#16 EAH

EAH

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (Darthvader @ Nov 5 2009, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So other than you constantly complaining here what are you doing outside of this forum to IMPROVE the environment and all these other issues you speak of?

Amen!

#17 (Cheesesteak)

(Cheesesteak)
  • Visitors

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:39 PM

asbestoshills -

"redneck" is a racial stereotype.

#18 Al Waysrite

Al Waysrite

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:40 PM

Back when I was an atty. I handled a few asbestos cases.

Some facts I learned about asbestos related diseases: First, the victims were usually workers who breathed in asbestos in very heavy doses, such as ship boiler operators or insulation installers.
Of those workers who had heavy exposures the incidences of cancer were correlated with cigarette smoking in over 90% of the cases.

Therefore the chance of getting asbestos related disease from running on asbesos laced soil is extremely slight and even less so amongst non-smokers.

#19 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (Cheesesteak @ Nov 5 2009, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
asbestoshills -

"redneck" is a racial stereotype.

Really, don't tell that to my half mexican uncle who is proud to be one:)
Americans, don't just come in one color or race.

#20 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (EAH @ Nov 5 2009, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Amen!

Many things...
-Memberships to several environmental groups that are watchdogs for nuclear waste, air pollution and water pollution. Volunteer at events that focus on teaching how pollutants have a synergistic negative effect on your health and how to avoid them.....Basically, don't eat anything you can't pronounce etc....
Protest companies that have horrible reputations for polluting the environment and force them to clean it up or face lawsuits.....(overt protests and letter writing campaigns etc)
We don't use pesticides on our garden. Use only products that are non-toxic, even laundry soap etc:) In other words, our family is a conscientious consumer:)
The thing about being an environmental advocate is that you can start at home. Drink only water that is treated through osmosis so you don't ingest over 200 plus pharmaceutical drugs into your system (these aren't tested in regular city water sources), eat organically, don't treat your garden with pesticides, don't purchase junk toys that are full of lead paint etc, add solar panels and other energy savings items into your house. etc. etc. etc.....

#21 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (luvmycity @ Nov 5 2009, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly!

If these govt agencies did their jobs better, the cancer rate would be lower.
Also, Aerojet only cleans things up after they are threatened to....
BTW, you don't have to be a scientist to see the effects of pollution...Look outside....Folsom doesn't have the cleanest air, in fact, some days it's pretty unhealthy.....
WHY wouldn't you want clean air and water? Why are you complaining about my post? BTW, I did mean Forbes magazine and the writers should be scolded for failing to mention how POLLUTED Sacramento really is...it gives a v. slanted angle. It's like if you had a nice car, but the transmission didn't work...
Sacramento has less toxic emissions than other cities, but fails to mention that it has one of the most dirty air problems in the country......You need to look at all of the stats when publishing this kind of story....I personally know a couple of local newscasters and they laughed when they reported this story....They thought it was hilarious as they see the smog filled foothills while driivng home....

#22 Suburban Pool Service

Suburban Pool Service

MyFolsom Pool Janitor

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Suburban Pool Service
    P.O. Box 1627
    Folsom, Ca 95763

Supplies /Weekly Service / Satisfaction

on the web at
    weservicepools.com

(916) 792-4836
    email service@suburbanpoolsupply.com

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (asbestoshills @ Nov 5 2009, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Drink Rancho's water for 20 years and see what happens to you. .

I felt compelled to respond to this.. I have an Aunt that has lived in Rancho Cordova since 1978-79 ish she is doing very well, alive and happy. My Grandfather bought his home in Rancho Cordova in the 1960's he lived what I would consider a long life of 86 years, died of natural causes.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming
"Wow! What a Ride!"

weservicepools.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users