Jenncez

Your Local Scentsy & Thirty-One Consultant

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE(Jolene @ Apr 29 2008, 10:54 AM) View Post

See this is where I get confused....

I can get this SnugRider stroller for $60. But then I still need to get an infant seat...that sort of matches, for $80. (Basically the same price as a travel system - comes all together and matches.) BUT then in a few months when she outgrows the infant seat...I have to then find a bigger seat to fit into that SnugRider (that sort of matches)?
Or do you no longer use the SnugRider at that point and just get a whole new stroller for a 9 month old? Just seems like the travel system would be easier? We already have the bigger car seat for later on.
So confusing!!!

#17 Jenncez

Jenncez

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE(Robert Giacometti @ Apr 29 2008, 11:39 AM) View Post
I've got a buy one get one free coupon from Weinerschnitzels I'll trade you?

YUM!!!

#18 gm2005

gm2005

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE(Jenncez @ Apr 29 2008, 11:48 AM) View Post
See this is where I get confused....

I can get this SnugRider stroller for $60. But then I still need to get an infant seat...that sort of matches, for $80. (Basically the same price as a travel system - comes all together and matches.) BUT then in a few months when she outgrows the infant seat...I have to then find a bigger seat to fit into that SnugRider (that sort of matches)?
Or do you no longer use the SnugRider at that point and just get a whole new stroller for a 9 month old? Just seems like the travel system would be easier? We already have the bigger car seat for later on.
So confusing!!!

Once they outgrow the infant seat you don't buy another seat to fit into the stroller. You just put them in the stroller without the seat.
They make the infant seats that go to 30lbs now (I think that Graco makes one called Safeseat) they fit into the snugride strollers.
If you are going to take the stroller in and out of the car a lot, I would suggest that you get a lighter stroller (we have ingelsina zippy and love it) and get a car seat that like. I know that it's nice to have it match but it's really not that big of a deal.

#19 Gina99

Gina99

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE(Jenncez @ Apr 29 2008, 09:57 AM) View Post
I think it's the best investment. The car seat easily goes in and out of the car base, goes right into the stroller (or a shopping cart). It's great for walks. I've been told by tons of people to get a travel system. Sure it may be a little bulky or heavy but that's not really a big deal to me. I plan on getting a cheap umbrella stroller as well for later on.

I had a similar stroller and I loved it AND I have tendonitis in my wrist. It wasn't too heavy and I loved the convenience. I never felt the need for an umbrella stroller.

#20 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 02:17 PM

Here's a cool stroller weighs 18 pounds versus the 22 to 50 pounds of the bigger strollers. Difference? Does not include the infant car seat. But this can survive a 40 pound kid. Who would strap a four year old in a stroller?

Anyway: http://www.healthche...ro_stroller.htm

For $789 dollars it meets the needs of a cold environment when going on long walks--and for areas with rain or bugs it has a nice wraparound thingy.

but----When my kids were expecting--I sure as heck didn't have the money:) for this thing!!

ohhh--I found an interesting one!!

Doesn't look like it would be comfortable to ride in--but it does look comfortable to sit in---

http://www.healthche...it_n_stroll.htm

#21 sat

sat

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE(Jenncez @ Apr 29 2008, 09:57 AM) View Post
I think it's the best investment. The car seat easily goes in and out of the car base, goes right into the stroller (or a shopping cart). It's great for walks. I've been told by tons of people to get a travel system. Sure it may be a little bulky or heavy but that's not really a big deal to me. I plan on getting a cheap umbrella stroller as well for later on.

I had the travel system with my three kids. Or I should say, I had two travel systems, because if you use it a lot, it will wear out, so we had to buy another one for our third baby. Anyhow, I didn't think it was too bulky. The Gracos that we had were easy to fold up, and the stroller-to-car seat was handy when they were newborns. We also had umbrella strollers, and those were extremely useful, also. I always kept each in the back of my car, and used each probably equally.

Another pointer, which might have already been addressed, is to have two car seats if you have two cars. It gets to be a pain to keep moving it from car to car. We learned that fast with our first. I think she was only three weeks old and then we bought another one. My mother-in-law even bought one for her car, just in case she had to pick up the baby unexpectedly.

Good luck. Sadly, no more babies for this household. Three is enough. But I am extremely baby-envious.

#22 sat

sat

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 03:39 PM

Sorry, I don't know where that little angry icon next to my name above came from. It's not directed at anyone, just don't know how to get rid of it. Gave me a laugh, though.

#23 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE(sat @ Apr 29 2008, 04:39 PM) View Post
Sorry, I don't know where that little angry icon next to my name above came from. It's not directed at anyone, just don't know how to get rid of it. Gave me a laugh, though.

You're such an angry little person, that's why! Grrrrrrrr!
(I hope I don't have to tell you that I'm kidding. :D)
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#24 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Apr 29 2008, 11:02 AM) View Post
Jolene: http://sacramento.cr.../660425238.html

the bomb. This is the kind of stroller I wish would have been available when my tots were young. Smaller, lighter, but still with storage.

Which is perfect EXCEPT when they are in a carrier. smile.gif

I like the big stroller when the baby is LITTLE.... then when it ca sit up alone, move to the smaller stroller.
<3

#25 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:37 PM

Okay, two very important things:

1) Jenncez, this is a great idea if you want to set up a website. Trade gift cards!!! My daughter got a Best Buy gift card last Christmas and would have loved to trade for Circuit City or Target.

2) Do any of you mommies have a stroller and/or jog stroller I can borrow late June/early July when I have my grandson here? He'll be flying so won't have all of his equipment. I want to take him for a run and for walks both.
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#26 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE(tessieca @ Apr 29 2008, 09:37 PM) View Post
2) Do any of you mommies have a stroller and/or jog stroller I can borrow late June/early July when I have my grandson here? He'll be flying so won't have all of his equipment. I want to take him for a run and for walks both.

Yep! You're more than welcome to borrow my jogging stroller. It's the Bob Revolution from REI and it is AWESOME. It's a little big (okay, a lot big), but very smooth. Lemme know when he's here and we can arrange getting it to you.

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#27 Jenncez

Jenncez

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE(tessieca @ Apr 29 2008, 09:37 PM) View Post

1) Jenncez, this is a great idea if you want to set up a website. Trade gift cards!!! My daughter got a Best Buy gift card last Christmas and would have loved to trade for Circuit City or Target.

It would be nice to have a place to trade gift cards with others...but after posting this also on Craigslist and having it flagged because people thought it was a scam, I am not sure how you would keep people from being scammed or trusting the gift cards are what they are.

#28 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE(Jenncez @ Apr 30 2008, 07:50 AM) View Post
It would be nice to have a place to trade gift cards with others...but after posting this also on Craigslist and having it flagged because people thought it was a scam, I am not sure how you would keep people from being scammed or trusting the gift cards are what they are.

good question... there is a phone # you can usually call for the card to see your balance... but I would not want to give that out BEFORE trading the card.....
<3

#29 Gina99

Gina99

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:59 AM

I decided to do a search;

http://www.tradegiftcardsonline.com/

There are others

#30 Not a Folsom Snob

Not a Folsom Snob

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:51 AM

I bought the biggest bulkest stroller which had a bassinet attachment and then converted into a stroller with a large storage area under it and loved it. Sure it took me a second more to get it out of the car but I loved my carriage and wouldn't have traded it for anything else. I never used an umbrella stroller because they don't recline. Buy your dream stroller, you won't regret it!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users