10 replies to this topic

#1 KB_3417

KB_3417

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:20 AM

Hi all!

First, to start off my name is Kevin. I reside in Elk Grove ( Old Elk Grove), I currently serve in the United States Army Reserves and my civilian occupation is Vision Service Plan (VSP). I'm 22 and engaged and looking to move into my first place! My job is currently located in Rancho Cordova but there is a 95% chance that we will be moving to Folsom in November of this year (building behind Folsom Outlets). My current position does not pay me well enough to travel from Elk Grove to Folsom Monday-Friday and occasionally Saturdays so I'm looking to relocate somewhere closer to were my job will be moving to.

I just wanted to get some insight of Folsom from people that live there. my fiancé works during the day as a waitress and attends Sac State and I work graveyard (10 P.M - 6:30 A.M) so I need somewhere that is somewhat quite with not a lot of criminal activity due to incidents that have happened while I was gone for 9 months. She wants to start with an apartment just to get settled in with living in a different city, get a feel of a new area and save up to buy a house. Now, I know Folsom is quite a upscale area, but I also know that there are some areas that are not-so-great places to live. I've mentioned Greenback (Folsom Ranch Apts) and my fiancé instantly said a no-go. I also went on the Folsom PD website and looked at the recent crimes going on and it seems to happen mostly around the E.Bidwell and Sibley so she would not want to live in the apartments that are near that area as well.

Does anyone have any opinions on apartments in or near the area that somewhat fit this category?? I've been looking at Folsom, Fair Oaks, El Dorado Hills (kind of pricey!), Citrus Heights. We are looking for just a 1 BR since it will be just us and our budget is around $1000-$1200 (she thinks $900 can get us into a really nice complex. haha) Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

#2 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:31 AM

Hi there! 

Congratulations on your engagement and thank you for your service to our country.  I think you would love Folsom-- it is quiet, friendly, safe and--when the time comes--a great place for kids.  Plus, you are wise to try to save money on gas by reducing your commute.   

There are a ton of nice-looking apartment complexes around here, so I'm sure you will find something suitable.  I'm not up on the prices, etc. so I'll let someone else chime in on that.  Good luck!

#3 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:38 AM

I don't know anyone who lives in the Folsom Ranch apartments, but I agree with your fiancée just from looking at the police logs.  I haven't heard anything about the new apartments on Sibley as yet.

Have you looked at the apartments on Natoma Station Drive?  It's close to hop on the freeway and not too far from grocery shopping, the theater, restaurants and the outlets.  I knew someone that lived there for a while and she had no complaints that I know of.

#4 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:47 AM

Have you looked at the apartments on Natoma Station Drive?  It's close to hop on the freeway and not too far from grocery shopping, the theater, restaurants and the outlets.  I knew someone that lived there for a while and she had no complaints that I know of.

Are you thinking of Waterford Place?  It's a pretty complex and very convenient.  We lived there for a few months years ago and really liked it.

#5 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:51 AM

My in laws lived at Waterford for a few years and never had any complaints.

#6 KB_3417

KB_3417

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:10 AM

Thank you and thank you for your response! The only time I ever go out there is for food and we usually just go right off scott rd by highway 50. I have a relative that lives in a mobile home park off greenback and I generally don't like that road. Too much traffic going through there and I just don't like the vibe I get whenever I go there. Thanks again for your feedback!

#7 KB_3417

KB_3417

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:14 AM

Thank you everyone for your responses! I shall check on the Waterford Place apartments.

#8 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:25 PM

Welcome!

There are apartments on Creekside. It appears ro be a nice area, but I can't speak from personal experience.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#9 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:41 PM

Welcome!

There are apartments on Creekside. It appears ro be a nice area, but I can't speak from personal experience.

I lived in a one-bedroom apartment on Creekside a few years ago. It was fine as apartments go. The location of Waterford is great and so is the neighborhood. One advantage of Waterford is what is within walking distance: the American River Trail, the outlets and the movie theater, then the other way on Natoma Station Drive you have a dentist, salon, massage, multiple restaurants, a Subway and a Starbucks, among others.

#10 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

I used to live at Iron Point at Prairie City. It's relatively quiet and close to the hwy. There is a grocery store within walking distance. Two years ago, a 2 bedroom was $1300.

There's another apartment complex (Willow Springs ) just up the Iron Point at McAddo that's really nice too. And then there is one at Iron Point & Broadstone Pkwy (Sherwood) Both of these are nice & near neighborhood walking trails. I have a friend who rents a condo in the Treehouse development, she loves it. That's also near Iton Point & McAdo. I toured the Preserve at Blue Ravine. They offer a discount for many employers, so you might want to check them out too. They are very nice, and it's a really friendly community. Even though I lived at Iron Point & loved my place, I feel a warning is somewhat necessary. It is Intel's corporate housing location for their H1B employees. When you visit Waterford Place, be sure to ask about the mold remediation & if it is complete.

I just did a search and found several Folsom complexes within your budget: all the ones I mentioned, plus The Fairmont at Willow Creek, the Legends at Willow Creek, etc. I was looking at a listing titled "131 top apartments in Folsom". Good luck! You two will love it here.

#11 Homer

Homer

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:31 PM

Hi all!

First, to start off my name is Kevin. I reside in Elk Grove ( Old Elk Grove), I currently serve in the United States Army Reserves and my civilian occupation is Vision Service Plan (VSP). I'm 22 and engaged and looking to move into my first place! My job is currently located in Rancho Cordova but there is a 95% chance that we will be moving to Folsom in November of this year (building behind Folsom Outlets). My current position does not pay me well enough to travel from Elk Grove to Folsom Monday-Friday and occasionally Saturdays so I'm looking to relocate somewhere closer to were my job will be moving to.

I just wanted to get some insight of Folsom from people that live there. my fiancé works during the day as a waitress and attends Sac State and I work graveyard (10 P.M - 6:30 A.M) so I need somewhere that is somewhat quite with not a lot of criminal activity due to incidents that have happened while I was gone for 9 months. She wants to start with an apartment just to get settled in with living in a different city, get a feel of a new area and save up to buy a house. Now, I know Folsom is quite a upscale area, but I also know that there are some areas that are not-so-great places to live. I've mentioned Greenback (Folsom Ranch Apts) and my fiancé instantly said a no-go. I also went on the Folsom PD website and looked at the recent crimes going on and it seems to happen mostly around the E.Bidwell and Sibley so she would not want to live in the apartments that are near that area as well.

Does anyone have any opinions on apartments in or near the area that somewhat fit this category?? I've been looking at Folsom, Fair Oaks, El Dorado Hills (kind of pricey!), Citrus Heights. We are looking for just a 1 BR since it will be just us and our budget is around $1000-$1200 (she thinks $900 can get us into a really nice complex. haha) Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

There's not really any high crime areas in Folsom. A lot of the activity in the Folsom Police log around E. Bidwell has to do with stuff being stolen from the shopping centers.  There are few streets with older run down apartments such as Bidwell St., Montrose, Tallisman and Duchow however there not unsafe. I would recommend driving around the different neighborhoods and touring the apartment complexes on the weekend when people are around to get a feel for them. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: apartments, real estate, houses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users