6 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. Folsom

Dr. Folsom

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 09:19 AM

After looking at homes in Talus Ridge & Renaissance the prices seem to be 100k less for what I expected for a 3500+ sf home.

There are also quite a few pre-foreclosures & foreclosures.

Is it because of small lots, poor construction, power lines or something else?

#2 bishmasterb

bishmasterb

MyFolsom Loser

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 09:26 AM

If both ER and the Parkway are $100K less than "what you expected" perhaps it is your expectations that are not in line with the market reality. The past year and a half or so haven't been great for the local housing market.

#3 sat

sat

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 09:39 AM

I live in Talus Ridge, and have not noticed a lot of homes for sale. I know my home's value has dropped since a couple of years ago, but hasn't everyone's? I figure that I still pay the same mortgage each month, so if my house's value goes up or down, to me, no big deal. Of course I would have a different reaction if I was selling or refinancing.

I don't have any big issue with the builder. I have had many repairs done in the last five years, but they are more about our house shifting, however, all repairs were done under warranty. I live on a hill, and I think natural shifting is the cause. When I lived in my other house, built by the same builder, my house was on a flat parcel, so, basically, I never had an issue.

#4 Redone

Redone

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 09:57 PM

Talus Ridge is in Broadstone also. Renaissance homes have small garages, the only drawback.

#5 realtor

realtor

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, Tennis, Dancing, Travel, interesting stuff and things to do.

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE(Dr. Folsom @ May 27 2007, 10:19 AM) View Post
After looking at homes in Talus Ridge & Renaissance the prices seem to be 100k less for what I expected for a 3500+ sf home.

It's because people bought more than they could afford and now cannot keep up with their payments. I sold my home in Talus Ridge in Dec 2005...it's now in foreclosure. It's unfortunate and saddens me to think that there are so many people out there who have to move out of their homes unwillingly.

#6 Redone

Redone

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE(realtor @ Jun 22 2007, 01:58 AM) View Post
It's because people bought more than they could afford and now cannot keep up with their payments. I sold my home in Talus Ridge in Dec 2005...it's now in foreclosure. It's unfortunate and saddens me to think that there are so many people out there who have to move out of their homes unwillingly.

Ha ! you can buy your own house back for less ! What a great deal.

#7 joy

joy

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE(Dr. Folsom @ May 27 2007, 10:19 AM) View Post

I would think it's true that, for the same house with that square footage, there are houses on larger lot and better built ones in other community -- I'm not saying the house is not well built. I lived in Renaissance for 6month this past year. I think the reason for that is, this community combine a wide range of houses from 2000 to 4000 sqft, and that normally will drag down the price of the big ones. Due to the smaller lot size there, you get the 'compact' feeling in this community. In real estate, everything matters. I do like their club house though so you won't need to build gym and swimming pools. It's a saving for energy and everyone. I'm not sure how much they charge for HOA though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users