50 replies to this topic

#1 zippy123

zippy123

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 07:42 PM

Hi all my name is Christian and I am a 15 y/o Folsom High Student. I am in serious need of money, to pay for lunch and my school trip to Riverside. I have experience with many kinds of work such as; Babysitting, Yard Work, House Cleaning, Pet Sitting, Office Work, elementary and middle school tutoring, etc. If you have any question please post a comment or feel free to email me at christian.task1@gmail.com

Thank You Much
Christian Task

#2 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE(zippy123 @ Mar 30 2008, 08:42 PM) View Post
Hi all my name is Christian and I am a 15 y/o Folsom High Student. I am in serious need of money, to pay for lunch and my school trip to Riverside. I have experience with many kinds of work such as; Babysitting, Yard Work, House Cleaning, Pet Sitting, Office Work, elementar/middle school tutorin, etc. If you have any question please post a comment or feel free to email me at christian.task1@gmail.com

Thank You Much
Christian Task

Hi Christian -
I noticed you posted on a few other boards as well; We deleted duplicates as it is redundant and most people search for new posts, and there is no need to see all three. Good luck with your search!

john

#3 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE(zippy123 @ Mar 30 2008, 07:42 PM) View Post
Hi all my name is Christian and I am a 15 y/o Folsom High Student. I am in serious need of money, to pay for lunch and my school trip to Riverside. I have experience with many kinds of work such as; Babysitting, Yard Work, House Cleaning, Pet Sitting, Office Work, elementar/middle school tutorin, etc. If you have any question please post a comment or feel free to email me at christian.task1@gmail.com

Thank You Much
Christian Task

So is it "tutorin" or "tutoring?" I know how you young folks are into weird slang and speaking in text message talk but if you are indeed talking about tutoring you should probably invest in spell checking software or at least proof read your posts!
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#4 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE(Darthvader @ Mar 30 2008, 09:44 PM) View Post
So is it "tutorin" or "tutoring?" I know how you young folks are into weird slang and speaking in text message talk but if you are indeed talking about tutoring you should probably invest in spell checking software or at least proof read your posts!

darthy... quit being a wiener. smile.gif
<3

#5 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE(Darthvader @ Mar 30 2008, 10:44 PM) View Post

Christian, don't let Darthy get you down. I'm sure it was just a typo, and I'm sure Darth means it as constructive criticism. I admire your initiative to find ways to make your own money.

Also, Darth, "proofread" is one word as far as I know.

#6 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE(ducky @ Mar 31 2008, 07:53 AM) View Post
Christian, don't let Darthy get you down. I'm sure it was just a typo, and I'm sure Darth means it as constructive criticism. I admire your initiative to find ways to make your own money.

Also, Darth, "proofread" is one word as far as I know.

You're right about "proofread", but Darth wasn't peddling his teaching skills. I agree with Darth, I cringe everytime I see a school notice with a misspelled word. I expect a school that is teaching little ones how to spell, to have perfection in notices they post with regards to spelling. So if zippy wants to market himself as a tutor, he should make sure someone doesn't see his incorrect spelling and think, hmm, the guy must be zippy the pinhead rofl.gif
I would rather be Backpacking

#7 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE(Bill Z @ Mar 31 2008, 08:39 AM) View Post
You're right about "proofread", but Darth wasn't peddling his teaching skills. I agree with Darth, I cringe everytime I see a school notice with a misspelled word. I expect a school that is teaching little ones how to spell, to have perfection in notices they post with regards to spelling. So if zippy wants to market himself as a tutor, he should make sure someone doesn't see his incorrect spelling and think, hmm, the guy must be zippy the pinhead rofl.gif

I'm not sure that the word was misspelled. All that was left off was the "g" on the end. Looks more like a typo to me. I agree with you on the school notices, but zippy is a 15-year-old high school student, not a school administrator with a Ph.D. or B.A.

Maybe zippy's strengths are in mathematics and history and not so much grammar and spelling. I don't know.

Moral of the story, zippy, is both BillZ and Darth are correct. Proofreading is important if you want to put your best foot forward in promoting yourself. I just thought it could have been said in a kinder way.

#8 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE(Darthvader @ Mar 30 2008, 10:44 PM) View Post

Or get a typing tutor.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#9 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE(ducky @ Mar 31 2008, 08:48 AM) View Post
I'm not sure that the word was misspelled. All that was left off was the "g" on the end. Looks more like a typo to me.

Whether it's poor spelling knowledge or a typing mistake, it is still a misspelled word.
I work in marketing and I'm always amazed at how bad some people spell. But it does truly detract when something professional is misspelled.
I would rather be Backpacking

#10 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE(Bill Z @ Mar 31 2008, 11:15 AM) View Post
Whether it's poor spelling knowledge or a typing mistake, it is still a misspelled word.
I work in marketing and I'm always amazed at how bad some people spell. But it does truly detract when something professional is misspelled.

Um, that would be "badly" since it modifies the verb, "spell."
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#11 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE(Resume Lady @ Mar 31 2008, 11:21 AM) View Post

I wasn't gonna say it! rofl.gif

#12 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE(Resume Lady @ Mar 31 2008, 11:21 AM) View Post

Shouldn't it have been "poorly" or "horribly"?

And shouldn't it have been "someone", rather than "something"?

Everyone can second guess or correct someone, so why don't we just leave it alone and get on with our morning?

Jeez, this is a forum---not a professional bicker site.

#13 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE(supermom @ Mar 31 2008, 11:29 AM) View Post

bickering

#14 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE(supermom @ Mar 31 2008, 11:29 AM) View Post
Shouldn't it have been "poorly" or "horribly"?

And shouldn't it have been "someone", rather than "something"?

Everyone can second guess or correct someone, so why don't we just leave it alone and get on with our morning?

That's exactly the point. We all make mistakes, particularly when trying to jot off a quick post.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#15 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:39 AM

what the heck ? - the kid is trying to find a way to earn money and folks here are giving him too much grief over a simple typo - lighten up people, until you are 100% perfect, stop being spelling nazi's

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users