manager.

-- Kevin

Kevin Vilke
Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Sr. Director Field HR, EEO Officer
120 Fifth Avenue, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10011
(o) 212.352.3695 (f) 212.727.4890
kvilke@bn.com | bn.com | nook.com

#612 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:44 PM

Yeah, my reason for doubting it was the fact that some local "officials" didn't seem to know about it and we've heard nothing publicly about it, which is odd. But I guess those officials didn't know about it because they are too busy being wined & dined (bribed) by the fat-cat developers who will be adding 10,000 homes South of 50, even though we don't have an additional water source, which is required by law.

OK, now it makes sense. We have a City Council that is a collection of incompetent, corrupt, lazy bums.

Also, I never called you a liar...I only use that word when referring to Hillary Clinton.

Yes, it sounds like I owe you a beer.

#613 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 08:01 AM

Thanks for tracking down that answer, Folsomsince73.

That's good news to me.

#614 maestro

maestro

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:08 PM

The current official advertisement by the current mayor is that south of 50 will be developed at the rate of 600 houses per year.      Info was sent to Steve Heard for his information.      The 27,000 house quote from the city [and reported publicly by 

Al Jazeera News Agency] appears to have vanished mysteriously.      

Is change filtering down?

#615 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 03:11 PM

I got a very uncommited response from the national retail broker, David Sorenson. 

"It is definitely our goal to bring more retailers and restaurants to the Palladio which will recreat added excitement in the community. We are working on a number of things which will make 2016 a great year for the Palladio at Broadstone. Some of those we will be able to announce in the next few months."

Sounds like Folsomsince73 already got the scoop. :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users