36 replies to this topic

#16 Brett911

Brett911

Hall Of Famer

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 11:13 AM

we will feature Edible Images for cakes so you can have any picture/image you want on the cake.

this is looking like a thread-jack. sorry. no harm intended.
QUOTE(CostcoLover @ Sep 26 2005, 12:11 PM)
How about a pic of some suggestions - a birthday that falls on valentine's day for a boy.

smile.gif

View Post

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know." -- Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

#17 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 26 September 2005 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE(MSgt @ Sep 26 2005, 09:56 AM)
When I was reading Farleys reply about the oak book case and selling stuff on Craigs list I was wondering how many people here use it?
We have had great sucess.  This year alone we have sold two cars, a campershell and truck bed liner, some roof racks and a hammock. 
We think Craigs list rocks!

View Post

Craig's list does rock! I sold a Honda motorcycle on there for full asking price a few months ago...

I'm just about to list my RV on there

Funny coincidence....just now as I'm on the site starting to build my ad, I got a call from a friend of a friend who's interested in my RV - and the funny part is that his name is Craig! talk about strange timing... rofl.gif

If anyone needs an RV let me know! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#18 FolsomBarb

FolsomBarb

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 11:48 AM

I use it a lot, and each time have had extremely good results selling what I've listed. It rocks!
I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are someone else's fault.

#19 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 12:25 PM

Craigslist is awesome. Everything sells on craigslist. Sometimes things get buried there too though. If you want to sell Folsom-to-Folsom, sell here! (wink wink, nod nod)

#20 Brett911

Brett911

Hall Of Famer

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 12:28 PM

nothing against John or MF, but you can filter on Craig's list. Use the top portion of the search page when you search Sacramento, then subsearch Folsom (or any hood for that matter) and you'll get only more local listings.

here's an example:

http://sacramento.cr...=min&maxAsk=max

even cooler is that in FireFox you can drag the page below your tolbar and instantly go a nd see what's on Craigs in Folsom with one click. FF rock in case you did not already know or are using IExploder or something.... v 1.7 came out today.

QUOTE(john @ Sep 26 2005, 01:25 PM)
Craigslist is awesome. Everything sells on craigslist. Sometimes things get buried there too though. If you want to sell Folsom-to-Folsom, sell here! (wink wink, nod nod)

View Post

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know." -- Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

#21 mckjen

mckjen

Netizen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 12:34 PM

I use it frequently and also have had great success. I've sold sporting tickets, electronics, etc. Also, I found our rental home on there too!

#22 Anthony2173

Anthony2173

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 07:57 PM

Craigslist is the best. No seller fees, no shipping and I have never once had a problem

#23 folsom_lass

folsom_lass

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE(MSgt @ Sep 26 2005, 09:56 AM) View Post

When I was reading Farleys reply about the oak book case and selling stuff on Craigs list I was wondering how many people here use it?
We have had great sucess. This year alone we have sold two cars, a campershell and truck bed liner, some roof racks and a hammock.
We think Craigs list rocks!

#24 Farley

Farley

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE(randb @ Sep 26 2005, 12:06 PM) View Post

We list jobs there and have had a pretty good response, though we still use monster and dice as well.

Does that mean a roll of the dice to pick an employee rolleyes.gif

#25 jtroiano

jtroiano

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 02:18 PM

My son recently got an IT job thru dice, but he also had quite a few interviews with jobs he found on Craigslist.
I have also found part time work thru Craigslist.

#26 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 02:20 PM

Craigslist in the Bay is the only place to look for a job. When I was leaving my job in SF five years ago, Craigslist was the only place at which I put a posting. I received over 300 responses. (Of which 20 were viable.)

#27 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 18 April 2006 - 04:47 AM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Apr 17 2006, 03:20 PM) View Post

Craigslist in the Bay is the only place to look for a job. When I was leaving my job in SF five years ago, Craigslist was the only place at which I put a posting. I received over 300 responses. (Of which 20 were viable.)

As an employer, Craigslist has been the best. It costs my company nothing, and I have about 25 of my 30 employees from there. The other five employees are from ads in the Bee, but those ads cost me about $250 per run (Sunday and Monday in print and one week online) with minimal results.
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#28 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 07:06 AM

Craig's List is a great place to buy/sell.

Note: The last time when I sold my Old G3 Mac computer I was contacted by a person that I later found out was from Lagos Nigera. He wanted to give me more money than I was asking for, take the computer to FEDEX and have them wrap it and send it to him. He even gave me a bogus FEDEX accound number that I was supposed to charge all this too.

I said to myself, SELF, what is wrong here?

I asked FEDEX about the account number and they said it was an old, no longer used, number and was not valid.

To make it short, I did not deal with this person.

Be aware of anyone that wants to give you more than you are asking for and try to deal with CASH deals in the local area.

Craig's List does put out warnings about these people, so be aware.

GOOD LUCK...
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#29 bishmasterb

bishmasterb

MyFolsom Loser

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 08:01 AM

Yeah, basically don't deal with anyone from Nigeria over the Internet...ever! smile.gif

I sold a ton of stuff on CL over the weekend. My phone started ringing just minutes after posting the first listing.

#30 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 18 April 2006 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE(bishmasterb @ Apr 18 2006, 09:01 AM) View Post

Yeah, basically don't deal with anyone from Nigeria over the Internet...ever! smile.gif
I sold a ton of stuff on CL over the weekend. My phone started ringing just minutes after posting the first listing.

I've sold lots of computer and motorcycle stuff via Craigslist - I look at it as the free version of ebay.

hey what are you saying about nigeria!?? why just the other day I found out I have a long lost relative from there who left me millions and a very nice and kind nigerian lawyer contacted me and all I had to do was give him my bank account access so he could transfer the money in directly - I will be a millionaire within a few hours woo hoo!

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users