Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:00 PM

City's prpposed MOU: http://www.sacbee.co...00202535-5).doc

Maloof's response: http://www.sacbee.co...OBS1.source.pdf

Complying with a court order, the city of Sacramento on Monday released an arena negotiating proposal given to the owners of the Sacramento Kings.

Last week, a Sacramento Superior Court Judge ordered the city to release the document. Instead, the city asked the 3rd District Court of Appeal to allow it to keep under wraps while legal arguments in the case were reviewed.

Monday morning, the 3rd District determined that the temporary stay should be lifted and the document released, said Jon Coupal, president of the Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association, the group that sued the city for the proposal.

The taxpayers group said the public is entitled to the information in order to make an informed vote Nov. 7 on Measures Q and R -- the arena plan to increase the sales tax a quarter cent to raised $1.2 billion for an arena/entertainment center and community projects.

#2 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:53 PM

I'll wait for the opponents to read through this long document. I'm interested to see if there is anything secret and scary that was being hidden, or if it truly was just beneficial for negotiations not to disclose it.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#3 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE(mylo @ Oct 30 2006, 01:53 PM) View Post

I'll wait for the opponents to read through this long document. I'm interested to see if there is anything secret and scary that was being hidden, or if it truly was just beneficial for negotiations not to disclose it.

I read it. NO surprises at all.

#4 ngilbert

ngilbert

Rainbow Bridge Troll

• Premium Member
  • 5,368 posts
  • Interests:filling out questionaires

Posted 30 October 2006 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE(mylo @ Oct 30 2006, 01:53 PM) View Post

I'm not sure how I feel about the part where Team Dime is responsible for arena security

IPB Image
"Here's the last toast of the evening: Here's to those who still believe. All the losers will be winners, all the givers will receive. Here's to trouble-free tomorrows, may your sorrows all be small. Here's to the losers: bless them all
Sinatra "Here's to the Losers"

#5 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 02:29 PM

rofl.gif

^ Winners!

I love (* Team Dime is not a gang.)

I wonder how much of Bibby's salary goes to his "posse". I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out that these guys are gravy-training him.

#6 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE(c_vanderveen @ Oct 30 2006, 01:56 PM) View Post

I read it. NO surprises at all.

Haven't read it, but will before voting. Do you think that the elected officials are working hard enough to protect the general public if the measures pass? Do you think that outlying areas like Folsom will ever see a dime of the tax increase?
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#7 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 02:59 PM

I thought we voted this down already?

Good article in the Bee yesterday about how other cities build these Arena's without a vote of the peopel and without raising sales taxes....where I have heard that before?

#8 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE(tessieca @ Oct 30 2006, 02:44 PM) View Post

Haven't read it, but will before voting. Do you think that the elected officials are working hard enough to protect the general public if the measures pass? Do you think that outlying areas like Folsom will ever see a dime of the tax increase?

I do. I am a cynic, but I am not so cynical that I believe local officials would steal right in front of our faces. They made be inept, they made be inexperienced, but I don't think they're evil.

#9 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:04 PM

No matter what:::: VOTE NO

I would bet that no money will be coming back to Folsom. If it does it won't be for at
least 7 or more years... There will be so many cost over runs that before it would be done
it will cost us all millions more than what they are telling us. Just my opinion...

guitar.gif guitar.gif guitar.gif guitar.gif guitar.gif guitar.gif guitar.gif
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#10 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:06 PM

VOTE YES ON Q & R

#11 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:21 PM

Vote NO on large and bold fonts!
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#12 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE(c_vanderveen @ Oct 30 2006, 03:06 PM) View Post

VOTE YES ON Q & R

Okay, that helps, thanks. M U S T D O W H A T B I G T Y P E S A Y S . . .
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#13 melloguy

melloguy

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE(tessieca @ Oct 30 2006, 03:34 PM) View Post

I feel so inadequate - I can't do what the big type says because I already sent my absentee ballot with a "NO" on both Q & R...
"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is three-fold: its patriotism, its morality and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within." -- Joseph Stalin, former dictator of the Soviet Union

#14 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE(melloguy @ Oct 30 2006, 04:39 PM) View Post

I feel so inadequate - I can't do what the big type says because I already sent my absentee ballot with a "NO" on both Q & R...

Good Choice - Vote NO -

Cheers
F500

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#15 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:17 AM

QUOTE(tessieca @ Oct 30 2006, 03:34 PM) View Post

IPB Image
Excellent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users