• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:12 PM

Did anyone else catch the debate? I happened to stumble on it tonight. I think KJ did pretty well - caught Fargo on a few things she didn't have answers for. He seemed nervous at first but settled down quickly. I think the debate is available on KCRA.com.

#2 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE(john @ May 22 2008, 09:12 PM) View Post
Did anyone else catch the debate? I happened to stumble on it tonight. I think KJ did pretty well - caught Fargo on a few things she didn't have answers for. He seemed nervous at first but settled down quickly. I think the debate is available on KCRA.com.

I saw most of it, John. I think he did fine, and I think she has to go. She strikes me as one of those politicians who is so entrenched that she just spouts the soundbites and thinks that's all she needs to do. I think she's pathetic.

And asking the Sac PD to re-open an investigation that has been officially closed reeks of desperation.

Yes, I dislike Fargo with a passion. She's just lame.
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#3 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:01 PM

Fargo really had no answers for all of KJs questions. It was pretty apparent that Fargo hasn't had to prepare for such an educated debate before in her political career. One question though......why wasn't Padilla invited. I love to hear him talk, even if he's a chucklehead.

#4 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:11 PM

I think this mayoral race is a joke. Fargo needs to go, but KJ's not exactly a great replacement, though he's definitely due to get more done and shed some light on Sacto. Unfortunately, I don't think the population is ready to be a big-league town like I think it should be.

#5 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE(cw68 @ May 22 2008, 10:11 PM) View Post
I think this mayoral race is a joke. Fargo needs to go, but KJ's not exactly a great replacement, though he's definitely due to get more done and shed some light on Sacto. Unfortunately, I don't think the population is ready to be a big-league town like I think it should be.

I'll be very surprised if Fargo doesn't win this election. Its hard to envision any mayor of any major city who is less inspiring than Fargo.

Typical narrow minded party loyalty will triumph over an opportunity. Steinberg, Dickinson and the rest of the Sacramento elitist, who are incapable of looking in the mirror to question their failed polices and their contributions to that citys current problems, are more interetsted in protecting the staus quo and their own ranking on the totem pole, than trying to improve Sacramento as a whole.

Their endorsement of Fargo should be a crystal clear indication on their vision for the County and State. God help us and get ready to start paying more in taxes!

After Fargo wins, she then can go back to traveling abroad, while telling others what a green city Sacramento is. The more she travels the better off Sacramnento is!

#6 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE(Robert Giacometti @ May 22 2008, 10:45 PM) View Post
I'll be very surprised if Fargo doesn't win this election. Its hard to envision any mayor of any major city who is less inspiring than Fargo.

Typical narrow minded party loyalty will triumph over an opportunity. Steinberg, Dickinson and the rest of the Sacramento elitist, who are incapable of looking in the mirror to question their failed polices and their contributions to that citys current problems, are more interetsted in protecting the staus quo and their own ranking on the totem pole, than trying to improve Sacramento as a whole.

Their endorsement of Fargo should be a crystal clear indication on their vision for the County and State. God help us and get ready to start paying more in taxes!

After Fargo wins, she then can go back to traveling abroad, while telling others what a green city Sacramento is. The more she travels the better off Sacramnento is!

It's so freaking frustrating. Sacramento has the potential to be much more than it is. I don't even know, exactly, what that is, but I know that it has so much going for it that isn't being tapped. And the wonks seem to like it that way!

#7 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE(cw68 @ May 22 2008, 11:01 PM) View Post
It's so freaking frustrating. Sacramento has the potential to be much more than it is. I don't even know, exactly, what that is, but I know that it has so much going for it that isn't being tapped. And the wonks seem to like it that way!

Absolutely agree with you 100%!

The reason why is simple...because Sacramento politics are dominated by one party. This prohibits any new ideas to evolve, because no one ever has to think. I'm not picking on the Dems, it happens either way when one party has complete control.

Don't forget what you said above, when "they" come asking to raise your taxes in Folsom, for Sacramento!

#8 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE(Robert Giacometti @ May 22 2008, 11:18 PM) View Post
Absolutely agree with you 100%!

The reason why is simple...because Sacramento politics are dominated by one party. This prohibits any new ideas to evolve, because no one ever has to think. I'm not picking on the Dems, it happens either way when one party has complete control.

Don't forget what you said above, when "they" come asking to raise your taxes in Folsom, for Sacramento!

See, here's where we differ. I don't blame a party, I blame the whole of Sacramento. The people keep electing people who don't move the city forward. Nobody in this region expects anything from those who represent the people. It's like they/we take the second rate city in stride and don't strive to be what we could be.

#9 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE(cw68 @ May 22 2008, 11:23 PM) View Post
See, here's where we differ. I don't blame a party, I blame the whole of Sacramento. The people keep electing people who don't move the city forward. Nobody in this region expects anything from those who represent the people. It's like they/we take the second rate city in stride and don't strive to be what we could be.

The party controls most everything, cmon, you know this you are from Chicago!

The party sets up a system that if one needs a job or favor, they ask a politician and become indebted to that politician and when it comes time to vote the party tells you how to vote and you either fall in line or get kicked out of line.

It becomes more of a survival process for citizens , since no one is willing to risk loosing their place in line, no one rocks the boat.

If Steinberg and Dickinson are truly 100% committed to doing what is best for their community, how in the world can they be supporting Fargo?

#10 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:56 AM

I don't like sacramento much, and darn glad I don't live in the city. Fargo is a jerk but she is sort of a symbol of why I avoid going downtown every chance I get.

Old Kevin is a breath of fresh air

#11 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE(old soldier @ May 23 2008, 07:56 AM) View Post
I don't like sacramento much, and darn glad I don't live in the city. Fargo is a jerk but she is sort of a symbol of why I avoid going downtown every chance I get.

I'm curious, when was the last time you were downtown? I LOVE Sacramento and the city is just brimming with potential greatness. It needs a strong leader though, someone with vision. Maybe KJ isn't the exact right person, but he represents a step in the right direction.

Back to your avoidance of downtown, what exactly would need to be there for it to be a place you'd go? One of the coolest things going is Second Saturday - though you'd have to be comfortable around a lot of gay and arty types.

Even San Fran is starting to recognize Sacramento as a pretty hip destination:

http://www.sfgate.co...?...001&sc=1000

#12 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE(Robert Giacometti @ May 23 2008, 07:55 AM) View Post
The party controls most everything, cmon, you know this you are from Chicago!

The party sets up a system that if one needs a job or favor, they ask a politician and become indebted to that politician and when it comes time to vote the party tells you how to vote and you either fall in line or get kicked out of line.

It becomes more of a survival process for citizens , since no one is willing to risk loosing their place in line, no one rocks the boat.

If Steinberg and Dickinson are truly 100% committed to doing what is best for their community, how in the world can they be supporting Fargo?

They aren't committed to doing what is best for their community and they get away with it because Sacramentans don't care. If the people held them to a higher standard then their control and shortcomings would be a problem. But it goes right back to the people. Joe Blow doesn't lose his place in line by expecting more from his town. How could a citizen lose their place in line?

Until the people change, Sacto will remain the town that didn't.

#13 EDH Jen

EDH Jen

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE(c_vanderveen @ May 23 2008, 09:43 AM) View Post
I'm curious, when was the last time you were downtown? I LOVE Sacramento and the city is just brimming with potential greatness. It needs a strong leader though, someone with vision. Maybe KJ isn't the exact right person, but he represents a step in the right direction.

Back to your avoidance of downtown, what exactly would need to be there for it to be a place you'd go? One of the coolest things going is Second Saturday - though you'd have to be comfortable around a lot of gay and arty types.

Even San Fran is starting to recognize Sacramento as a pretty hip destination:

http://www.sfgate.co...?...001&sc=1000

I love Sacramento, as well. I was born in Land Park, which over the years has still remained very nice. However, I avoid Sacramento like the plague, because much of it is crappy and depressing. There's a lot of work to be done, and honestly, I don't see any of the mayoral candiates being up to the task. Unlike Johnson, Fargo has already proven herself incapable of moving Sacramento forward.

#14 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE(EDH Jen @ May 23 2008, 11:38 AM) View Post
I avoid Sacramento like the plague, because much of it it crappy and depressing.

You are right. No matter how others try to spin it. Much of it is just an eyesore. Nice going, Fargo...
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#15 Folsom Guy

Folsom Guy

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE(old soldier @ May 23 2008, 07:56 AM) View Post

I have this weird hunch that Kevin is going to be the puppet of the maloofs....

Not saying that's a bad thing...but, I think he's got one goal and only one goal and that is get the arena deal done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users