#1 olivia

olivia

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:20 PM

http://www.checkupne...-to-know-about/

Check out these apps that are accessible for "kids".  Have you ever run across any of them?

#2 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:37 PM

I am familiar with some of these through my volunteer work as a CASA. It is interesting to me how we've moved from a point in time in which parents wanted their children to have cell phones for emergency purposes to giving them phones that have internet service, the ability to send and receive sext messages, and the ability to have chats that parents can't monitor. Older teens who have earned their parents' trust might be entrusted with more services on their phones, but it concerns me that children, pre-teens, and adolescents have access to these services. They are to young to make intelligent decisions and they cannot effectively predict the consequences of their actions. I think most parents are unaware of what their young people are doing with their phones and with whom they are in communication.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users